Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 8th Grade Results KBA Middle School State Tournament
Pikeville defeats Webster County by 25

Pikeville defeats North Laurel by 31

Pikeville will play Boyd County at 5:15.
Congrats, Panthers:Clap:
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville defeats Webster County by 25

Pikeville defeats North Laurel by 31

Pikeville will play Boyd County at 5:15.

Pikeville defeated Boyd. Play E.J. Hayes at 7:35
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Pikeville defeated Boyd. Play E.J. Hayes at 7:35
Thank you. Pikeville defeats Boyd County by 11.

If they defeat EJ Hayes, and Dorton wins, it will be a Pike County Championship rematch.
Pikeville defeated EJ Hayes by 4.

They will play Dorton in the Sweet 16.
Pikeville 28
Dorton 12

At the half.
Is the Teddy Smith from Johns Creek playing with them?

Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville 28
Dorton 12

At the half.
Yes, Smith played,, Ryder johnson did not
KBA rules state that he cannot play cause he hasn't played 5 regular season games with that team, so Teddy Smith is not eligible to play.
Well he played, I watched them play 3 games today
Pikeville defeats Dorton 48-42

Pikeville advances to the Elite 8.
Go here then click on rules
http://www.playkba.com/AsaPages/BBall%20...ments.aspx
holler_cat72 Wrote:Go here then click on rules
http://www.playkba.com/AsaPages/BBall%20...ments.aspx

You should know by now that the rules don't apply to Pikeville...
They will end up forfeiting when they do a check. Season begins with Kimper drama and will end in forfeiting due to ineligible player. It's always something.
No way he played 5 games. KBA better fix this or they just opened a loophole for other teams.
new o Wrote:No way he played 5 games. KBA better fix this or they just opened a loophole for other teams.
Leave this thread for results.

Take the other discussion to another thread, or start a new one.
This is the rule that has obviously been broken, Smith played for Johns Creek on Saturday in the county tournament. I know he transferred to Pikeville this week, but why would anyone want to accept a win, any win by cheating. This is what basketball has come to in todays society, win at all costs, no morals, and it is sad.

For KBA Middle School State Tournaments, Players Must Have Played In At Least 5 Games With Their Team To Be Eligible
trufan Wrote:This is the rule that has obviously been broken, Smith played for Johns Creek on Saturday in the county tournament. I know he transferred to Pikeville this week, but why would anyone want to accept a win, any win by cheating. This is what basketball has come to in todays society, win at all costs, no morals, and it is sad.

For KBA Middle School State Tournaments, Players Must Have Played In At Least 5 Games With Their Team To Be Eligible

Here are the 5 games they played:
1.) Monday Vs. Pikeville varsity.
2.) Tuesday Vs. Pikeville varsity
3.) Wed Vs.Pikeville church youth group at the Blue Goose
4.) Thurs. Vs. Pikeville Varsity
5.) Fri morning Vs. Pikeville Senior citizens at the YMCA

Great games
Stir it however you want, Pikeville has either lied or cheated to win. If KBA allows this, then this tournament has become a joke. Why have rules if they are not followed, senior citizens, seriously, what a shame.
You see the difference in coaches here... Coach Davis would never intentionally try to skew results of any tournament by adding players to his team just to win one tournamnet. Of course, if transfers come in at the beginning or mid season that is another story. High class shown on Dorton's part when they could have easily taken some EXTRAS with them. Heads up Davis and the rest of the Dorton team.... you are bestowed upon by others as showing true honesty, character as well as class and yes you have shown eveeyone who is truly the best in Pike County.
I seriously hope these games mentioned above are a joke
Pikeville defeats Owensboro Catholic 58-43.

Pikeville advances to the Final Four.

The Panthers will face Northern Pulaski at 11:20.
Not trying to stir the pot here but I know for a fact Teddy played against BL Thursday night in JV action and also Pikeville played Magoffin Tues, so he could have played in the JV game that night also. Add the three games prior to the Dorton game and that would make 5. I'm no math major, but that seems right. Also to the poster who said its a shame, Dorton was definitely the best team on the season.....Tough to say that when Pikeville won 2 out of 3, now I know they lost the one that counted but all 3 were very tight games so the more correct statement would have been 2 very evenly matched teams. Just saying.
I hope Pikeville wins the whole thing then when KBA officials strip the title from them for cheating then everyone will be ashamed to be involved with that team and this only hurts the future of this program and the kids involved in it.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Not trying to stir the pot here but I know for a fact Teddy played against BL Thursday night in JV action and also Pikeville played Magoffin Tues, so he could have played in the JV game that night also. Add the three games prior to the Dorton game and that would make 5. I'm no math major, but that seems right. Also to the poster who said its a shame, Dorton was definitely the best team on the season.....Tough to say that when Pikeville won 2 out of 3, now I know they lost the one that counted but all 3 were very tight games so the more correct statement would have been 2 very evenly matched teams. Just saying.

The three games prior to Dorton are in the same tournament, he shouldn't have been allowed to play in any of them, I am no math major either, but 2 does not equal 5 anywhere. Stir away, sad.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Not trying to stir the pot here but I know for a fact Teddy played against BL Thursday night in JV action and also Pikeville played Magoffin Tues, so he could have played in the JV game that night also. Add the three games prior to the Dorton game and that would make 5. I'm no math major, but that seems right. Also to the poster who said its a shame, Dorton was definitely the best team on the season.....Tough to say that when Pikeville won 2 out of 3, now I know they lost the one that counted but all 3 were very tight games so the more correct statement would have been 2 very evenly matched teams. Just saying.
The 5 games are to be prior to the tournament. My understanding is that the team played 5 jv games. Do not know if fact, just the story I have been told. Trust me if Pikeville wins the tournament (not likely, tough thing to do) it will be investigated.

Like I said before, I do not believe he should be eligible no matter the rule. But if they did do enough in the KBA's eyes, my opinion is worthless.
Micro this is middle school not high school I think there is a difference there name the 5 games he played with this middle school team prior to this tournament.

Well the three games prior to the Dorton game were in the tournament, so they should have not been allowed to participate in the tournament anyway because that makes only two games.
Did he play in the first three games of the tournament?I just hadn't heard his name mentioned prior to the Dorton game. Sorry I don't know the rules of KBA basketball, I just saw a total of 5. If the rule is 5 games prior to the tournament then Pikeville should have abided by that rule.
You can't count the tournament he has to play at least 5 games with that middle school team not high school, aau, or senior citizens. It has to be middle school games.