•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trayvon Martin Death
My point was...clarification.

You the thread police??
Crossbones Wrote:The key word, you already put in bold.."If".. Zimmerman had every right to follow Martin and ask what he was doing as I would have every right to follow you and ask what your doing in front of my home in the middle of the night. Congrats on having your CCW permit like millions of other people. As far a the dope in the boys system, it is illegal..go figure.

Sorry to confuse you Granny Bear but this is the more appropriate quote that I should have responded to.
I understand that now ONB. Sorry if I added to the confusion.
RV is so threatened by anyone who disagrees with him! There's no conversation or discussion with him. You either totally agree with his viewpoint or he starts his posturing and arrogance and demanding explanations as to why I have posted this or that! Anyway, I think I'm finished with this thread.
You guys have a great weekend.
nky Wrote:so following someone is a justification to attack them?

According to "Stand your ground" yes it is if you feel threatened.
Granny Bear Wrote:I understand that now ONB. Sorry if I added to the confusion.
RV is so threatened by anyone who disagrees with him! There's no conversation or discussion with him. You either totally agree with his viewpoint or he starts his posturing and arrogance and demanding explanations as to why I have posted this or that! Anyway, I think I'm finished with this thread.

Me too. It's almost time for happy hour.
Granny Bear Wrote:I understand that now ONB. Sorry if I added to the confusion.
If you were reading the thread, you would know that I was only asking Crossbones if he was impersonating an officer, because he alluded that he was. No, I don't feel threatened by anyone who disagrees with me. That's the republican way of thinking. They think anybody that disagrees with them have to be "idiots" and "morons". You just go with what party lines tell you to go. Conservatives are for Zimmerman irregardless of him killing a kid after following him after being told not to, confronting him, then shooting him after the kid was defending himself against him. You only follow the republican stance, regardless of the truth, whatever it may be. I'm with the poster earlier in the thread that stated that conservatives would love nothing more than to see Zimmerman set free, just because of the media, and the "Al Sharptons".
TheRealVille Wrote:He was walking in a gated community he was perfectly legal in walking in. He was staying with his father at his fathers girlfriend's house in the community. Him staying with her, and her living there, made it legal.

The second bold is an idiotic statement. Zimmerman was stalking him, and confronted him. Treyvon had every right to protect himself from Zimmerman. Again, he was he was legally allowed to be.
This is an idiotic statement. Most people would have learned their lesson after making a number of assumptions and stating them as fact, only to have evidence emerge that proved him wrong. There is no proof that Zimmerman was "stalking" him and no proof that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

We have the right of free speech in this country and for all we know - and we really no nothing about this part of what transpired that night - Zimmerman left his vehicle to ask Martin what he was doing and Martin attacked him.

Either scenario (the one that I outlined as a hypothetical and the one that you stated as a matter of fact) are plausible but there is no conclusive evidence to support either.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is an idiotic statement. Most people would have learned their lesson after making a number of assumptions and stating them as fact, only to have evidence emerge that proved him wrong. There is no proof that Zimmerman was "stalking" him and no proof that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

We have the right of free speech in this country and for all we know - and we really no nothing about this part of what transpired that night - Zimmerman left his vehicle to ask Martin what he was doing and Martin attacked him.

Either scenario (the one that I outlined as a hypothetical and the one that you stated as a matter of fact) are plausible but there is no conclusive evidence to support either.
Yes Hoot, we know some facts from the phone call to 911 from Zimmerman. He thought Martin looked "suspicious"(profiling), got out of his truck and followed him(when told not to), no doubt found him as he was following him(Martin is dead). What we will never know is if, because Zimmerman was following him, Martin decided not to run(used the "stand your ground" law against Zimmerman), then Zimmerman killed him as Martin was defending himself. Yes, Zimmerman's own call to 911 proves he was stalking Martin.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do not believe that Zimmerman was a badge carrying officer. A regular ciitizen(non-police) has every right to ask you anything and you have every right to tell them to go to hell.

You made my point...I said all along that Zimmerman could could ask Martin anything he wanted. Not once did I say that Martin had to comply with Zimmerman. Reguardless of what was said to Martin from Zimmerman, he had no right to beat him as he did and in turn he got shot an killed.
TheRealVille Wrote:Your point is? The point ONB was making was that Zimmerman wasn't a badge carrying cop, like Crossbones. I'm still not sure if Crossbones case of taking someone to jail over not answering his questions if a person was walking on a city street, would stick in court.

If a law enforcement official is questioning you and you don't comply, then yes, it would stick in a court of law. I never once said that Martin had to comply to Zimmerman. I said Zimmerman had a right to follow and question him. Zimmerman was not a law official and Martin did not have to answer any ? and could have very well told him to piss off and that was his right, But once the fight started and Martin had him down beating him, then Zman had every right to defend himself.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yes Hoot, we know some facts from the phone call to 911 from Zimmerman. He thought Martin looked "suspicious"(profiling), got out of his truck and followed him(when told not to), no doubt found him as he was following him(Martin is dead). What we will never know is if, because Zimmerman was following him, Martin decided not to run(used the "stand your ground" law against Zimmerman), then Zimmerman killed him as Martin was defending himself. Yes, Zimmerman's own call to 911 proves he was stalking Martin.
People defending themselves are usually not sitting on top of their attackers chest bruising their own knuckles as they break the attacker's nose and bang his head into the pavement. Neither you nor I will ever know for sure which party escalated what may have begun as a verbal confrontation into a physical one. The difference is that I recognize that I don't know what actually happened. You, on the other hand, pretend that you do.
Crossbones Wrote:You made my point...I said all along that Zimmerman could could ask Martin anything he wanted. Not once did I say that Martin had to comply with Zimmerman. Reguardless of what was said to Martin from Zimmerman, he had no right to beat him as he did and in turn he got shot an killed.
Do you know that Zimmerman didn't start it?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:People defending themselves are usually not sitting on top of their attackers chest bruising their own knuckles as they break the attacker's nose and bang his head into the pavement. Neither you nor I will ever know for sure which party escalated what may have begun as a verbal confrontation into a physical one. The difference is that I recognize that I don't know what actually happened. You, on the other hand, pretend that you do.
They do if they are able to kick the shit out of the attacker. The attack could have backfired on Zimmerman. Do you think Zimmerman is the only person to start stuff, to only end up get the hell beat out of them?
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you know that Zimmerman didn't start it?

No, I do not know if Zimmerman started the fight or not. I wasn't there, was you? But, no matter who started it, witnesses seen Martin on top of Zimmerman and beating him with Zimmerman yelling for help. At that point, zimmerman had a right to defend himself with deadly force. You yourself earlier in the thread said that you carry a gun and not to stop you. You expressed your right to defend yourself just like Zimmerman.
TheRealVille Wrote:They do if they are able to kick the shit out of the attacker. The attack could have backfired on Zimmerman.
It could have done just that - but you have no way of knowing. The trial will revolve around reasonable doubt and it is very unlikely that Zimmerman will be found guilty of second degree murder and no reason at this point to think that he should be. Yet, you keep stating over and over that Zimmerman stalked Martin and attacked him. You really should review your posts in this thread and learn from your mistakes. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It could have done just that - but you have no way of knowing. The trial will revolve around reasonable doubt and it is very unlikely that Zimmerman will be found guilty of second degree murder and no reason at this point to think that he should be. Yet, you keep stating over and over that Zimmerman stalked Martin and attacked him. You really should review your posts in this thread and learn from your mistakes. Confusednicker:
The police told him not to follow him, that is stalking.
Crossbones Wrote:No, I do not know if Zimmerman started the fight or not. I wasn't there, was you? But, no matter who started it, witnesses seen Martin on top of Zimmerman and beating him with Zimmerman yelling for help. At that point, zimmerman had a right to defend himself with deadly force. You yourself earlier in the thread said that you carry a gun and not to stop you. You expressed your right to defend yourself just like Zimmerman.
Martin didn't have that right? Zimmerman was the one following. Martin was walking to the house he was staying in.
Crossbones Wrote:If a law enforcement official is questioning you and you don't comply, then yes, it would stick in a court of law. I never once said that Martin had to comply to Zimmerman. I said Zimmerman had a right to follow and question him. Zimmerman was not a law official and Martin did not have to answer any ? and could have very well told him to piss off and that was his right, But once the fight started and Martin had him down beating him, then Zman had every right to defend himself.
No he didn't, that is stalking. If he isn't a law official, he had zero right to follow him. He had a right to call the police if he thought he was up to something, that is it.
TheRealVille Wrote:Martin didn't have that right? Zimmerman was the one following. Martin was walking to the house he was staying in.

So, you where there? Tell us all exactly how it went down. In the 911 tape, Martin was coming toward Zimmerman, he even told the 911 operator Martin was coming toward him, Then he said that Martin disappeared, maybe Martin was "stalking" Zimmerman. Yea, thats what happened.
The police told him not to follow him. Here is your proof. The answering points are actual police departments.

Quote:The Seminole County 911 System operates under the State Emergency Number Plan administered by the Florida State Division of Management Services. The State plan establishes the Board of County Commissioners in each County as the responsible fiscal agent. Therefore the responsibility and authority for 911 within a County ultimately rests with these bodies.

The Board of County Commissioners in many counties has designated a knowledgeable individual to act as the 911 coordinator. In Seminole County that position is the E911 Program Manager who administers the 911 system.
The E911 Program Manager is responsible to the Board in ensuring that the County 911 System meets or exceeds the technical and operational standards of the State of Florida E911 Plan.
The Seminole County Emergency Number System includes the following Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs): Lake Mary Police Department, Oviedo Police Department, Seminole County Public Safety, Seminole County Sheriff's Office and Winter Springs Police Department.
http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/dps/e911/index.aspx
Crossbones Wrote:So, you where there? Tell us all exactly how it went down. In the 911 tape, Martin was coming toward Zimmerman, he even told the 911 operator Martin was coming toward him, Then he said that Martin disappeared, maybe Martin was "stalking" Zimmerman. Yea, thats what happened.
Comings towards you as you are in your truck is confronting you? He didn't say he came up to him, just toward him. As to your previous statement about the 911 dispatch not being a police officer, the caller answered "Sanford police dept.".
You keep changing your post...lol... at first you say you didn't hear it on any tapes and now you change your post. How can a person have a debate with a person that crawdeads all the time..lol wasting my time talking to ya
Crossbones Wrote:You keep changing your post...lol... at first you say you didn't hear it on any tapes and now you change your post. How can a person have a debate with a person that crawdeads all the time..lol wasting my time talking to ya
I listened to the call again and heard where he said he was coming toward him, but you will notice in the call that Martin didn't confront him, he went the other way. Then Zimmerman followed after the police told him not to.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogall...von-Martin
If you as a police officer, tell someone not to follow a person, are they breaking the law if they do?
I thought so. Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:I listened to the call again and heard where he said he was coming toward him, but you will notice in the call that Martin didn't confront him, he went the other way. Then Zimmerman followed after the police told him not to.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogall...von-Martin

How do your know Zimmerman followed Martin. You keep saying that he did.. on the tape the 911 operator ask are you following him, Zman says yes, 911 said OK, we don't need you to do that, Zman says OK.. and then the conversation goes to whats your name and where are you and do you want the police to just meet you at mailboxes... nowhere does it say that Zman followed Martin. When she said we don't need you to that was just advice not a lawful order. If it was a lawful order, it would have been said, DO NOT follow him.
TheRealVille Wrote:I thought so. Confusednicker:

:eyeroll: what do you think so about..I have other things to do than to sit an answer you right away.. And, yes, if I give you a order while in uniform an on duty you better comply. She did not give him an order. I don't understand how you can not understand this.
Crossbones Wrote:How do your know Zimmerman followed Martin. You keep saying that he did.. on the tape the 911 operator ask are you following him, Zman says yes, 911 said OK, we don't need you to do that, Zman says OK.. and then the conversation goes to whats your name and where are you and do you want the police to just meet you at mailboxes... nowhere does it say that Zman followed Martin. When she said we don't need you to that was just advice not a lawful order. If it was a lawful order, it would have been said, DO NOT follow him.
You answered your own question. He said he was following him, and when he finds him, Martin ends up dead. Zimmerman even said ok when the police said not to follow, yet he still goes on to find him. 911 was a police officer that said we don't need you to follow him, but it's ok that Zimmerman did anyway? You are no different than the rest, you follow party lines, even as a cop.
Crossbones Wrote::eyeroll: what do you think so about..I have other things to do than to sit an answer you right away.. And, yes, if I give you a order while in uniform an on duty you better comply. She did not give him an order. I don't understand how you can not understand this.
It wasn't a she, it was a he. And he told him not to follow.
TheRealVille Wrote:You answered your own question. He said he was following him, and when he finds him, Martin ends up dead. Zimmerman even said ok when the police said not to follow, yet he still goes on to find him. 911 was a police officer that said we don't need you to follow him, but it's ok that Zimmerman did anyway? You are no different than the rest, you follow party lines, even as a cop.
HaHa..you have no idea who my party line is. You are useless to debate with, you take backwater on your post and change them around and then turn everything into a political fight. Im done with ya.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next