Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.K. Students Gone Wild
Students overturn cars and set fires after win over Louisville. Just a prelude as to what could happen after tonights game with Kansas. Is expulsion out of the question?
Walleye Wrote:Students overturn cars and set fires after win over Louisville. Just a prelude as to what could happen after tonights game with Kansas. Is expulsion out of the question?

Absolutely not. There should be both expulsions and prosecutions. These students need to learn some personal and collective responsibility. College students and those who hang around college campuses are always aware of their perceived "rights". There should be a lot more emphasis on responsibility and being held accountable for one's actions.
It was UL fans dressed in UK clothing guys. Calm down.
Im curious as to how the celebrations after the victory over Kansas compared to the celebrations back in '96 and '98 after those championship victories. I was in Lexington Monday night and never got the sense that the police had lost control or that some kind of mass riot was going to break out. For the most part it was just fans in the streets yelling out CATS chants.
The last championship, the students poured out into the streets on Woodland Ave at Euclid. That year a news van and cop car was turned over in addition to multiple assaults on bystanders and a number of things set on fire. I was down there then and it was crazy...

This year was mild compared to then.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It was UL fans dressed in UK clothing guys. Calm down.

I was at EKU in 96 when UK won it. A lot of EKU students drove to Lexington to celebrate. Then again most EKU students like UK better than EKU.
Westside Wrote:I was at EKU in 96 when UK won it. A lot of EKU students drove to Lexington to celebrate. Then again most EKU students like UK better than EKU.

Then, on Thursday, a lot of UK Students drove to Richmond to drinK.......LOL
The car the students burnt was from a junk yard. Brought the beat down car to State Street just to burn it
laker20 Wrote:Then, on Thursday, a lot of UK Students drove to Richmond to drinK.......LOL

LOL! Very true.
Westside Wrote:I was at EKU in 96 when UK won it. A lot of EKU students drove to Lexington to celebrate. Then again most EKU students like UK better than EKU.
When did you graduate? I was at EKU in 96 also. I remember a lot of people going to Lexington to celebrate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
judgementday Wrote:The last championship, the students poured out into the streets on Woodland Ave at Euclid. That year a news van and cop car was turned over in addition to multiple assaults on bystanders and a number of things set on fire. I was down there then and it was crazy...

This year was mild compared to then.
A guy who lived next to me in the dorms at EKU was a part of that mess. He got caught on camera turning over the news van and had to spend several weekends in jail.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:When did you graduate? I was at EKU in 96 also. I remember a lot of people going to Lexington to celebrate.

December 96.
Westside Wrote:December 96.

Keene Hall 14th floor.
Westside Wrote:Keene Hall 14th floor.
I never had the pleasure of living in Keene Hall. I lived in Commonwealth Hall for a year and Todd Hall for 3. It was a great experience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:I never had the pleasure of living in Keene Hall. I lived in Commonwealth Hall for a year and Todd Hall for 3. It was a great experience.

I started out at Commonwealth 9th floor but after 2 weeks moved to Keene. It was too hard to find parking at Commonwealth and with the design of the building it made noises echo too much. I couldn't sleep lol.
Westside Wrote:I started out at Commonwealth 9th floor but after 2 weeks moved to Keene. It was too hard to find parking at Commonwealth and with the design of the building it made noises echo too much. I couldn't sleep lol.
What year? I think I lived on the 9th floor of Commonweath also, I can't remember exactly. I hated Commonweath.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:What year? I think I lived on the 9th floor of Commonweath also, I can't remember exactly. I hated Commonweath.

Fall of 94
^I moved into Commonwealth Spring of 95.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]