Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
58th District- starting lineups
Who will be in the starting lineup for each of the 58th District schools?

BLHS
PHS
SFHS
ACHS
The opening day lineup for Allen Central against Shelby Valley will be interesting because Nick Music, Justin Jacobs, and Brock Kidd will be in California for their senior trip, and I heard Alex Hammonds and Josh Prater will be absent as well due to some vacation time. Coach Johnson has some thinking to do for his first 3 games. But there are some underclassmen that have looked impressive during practice this past week.
I think the Betsy Layne boys are planning to shorten their spring break and return for the opening game. Still not sure how things are going to pan out though. They've only had one day on the field since they finished basketball. Should be an interesting start.
Prestonsburg line up will look something like this (Not in stone):

P - Brenton Hamilton
C - Allen Craynon
1st - Nathaniel Stephens
2nd - Nick McGuire
SS - Bobby Hughes
3rd - Josh Rodebaugh
LF - Seth Setser
CF - Andrew Sheppherd
RF - Michael Stephens

When anyone else pitches, I think Hamilton will be behind the plate.
[quote author=blackcat link=topic=20704.msg211718#msg211718 date=1142401415]
Prestonsburg line up will look something like this (Not in stone):

P - Brenton Hamilton
C - Allen Craynon
1st - Nathaniel Stephens
2nd - Nick McGuire
3rd - Josh Rodebaugh
LF - Seth Setser
CF - Andrew Sheppherd
RF - Michael Stephens

When anyone else pitches, I think Hamilton will be behind the plate.
[/quote]

You forget SS  That will be mike stephens and RF should be bobby hughes.
Hughes will start SS, he started there last year and Coach S. would be crazy not to start him there this year.  Mike is a good short stop, but doesn't have the game experience that Bobby has.  Maybe rotate Mike in when Bobby is pitching, but IMO Bobby will be at short.
Well IMO I think there shouldnt be a left handed shortstop yeah bobby is good but he can do better in other positions Mike stephens has alot of talent and can do alot of things with his abilities.
You may be right, but at the high school level it doesn't make much of a difference.  That's like saying there shouldn't be right handed first basemen.  Bobby has the best glove on the team, why put him in the outfield where he can't use his abilities?
Bobby has an arm that can get to almost anywhere on the field if you put bobby in right it will be more affective IMO theres more balls hit in the outfield than infield and they need someone to knock it down in the infield which brings mike to Shortstop.
[quote author=blackcat link=topic=20704.msg212272#msg212272 date=1142491504]
You may be right, but at the high school level it doesn't make much of a difference.  That's like saying there shouldn't be right handed first basemen.  Bobby has the best glove on the team, why put him in the outfield where he can't use his abilities?
[/quote]

:lmao:Has the best glove on the team. When i was at the games last year all i seen was error after error another reason they need a new shortstop that can field with no problems and throe with no problems.