Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
high school sports
this is a big issue in some regions,and what about the academic teams should a 7th grader be on a high school academic team.how 'bout some feedback.
I believe that only if there is a spot open on the team should a 7th or 8th grader get to play. Do not knock the highschoolers out of the chance. Sure some of them may be better, but it is not always about winning.
LWar.Fan Wrote:I believe that only if there is a spot open on the team should a 7th or 8th grader get to play. Do not knock the highschoolers out of the chance. Sure some of them may be better, but it is not always about winning.

tru dat!
I agree a Highschool student should not be booted for a 7th grader,but on the flip side the 7th grader should get a chance to play also!!! Does this 7th grader test better and were they quicker on the buzzers?
LWar.Fan Wrote:I believe that only if there is a spot open on the team should a 7th or 8th grader get to play. Do not knock the highschoolers out of the chance. Sure some of them may be better, but it is not always about winning.
i agree!!
cardsfan Wrote:I agree a Highschool student should not be booted for a 7th grader,but on the flip side the 7th grader should get a chance to play also!!! Does this 7th grader test better and were they quicker on the buzzers?

If eastern Kentucky would adopt western Kentucky's mentality, schools would offer middle school softball in the fall and varsity softball in the spring. Coaches would have high school girls with the fundamentals of the game entering high school, and the middle-schoolers could participate in track or volleyball in the spring. Keep them active, and they are more likely to succeed at all aspects of life. Also, unless the program is strapped for money or the young lady is not a "young lady", I don't understand why any coach would cut one who wants to play. I know a coach in the 15th who "keeps them all" as long as they have a love and respect for the game of softball and for those who play it.
eagerbeaver Wrote:If eastern Kentucky would adopt western Kentucky's mentality, schools would offer middle school softball in the fall and varsity softball in the spring. Coaches would have high school girls with the fundamentals of the game entering high school, and the middle-schoolers could participate in track or volleyball in the spring. Keep them active, and they are more likely to succeed at all aspects of life. Also, unless the program is strapped for money or the young lady is not a "young lady", I don't understand why any coach would cut one who wants to play. I know a coach in the 15th who "keeps them all" as long as they have a love and respect for the game of softball and for those who play it.
wku and club k have a lot to do with the sucessful softball programs in western ky.they offer numerous skills clinics for players and coaches year round.the problem in eastern ky is girls sports do not get nearly enough attention.more needs to be done in the middle school years as these are crucial developmental years both mentally and physically for boys and girls.community involvement with good strong league or rec programs also are a major factor in developing athletes who also get life lessons in these programs that helps develop young people into productive citizens later in life.I feel whatever the sport if the individual is making good grades they should be on the team and it will benifit everyone at somepoint.