Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th heat
Who are the top 3 pitchers in the 14th region.
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Jenkins
Kayla Stambaugh

Estill County
Michaela Gross
Rachael Robinson

Estill also has 8 8th Graders that are now Freshmen that went 56-10 during there middle school careers, not sure how many of them are pitchers tho.

I know one player that isn't playing softball this year. Not sure why, I'm assuming injuries

Perry County Central
Whitney Back

Powell County
Nikki Wells
Ashleigh Bolduc
Allison Trent
Allison Watson

Letcher County Central
Megan Miller
Is the young girl at estill a lefty. The freshman at Jenkins that pitches seems To
Throw as hard as the stambaugh girl with more stuff.
I don't think so. I know we have a lefty on the team but I think she's an outfielder
Stike I think estill has a home gome today so you need to get up there and watch both games and report back.
They do have a home game today against Fleming County. They have a home game Wednesday against Dunbar, a game Thursday against an Ohio Team at Clark County then they have the Bluegrass Showcase at Lex Cath this weekend where they will play 4 teams (Mercer County, Bryan Station, Lexington Catholic and a Team TBA)
Stambaugh throws the heat & has the stuff!!!She will more than likely get the 14th region player of the year again.
stambaugh is a good player . She might pull it out coach charles has a couple of girls that run , throw , and hit asgood as her I dont know what the stats show . It will be fun to see how it plays out the rest of the year. Cant wait.
Dang Pop more than likely???? I think it's a little early to say that. There are several girls out there that has the talent... Back kid is an athlete.. Honchel from estill nice player... Boggs kid .... (hey Strike megan miller? I didn't see that name on the roster??? I think she use to be in Powell and moved to letcher?? is that right? Is she playing this year? I know she played last year) Jenkins has several ladies that has some very nice talent... Powell has a couple of girls... to me it's actually ride open.. I'm like Fast it will be fun to watch and see which lady will continue to work hard through out the season...
Megan Miller is at Letcher. You might have been thinking of Megan Boswell or Miranda Miller at Powell County, I checked the Roster back to 2008 and didn't see a Megan Miller but that doesn't mean that she wasn't on there, coach may not have had her listed
Yea megan was on the roster for 2011 and 2010 (fr. and so) that's what it says on khsaa ... Yea Megan lived in Powell and moved to Letcher.. Her step dad is a state trooper and he use to coach. Not sure if she is playing???
Megan was at Powell, don't think she played Softball tho but the past 2 Years she's been at Letcher. I'm friends with her on Facebook and it says nothing about softball so I'm not sure on that
Megan played the past two years at LCC. She is a junior this year and is not playing softball. LCC's pitcher last year was an 8th grader named Makaley Johnson and was the winning pitcher in the regional championship game. She will be their #1 pitcher again this year as a Freshman.
There is a lefty pitcher at Estill this year. She's a freshman so not much high school experience but plays quite a bit in the summer so that will help her case. Not sure how much pitching time she'll get b/c of seniority (which I think is a horrible reason not to play someone, but that discussion is for a different day) but we'll just have to see.
^ That's the reason I didn't know if there was a lefty on the team or not. I haven't been able to see the team yet but will. I know couple freshmen on the team that played basketball. Estill has 2 SR's, 7 JR's, 2 SO's, 9 FR. I'm sure the Freshmen and younger kids will get to play some Varsity this year, More than likely against Lee County, Wolfe County, Owsley County maybe some other games depending on if it's a blowout win or blowout loss
But Strike my point is playing time doesn't come from what year you are in school it comes from what you do in practice and on the field. If your a senior and you can't play and a girl a 7th grader can out play you than senior sits and 7th grader plays ... sorry simple as that ... I'm talking about all teams .... no coach should give treatment just because what grade your in or who mom and dad is .. but I guess it's not a perfect world... lol
Again, posts about Estill that aren't true. 1: Rachel Robinson hasn't pitches a game since her freshman year. 2: Jenna, the freshman pitcher, IS a lefty.
And by the way, outsidein, Have you ever thought that maybe the freshman pitcher doesn't play because....get this....MAYBETHE OLDER ONE IS BETTER.
Hey softballer are you talking to me outsidein or outsider 02... not sure .... is she better?? who better??? the two pitchers??? I don't know which one is better and don't really care. from what I have typed above I do not see where I typed anything about these two pitchers one better then the other....So are you saying one is better than the other softballer...
Excuse me, outsidein. I was talking to outsider 02.
no problem softballer.
Jenkins Softball Has one of the best teams around. They have great pitching form Kayla Stambaugh and Caitlynn Estevez. Jenkins catcher is going to go somewhere big one day, she has a great throw down and i think a lot of colleges would love to have her. Jenkins is just good all the way around. GREAT TEAM
Both pitchers at Jenkins throw strikes and seem to be as good as any other 2 in the 14/15 but the team is still struggling in a lot if there games haven't seen enough to no why . Maybe you can explain to me softball if you have seen them
I havn't seen the pitchers for Jenkins since last year or the catchers but the catcher is very sound. If there going to get looks they need to play showcase tournaments during the summer. Not many Colleges will see trhem during high school games because of there games are going on at the same time. Showcase tournaments are the best because they see alot of girls in one place and at one time.
Jenkins is a very young team with only 2 Seniors and starting 2 8th graders.
Leslie County's Pitcher Kendra Barger, Lead Leslie to many victory's, she's got 2 district championships, one being her freshmen year.
Lee County has a bunch of new pitchers. Underclassman, so I'm sure it'll still be Cheyenne Moore up. She has the most experience.