Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rick or tubby
[move] rick of course [/move]  [glow=red,2,300]but thats just me i guess [/glow]
I don't know who Rick "Patinno" is but I dont care for either one of them...Pitino only cares for himself, and I think if Tubby could get his recruiting on track he'd be ok...
I agree Rick Pitino is one of the better coaches in the NCAA he is a really good recruiter and he can always seem to come up with a play.. Tubby on the other hand is also a good coach but he is not UK Quality he would do decent at a lower prestige school I would love to see Pitino come back to UK
I dont really understand what you're trying to say or ask with your question up there, but I said no even though I could have said maybe..I think UK would have been better in the 2000 area around there, but would be in this position now no matter what with the way recruiting is today and what not...I just like Tubby better so I said "no"
[quote author=Homer Simpson link=topic=20895.msg211412#msg211412 date=1142382178]
I would love to see Pitino come back to UK
[/quote]

I cant believe people want to see him back at UK after he abandoned the program like it was nothing to him...and btw, he's never coming back...
I understand the question better now, and I stick with "no", and must say what a pointless "fantasy" thread...It's not happening
I'd take Pitino back in a hearbeat over Tubby ball....
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=20895.msg211419#msg211419 date=1142382329]
[quote author=Homer Simpson link=topic=20895.msg211412#msg211412 date=1142382178]
I would love to see Pitino come back to UK
[/quote]

I cant believe people want to see him back at UK after he abandoned the program like it was nothing to him...and btw, he's never coming back...
[/quote]

Most would have done the same for the money that he was offered.  I will take Rick any day, but agree that he will never be back as the UK coach. 

Rolleyes
Rick Pitino
Rick with more talented team
Its so funny how this thread comes up after ricky p had a more talented team this year and he is a one seed in the NIT. Give me coach smith. 
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20895.msg211698#msg211698 date=1142399060]
Its so funny how this thread comes up after ricky p had a more talented team this year and he is a one seed in the NIT. Give me coach smith. 
[/quote]

Heh......huge difference in playing in the Big East and the SEC.  Kentucky would be an NIT team if they had played in the Big East.  They were probably no more than one or two games away from not making the NCAA's playing in a relatively weak SEC.

[move] Give me Pitino ball over Tubby ball anyday!![/move]
I'd pick Tubby any day over Rick...
Tubby
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20895.msg211841#msg211841 date=1142443344]
[/quote]

Heh......huge difference in playing in the Big East and the SEC.  Kentucky would be an NIT team if they had played in the Big East.  They were probably no more than one or two games away from not making the NCAA's playing in a relatively weak SEC.

[/quote]

Heh. Big difference in coaches walking the sidelines if you ask me. I guess you forgot that we SPANKED your beloved pitino earlier in the season.

[move]Give me tubbys wins over ricks losses![/move]
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20895.msg212103#msg212103 date=1142474627]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Heh. Big difference in coaches walking the sidelines if you ask me. I guess you forgot that we SPANKED your beloved pitino earlier in the season.

[/quote]

No doubt im for kentucky all the way but if you put rick on Kentucky and tubby at louisville. Louisville wouldnt stand a chance. patino is to good of a play maker.
[quote author=CLEAN-UP HITTER link=topic=20895.msg212254#msg212254 date=1142486123]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No doubt im for kentucky all the way but if you put rick on Kentucky and tubby at louisville. Louisville wouldnt stand a chance. patino is to good of a play maker.
[/quote]

Sorry pal but thats just not a true statement. Pitino needs ALL STARS to make a good team. Tubby Smith at Louisville, and Louisville is in the tournament this year. Thats just the way it is.
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20895.msg212258#msg212258 date=1142486931]
[quote author=CLEAN-UP HITTER link=topic=20895.msg212254#msg212254 date=1142486123]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry pal but thats just not a true statement. Pitino needs ALL STARS to make a good team. Tubby Smith at Louisville, and Louisville is in the tournament this year. Thats just the way it is.
[/quote]

I disagree with that and it would be very hard to prove.  Tubby would be worse at Louisville. 
:1:
I think Pitino was alot better of a coach but I just like Tubby alot better attitude wise....I have met him before and he is really nice. He has carrie our team a long way in the past couple of years and i think  he will keep that up for years to come. But my pick is Tubby...we may even make it to the Final 4...who knows?
I have read some of the post on this subject and I think it's like comparing cars.  Tubby would be that economy size and Rick is the top of the line Hummer.They will both work and do a good job,but who would want to be a Corolla? The real matter is Tubby can't recruit as well as Rick with those super star players!! If you were a top player coming out of highschool who would you want to play for Tubby or Rick? I would choose Rick because, I think he can help those players who are talented enough to go PRO!!!    :thumpsup:
My opinion personally I take Tubby any day of the week. Pitino showed he was a great coach this year huh. Yeah right. I don't care what league they are in. They just didn't get it done this year.  Kentucky may have barely gotten in the tourny, but they did get in a Louisville didn't.
It's not all about this year and where everybody is playing. It is about recruiting to replace those seniors that will be leaving year after year.It is also about motivation,leadership,and making players realize and see the big picture!! There is no I in team it takes everybody working together as one. IMO Tubby is a mediocore coach that seems to struggle keeping his players focused on their task at hand.Rick also has his moments and struggles at times, but always seems to keep his team focused and gets them to buy into It's us against the world mentality!! I just think Rick made alot of people mad when he left UK and they will not let it go!!!    :thumpsup: