Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. vs. Elizabethtown (State Tournament)
Your thoughts, I will make my prediction later.
i have no clue about E-town but hopefully Magoffin wins lol.
[quote author=Super_de link=topic=20923.msg212027#msg212027 date=1142466249]
i have no clue about E-town but hopefully Magoffin wins lol.
[/quote]

same here....good luck magoffin!
Good Luck LADY HORNETS. I hope everyone has a safe trip to Bowling Green and back home. Ladys this is something that Magoffin will never forget and just think you made it possible. :party:
:party:    STATE BOUND BABY!! What did i tell you?

E-town is tough but i think we can take them.. im gonna say LADY HORNETS by 5 or 6
g/l girls I think they will pull off the first game at least MC by 5+
I will pick MC by 10 pts.    :thumpsup:
:lmao:  Ashley jade , Calloray, Michaela, Brittney, and Megan will lead Magoffin to hopefully a state championship. But there will be some problems on the way like Lexington Catholic and Iroquios :1:
:pirateshoot:              :flame:
should be a close one but magoffin coming in with alot of momentum which will help them alot........magoffin by 5
Magoffin County 73
E-town  66
[quote author=sportsfan link=topic=20923.msg212064#msg212064 date=1142471144]
Good Luck LADY HORNETS. I hope everyone has a safe trip to Bowling Green and back home. Ladys this is something that Magoffin will never forget and just think you made it possible. :party:
[/quote]

good post..........sportsfan :clap:
Hopefully the Lady Honets will go down to Bowling Green, confident and show alot of class. Also I think it helps them above the rest of the field playing in a venue like the Expo Center which is more like Diddle than a high school gym. Now about the game, I looked at E-town's schedule, they average 58 ppg and they give up 47 ppg, to the Lady Hornets 73 ppg while giving up 58 ppg. If the Lady Hornets can play their game, I think they can win.
[quote author=MCfan link=topic=20923.msg212506#msg212506 date=1142546095]
Hopefully the Lady Honets will go down to Bowling Green, confident and show alot of class. Also I think it helps them above the rest of the field playing in a venue like the Expo Center which is more like Diddle than a high school gym. Now about the game, I looked at E-town's schedule, they average 58 ppg and they give up 47 ppg, to the Lady Hornets 73 ppg while giving up 58 ppg. If the Lady Hornets can play their game, I think they can win.
[/quote]

good post looks like you did some homework!
This is how the 2 teams match up on paper according to state rankings:

Magoffin vs. E-Town
March 22, 2006
Opening Round of State
Statewide Comparison

Team Stats:

Scoring Margin:
Magoffin Co. – 14.0 points per game (26th best in the state)
E-Town – 12.3 points per game (29th best in the state)

Average Points per game:
Magoffin Co. – 72.8 (3rd best in the state)
E-Town – 59.0 No state ranking

Field Goal Percentage:
Magoffin Co. – 0.44% (29th best in the state)
E-Town – 0.47% (10th best in the state)

Three Point Field Goal Percentage:
Magoffin Co. – 0.38% (6th best in the state)
E-Town – 0.35% (10th best in the state)

Individual Stats:

Scoring Leaders:
Magoffin Co. – Ashley Jade Howard – 19.7 points per game (26th best in the state)
E-Town – None listed in top 30

Free Throw Percentage:
Magoffin Co. – Brittany Manns – 0.766% (21st best in the state)

Magoffin Co. – Brittany Manns – 2.1 per game (30th best in the state)

Rebounding:
Magoffin Co. – Calloray Howard – 11.2 (21st best in the state)
E-Town - None listed in top 30

[quote author=Hoopla link=topic=20923.msg212756#msg212756 date=1142602188]

Magoffin vs. E-Town
March 22, 2006
Opening Round of State
Statewide Comparison

Team Stats:

Scoring Margin:

Average Points per game:

Field Goal Percentage:

Individual Stats:

Scoring Leaders:
Magoffin Co. – Ashley Jade Howard – 19.7 points per game (26th best in the state)

Free Throw Percentage:

Rebounding:

[/quote]

lookin at in on paper mag. has it...but it is tourny time n e thing can happen...i beleave it will be close i dont think every one should hope this and that but have confidence i know we lack state experiance but keep in mind WE HAVE SOMETHING TO PROVE NOT ONLY FOR OURSELVES, NOT ONLY FOR THE 57TH DISTRICT BUT ALSO FOR THE ENTIRE 15TH REGION
:party:  I'm goin to say,
MC-81
E-town-74
MAGOFFIN BY 5. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.  :party:

Magoffin vs. E-Town
March 22, 2006
Opening Round of State
Statewide Comparison

Team Stats:

Scoring Margin:

Average Points per game:

Field Goal Percentage:

Individual Stats:

Scoring Leaders:

Free Throw Percentage:

Rebounding:

[/quote]

Wrong piece of paper.

E'town has played the ninth-toughest schedule in the state and still had the fifth-best rated defense in the Massey Ratings, is in the top 10 in all the power rankings and beat a higher-rated team --- Central Hardin --- to win the Fifth Region. Their center is the only senior and will probably be going D1 as a college freshman. Hard row to hoe for the girls from the 15th.

E'town 55
MCHS 40
[quote author=wamiller25 link=topic=20923.msg212785#msg212785 date=1142605784]

Magoffin vs. E-Town
March 22, 2006
Opening Round of State
Statewide Comparison

Team Stats:

Scoring Margin:

Average Points per game:

Field Goal Percentage:

Individual Stats:

Scoring Leaders:

Free Throw Percentage:

Rebounding:

[/quote]

lookin at in on paper mag. has it...but it is tourny time n e thing can happen...i beleave it will be close i dont think every one should hope this and that but have confidence i know we lack state experiance but keep in mind WE HAVE SOMETHING TO PROVE NOT ONLY FOR OURSELVES, NOT ONLY FOR THE 57TH DISTRICT BUT ALSO FOR THE ENTIRE 15TH REGION

[/quote]

Good post!!!
Good luck MC. The 15th is behind you all the way. :1:
I don't know who claims E-town played the 9th toughest schedule.  E-town only beat 3 good teams.  They beat Central Hardin twice by 4 and 3 points.  they also beat Nelson Co by 3.  E-town lost to some good teams also.  They lost to Henry Clay by 1, Cenral Hardin by 8 and 3, Mercy by 6, Lex Christian by 6, and got blasted by Lex Cath by 43.

Magoffin played some very good competition at the 5th/3rd and at the Allen Co/Scottsville tournament.  MC will be ready.  They have a very good chance of winning a couple of games.

Good luck MC, come back with a couple of wins.
I have faith in our team & I know our girls will do great down in Bowling Green! G/l lady hornets n i kno we'll raise heck at Diddle! :party: IMO, we'll come away w/the victory against E-town.

MC - 73
E-Town - 65
[quote author=sportwhiz link=topic=20923.msg213500#msg213500 date=1142718317]
I don't know who claims E-town played the 9th toughest schedule.
[/quote]

masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsgb&sub=KY
Quote:

Wrong piece of paper.

E'town has played the ninth-toughest schedule in the state and still had the fifth-best rated defense in the Massey Ratings, is in the top 10 in all the power rankings and beat a higher-rated team --- Central Hardin --- to win the Fifth Region. Their center is the only senior and will probably be going D1 as a college freshman. Hard row to hoe for the girls from the 15th.

E'town 55
MCHS 40
Quote:

Your statment is according to the Massey ratings. My information was obtained through KHSAA the official website of all of high school sports. You may want to read the post more carefully before you start blasting it and bringing other information into it. Nothing wrong with posting what Massey has, but my information wasn't obtained through that site. Sorry.
Iknow ill be at the gameand I cant ait to see the girls play I really think that we will beat them by at least double digits
[quote author=Hoopla link=topic=20923.msg214328#msg214328 date=1142874495][/quote]

Your statment is according to the Massey ratings. My information was obtained through KHSAA the official website of all of high school sports. You may want to read the post more carefully before you start blasting it and bringing other information into it. Nothing wrong with posting what Massey has, but my information wasn't obtained through that site. Sorry.
Quote:

Power ratings provide more perspective than straight stats because they take into account the quality of a team's opponents. For that reason, it means a little more. E'town has played a much better schedule, night in and night out, than Magoffin County simply because Magoffin County is in the 15th Region.

And I tend to think that the KHSAA website is not the official web site of all high school sports. People in Texas may also disagree with you.
[quote author=Maui Nick link=topic=20923.msg214391#msg214391 date=1142886863]
[quote author=Hoopla link=topic=20923.msg214328#msg214328 date=1142874495][/quote]

Quote:

Power ratings provide more perspective than straight stats because they take into account the quality of a team's opponents. For that reason, it means a little more. E'town has played a much better schedule, night in and night out, than Magoffin County simply because Magoffin County is in the 15th Region.

And I tend to think that the KHSAA website is not the official web site of all high school sports. People in Texas may also disagree with you.
[/quote]what does texas have anything to do with it and you said  2 different things that the khsaa is the official web site then at the end you said it wasnt which is it ??
[quote author=Maui Nick link=topic=20923.msg214391#msg214391 date=1142886863]

Quote:

[/quote]

Guess what Dorthy, we aint in texas... So I guess i'll stick with the KHSAA, for kentucky basketball anyway.
[quote author=Hoopla link=topic=20923.msg214328#msg214328 date=1142874495]
Quote:

Wrong piece of paper.

E'town 55
MCHS 40
Quote:

[/quote]

what's wrong with bringing all cards to the table???  khsaa has  all the stats.. massey has some rankings.. now its cool to root for your team and all, but when it comes play time, what do you go by??  the fact that someone played more weak opponents and has racked up a good set of stats.. or that a team hasnt' hit top 30 stat records playing against much tougher teams...

Brad Lowe was the 3rd leading scorer in the state for boys according to sites like khsaa.. but do you think that because the stats said he was the third best scorer that he was the 3rd best player in the state??
I don't  know much about E'Town and the 5 region but i do know that MC has some of the best talent in the state with Caloray, Ashley, Brittany, & Michaela.