Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball Soars to No. 2 in Nation
Wildcats Receive Highest Ranking Since 2008 School-Record 44-win Season

[Image: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/kty/...87998.jpeg]
Trevor Gott leads the team with five saves, leading the SEC in finishing all 10 games he has pitched.

March 19, 2012

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Riding the third-longest winning streak in the storied history of the Southeastern Conference, Kentucky has soared to No. 2 in the nation in the latest weekly poll released by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper, with UK climbing from No. 16 last week, it was announced on Monday afternoon.

Kentucky (21-0, 3-0 SEC) is ranked No. 2 in the NCAA, just behind unanimous No. 1 Florida. UK’s ranking is the highest for the Wildcats since a No. 2 ranking in Collegiate Baseball on March 17, 2008, fresh after the Wildcats swept Alabama to open conference play.

UK’s 21-game winning streak to open the season ranks third in SEC history, behind the 23-game winning streak by the 2010 NCAA Champions LSU Tigers and a 22-game streak by the 2000 South Carolina Gamecocks. The streak ranks as a school record, eclipsing the 19-0 star in 2007 and 2008.

The Wildcats swept the two-time defending NCAA Champion South Carolina Gamecocks on SEC opening weekend to extend the record and emerge as the early story of college baseball. In polls released on Monday, UK has moved to No. 16 by Baseball America and No. 6 in the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll. In addition, UK freshman two-way star A.J. Reed was named the SEC Freshman of the Week and the SEbaseball.com National Player of the Week.

The Wildcats return to action on Wednesday, traveling to face Cincinnati at Marge Schott Stadium at 4 p.m. ET.

Collegiate Baseball Poll
1. Florida
2. Kentucky
3. Stanford
4. Arkansas
5. Florida St.
6. South Carolina
7. North Carolina
8. LSU
9. Miami, Fla.
10. Rice
11. N.C. State
12. Cal. St. Fullerton
13. Texas A&M
14. Arizona
15. Stetson
16. UCLA
17. Oregon
18. Arizona St.
19. TCU
20. Georgia Tech.
21. Texas
22. Louisville
23. Georgia
24. Purdue
25. Oregon St.
26. Ole Miss
27. Baylor
28. UCF
29. Appalachian St.
30. Texas St.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Hell Yea. Keep it up Bat Cats!!
:biggrin:
Two number 1 teams in the same town!!!!!!!!!! Same time!!!!!!!!!! Major Sports!!!!!!!!! Surely not!!!!!!!!!!
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Two number 1 teams in the same town!!!!!!!!!! Same time!!!!!!!!!! Major Sports!!!!!!!!! Surely not!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! It's definitely good to be a UK sports fan right now! Men's Basketball ranked #1 and in the Sweet 16, Women's Basketball ranked #11 and in the Sweet 16, Baseball ranked #2 after sweeping the former #2 team in the country!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^UK Softball isn't to shabby either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Now only if we could get rid of jokers ass along with all of the players, coaches, and administrators of the football team, maybe they will be ranked as well! lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now only if we could get rid of jokers ass along with all of the players, coaches, and administrators of the football team, maybe they will be ranked as well! lol

Because Kentucky football was always ranked before Joker came along.
^
lol, leave it up to Rich Phillips Jr to quote me.
Ive had way to many arguments with you so its useless trying to explain anything to you anymore. Keep watching your football cats go 3-9 and let me know when you get sick of it so we can have a valid conversation.

As for the cats, the series between Florida and Arkansas will really test our strength.
My dorm is like 200 feet from their baseball stadium Smile
Crazy Horse Wrote:My dorm is like 200 feet from their baseball stadium Smile
Then you should be at every home game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
lol, leave it up to Rich Phillips Jr to quote me.
Ive had way to many arguments with you so its useless trying to explain anything to you anymore. Keep watching your football cats go 3-9 and let me know when you get sick of it so we can have a valid conversation.

As for the cats, the series between Florida and Arkansas will really test our strength.

Dude shit Aint gonna change Ive accepted that the sooner you do the better off things will be. UK dont care about football. Quit trying to make everything about firing Joker Phillips, We are stuck for at least one more year. Probably two. No matter what you say a Damn thing aint gonna change, and If we fire joker they will hire a even more terrible coach to replace him. Its gonna stay the way it always has been. Bro the definintion of insanity Is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Our football program is clearly insane, and will not be fixed. As to what I said it was the Gods honest truth and you know it.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Then you should be at every home game.

Every day would be a tailgate day!!!!

Heck if I had a porch that close. I'd be in my deck chair, Beer in one hand, in my underwear and lovin life...LOL!

:happytear:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Every day would be a tailgate day!!!!

Heck if I had a porch that close. I'd be in my deck chair, Beer in one hand, in my underwear and lovin life...LOL!

:happytear:

Ice tub full of corona. good times for baseball.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Dude shit Aint gonna change Ive accepted that the sooner you do the better off things will be. UK dont care about football. Quit trying to make everything about firing Joker Phillips, We are stuck for at least one more year. Probably two. No matter what you say a Damn thing aint gonna change, and If we fire joker they will hire a even more terrible coach to replace him. Its gonna stay the way it always has been. Bro the definintion of insanity Is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Our football program is clearly insane, and will not be fixed. As to what I said it was the Gods honest truth and you know it.

lol, what do you not understand?

THATS WHAT IM SAYING, SHIT DOES NEED TO CHANGE.
Once again, you say the same ole thing. I know what you are saying, it is true, what im fighting for is change, and not the Barrack Obama kind.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Because Kentucky football was always ranked before Joker came along.

Not always. But i can bet we wont be as long as hes coach.
How did this turn this into football talk
CardinalAlum Wrote:How did this turn this into football talk

Because RIUTG has to try and turn every thread on this site into a joker hate thread.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, what do you not understand?

THATS WHAT IM SAYING, SHIT DOES NEED TO CHANGE.
Once again, you say the same ole thing. I know what you are saying, it is true, what im fighting for is change, and not the Barrack Obama kind.

If what I say is true then why do you say I dont know what Im talking about every time we do this? You can fight all you want but nothing will change the best you can hope for is joker doing good, because if he doesnt we will hire an even bigger jackass to replace him.