Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Shortstops in the 15th Region
Caitlyn Case from Shelby Valley is by far the best shortstop in the 15th region no questions asked :bow:
brittney schaeffer of lchs had 5 errors in 232 innings of play in 2005,a batting avg. of .505,a on base avg. of .786, was struck out only 7 times,scored 43 runs and is being recruited by major and mid-major d1 schools and with that said they only won 12 games.it is a team sport that takes good coaching,hard work and some luck to have a solid team.
[quote author=*Catcher* link=topic=20774.msg209510#msg209510 date=1142153572]
Caitlyn Case from Shelby Valley is by far the best shortstop in the 15th region no questions asked :bow:
[/quote]

Well, she will be --- in 2007. Right now she's not even the best in her own district.

Emily Colvin is by far the best shortstop in the 15th Region. Caitlyn is neck-and-neck with East Ridge's shortstop for second behind Em.
Yes u might be right...But Shelby Valley went to State and Cati didn't choke ne she done a great job and that experience of going to State has made her a much better player
:lmao:  Caitlyn Case has to be one of the worst shortstops in the 15th region. Yeah she can make routine plays but other than that she isn't anything special. I have watched this young lady play for years now and nothing about her impresses me. She can't hit the ball, and has been known to make a couple errors. This is not what I would call the best ss in the 15th region.
[quote author=!That Kid! link=topic=20774.msg210183#msg210183 date=1142218555]
:lmao:   Caitlyn Case has to be one of the worst shortstops in the 15th region. Yeah she can make routine plays but other than that she isn't anything special. I have watched this young lady play for years now and nothing about her impresses me. She can't hit the ball, and has been known to make a couple errors. This is not what I would call the best ss in the 15th region.
[/quote]

Oh Like u have room to talk...have u ever watched Shelby Valley play...hmm prolly not...so u like ditching on players huh??? hmm if u call her a young lady and you have been watching her play for years then change your name...Oh you say she can't bat, hmm I can't count the times that Cati has hit a line drive or bunted to make her team come on top...I take it you wasn't at the Pikeville game when Cati layed down a scarifice bunt and they won the game by one...Cati will do anything it takes to put her team on top...and yes CATI is what I call the best Shortstop in the 15th region :argue:
:lmao:   Caitlyn Case has to be one of the worst shortstops in the 15th region. Yeah she can make routine plays but other than that she isn't anything special. I have watched this young lady play for years now and nothing about her impresses me. She can't hit the ball, and has been known to make a couple errors. This is not what I would call the best ss in the 15th region.
[/quote]

I would be interested in seeing what you would call the best!  Colvin (Pikeville), Russell (Paintsville), Case (SV), Baldridge (ER), the young lady at Johnson Central are all tough.  As for the best, that remains to be seen.  The 2006 season is around the corner, so come out and watch these ladies battle it out on the field before you make your final decision.
Greg Napier is one of the luckiest coaches in the !5th Region. He has Caitlyn Case as his short stop. No ball can get pass this girl.
Michaela Howard from Magofin couny win this one in a long shot IMO
colvin of pikeville is the one on the top of my list with a lot of talent behind her pushing her to keep the number one spot.
[quote author=Maui Nick link=topic=20774.msg210078#msg210078 date=1142213281]
[quote author=*Catcher* link=topic=20774.msg209510#msg209510 date=1142153572]
[/quote]

Well, she will be --- in 2007. Right now she's not even the best in her own district.

Emily Colvin is by far the best shortstop in the 15th Region. Caitlyn is neck-and-neck with East Ridge's shortstop for second behind Em.
[/quote]

To compare the ER shortstop wtih SV short stop is the funniest thing I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:
[/quote]

I why she has been asked by numberous travel teams in Northern Ky to come play with them.  They begged her as a freshman to come.  She plays he came like a boy!  I would have to say her and colvin are the best!
:lmao: Its so funny thay u'd compare Caitlyn Case to Jami Baldridge.....Jami is not the best shortstop in the region, Caitlyn Case is by far.....she has played multiple years and dominated a team completely full if males when she was younger.....She is BY FAR the best shortstop in the 15th Region!!!!! :1:
I have seen Belfry practice a few times and they have two young girls at SS that are great. One of the girls is an 8th grader I think name Brittany Branham and the other is a freshman name Kourtni Hatfiield these two girls will be one of the top SS in the 15th region this year. :thumpsup:
You all are crazy.. Yes Cati Case can make routine plays but really she is nothing special at all. Just because somebody lays out on a ball that you could get on your feet, doesnt make you a great player.. She needs to move her feet and get over there--then maybe we'll talk about her being the best but that will never happen

Emily Colvin is the best short stop in this area. That girl is a true athlete. She always seems to make the plays when it matters. She is an all around great softball player
Rolleyeshalf of the balls caitlyn case dives after are not balls u can get on ur feet.....apparently u never watched her play....she is an all around great softball player and by far the best in the 15th region!!!!!
I've seen some film on the lc ss.has she signed with a college yet?she is most definitely a d1 athlete.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:Michaela Howard from Magofin couny win this one in a long shot IMO
Michaela really impressed me last year as a sophmore!! She hits a ton and has great range at SS!! I remember one play last year against Paintsville, A Lady Tiger crushed a one hopper to the hole between SS and 3rd!! Michaela didnt even have time to get her glove up, but laid out and bare handed the ball, sprang to her feet and gunned he girl at first!!! Not a slow runner either!!
Most girls even geiiting knicked by this ball woulda cried like babies!!! She acted as if it was nothing but routine!!
Britt Schaffer Lawrence Co, Go Britt!!!!
I watched the lc team practice.the shortstop is all that is advertised and more.she has such quickness and anticipation,a cannon for throwing.batting she crushes the ball,inside,outside it did not matter.they said she was being recruited by marshall and eku which are both major d1 programs.
Schafer is taking looks at EKU Marshall and Transy but has not signed yet
rumor has it that shaffer will sign with ovc powerhouse eku on april 12th.
*Catcher* Wrote:Caitlyn Case from Shelby Valley is by far the best shortstop in the 15th region no questions asked :bow:
chelsey slayers jchs
dawgbyte02 Wrote:rumor has it that shaffer will sign with ovc powerhouse eku on april 12th.
this says a lot about this thread.eku recruits nationwide and is a consistant ovc contender in fastpitch softball.they have one of the best softball programs in the state.anyone that plays for eku has to be serious about fastpitch softball as they have a very demanding regimen that does not tolerate bad grades,selfishness,or not performing to the best of your ability.
Phelps has the best Shortstop yet, [COLOR="Red"]Chasity Wolford last season she almost got a triple play, had a .650 batting average, and was only a 8th grader, and if they had a 1st basemen that would actually catch the ball I believe she would had a total of 6 errors in the season.... yea and i know this hasn't been sent to in for ever but oh well, i had to express my opinion[/COLOR]
SportyGirl Wrote:Phelps has the best Shortstop yet, Chasity Wolford last season she almost got a triple play, had a .650 batting average, and was only a 8th grader, and if they had a 1st basemen that would actually catch the ball I believe she would had a total of 6 errors in the season.... yea and i know this hasn't been sent to in for ever but oh well, i had to express my opinion

First of all, Erika Blankenship led the team in hitting with a .450 average. Chasity does have a very good arm, but it would take a 7 footer at first to keep her down to 6 errors.
I think it is shameful that anyone would get on here and down anyone the way that this thread has put down cati case. think how this girl feels about what you have said. how would you like it if it was you. :dontthink Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are not nice!!!!!!!!!
*Catcher* Wrote:Caitlyn Case from Shelby Valley is by far the best shortstop in the 15th region no questions asked :bow:
if thats the way you feel why start the thread and start the argument
This thread is from last season, Why can't we moved? I think this thread should be closed if its going to down someone, or cause an argument.