Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardmember Services
Anybody else get these relentless phone calls from Cardmember Services? The federal government, and most states, including Kentucky, are trying to corner these guys. They are having a terrible time tracing them down. It is a scam, don't give them your information, of any kind. I have one of those CO2 type boat horn waiting on them for their next call to me. If they want to keep calling me, they will have a busted ear drum.
I love when I get calls about cruises and stuff, I scream into the phone, "Is this Dana?" "Yeah I done sold that Motor, Still got that transmission!"..lol
I use a locally owned telephone service. I can go online, access my account, get a list of numbers that has called my phone and have a choice of up to 20 numbers that I can block. I love it!!

My friend and co-worker hands the phone to his daughter (who is 4 and loves to talk), and she will talk to the callers until the callers hang up. He says she will say things like...."Yea, I would buy that, yea you can send that to me, Yea, what else do you have", etc.
:biggrin:
I always answer the phone and start holding down numbers one after the other so it sounds like a fax machine. I was once told that when you do this, the computer on the other end, thinks it's a fax machine and will remove the number from their call list. Don't know if it actually works. But, what the hack. It's worth a try.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I just got another call from them, and they got an ear full of one of those loud CO2 type boat horns. I got a hearty "F you", then they hung up.
^ LOL, thanks for the laugh. I needed it!
Just curious, im not tech whiz, how is it possible that people can not be easily traced down when doing these things?
I know hackers and scam artist can get away doing this things on the internet using encrypted text but a phone? How does that happen?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just curious, im not tech whiz, how is it possible that people can not be easily traced down when doing these things?
I know hackers and scam artist can get away doing this things on the internet using encrypted text but a phone? How does that happen?
I don't have a clue. You'd think they would have no problem tracking them, unless they move their operations regularly.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't have a clue. You'd think they would have no problem tracking them, unless they move their operations regularly.

You'd definitely think they could find anybody.