Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lawrence county softball coaches
it is painfully obvious that these new coaches have never seen a fastpitch softball game,let alone coached one.the practices are totally disorganized,with players standing around for 30 or 40 minutes at a time.they have two signals defense get an out,offense get a hit.replacing a long time coach with these characters seems to be just another political hiring by the current administration.I have never seen a team regress so much in such a short time.I have a feeling it is going to be a very long season and what is so bad is that this is a talented team that deserves better.
Real simple its a girls sport in LC and no one seems to care.

Maybe one day it will change.
LC softball... They are a very good softball team and they have done well in the past. The new coach shouldn't make the talent any less so I look for these girls to do very well.
Who are the Coaches this year?
close competitive fastpitch softball invoves a lot of coaching strategy at the championship level.most of these games are decided by 1 run,usually in extra innings.this team has the athletic talent and experience to play at that level.maybe by tournament time these folks will have picked up some pointers and will be able to help their team.
catherine devalle,spanish teacher,asst. basketball coach and randy hale,volleyball coach.hale was some kind of coach in johnson county and there was some kind of problem that caused him to leave there.he does not appear to meet any qualifications required by the khsaa to be a level 1 or level 2 coach in any high school sport but apparently he was hired by the superintendent and did not have to go through the normal process of background checks,proof of college hours etc. and the site base council evidently had no input.devalle meets the khsaa qualifications as a level 1 head coach.
I hope it doesn't hurt the girls who have potential to go to college and play. Would be nice to see girls sports in this county taken seriously and given the attention these girls deserve!
by there 1st game they will be good enuff don't worry about it
our girls really know the game so I would'nt be too worried about the coaching situation. :party:
Funny you two.  FUNNY!
I watched thier first scrimmage and didn't see any confusion on the field.  the girls were ready to play and did just that.  the girls have said that the head coach coached softball in NY before coming to KY.  have to wait and see what happens next week--tough schedule.
you are right,next week there is wayne county wv,johnson central who is favored to win the district,and boyd county who is favored to win the 16th.the batting order they had will not be as productive against good pitching i.e.-the best hitter on the team batting 8th and hits a homerun.if they use the same signals jchs and bchs will call pitchouts and nail the runner on the steal.but thats what scrimmages are for to find your weak spots.
[quote author=dawgbyte01 link=topic=21039.msg214781#msg214781 date=1142937402]
you are right,next week there is wayne county wv,johnson central who is favored to win the district,and boyd county who is favored to win the 16th.the batting order they had will not be as productive against good pitching i.e.-the best hitter on the team batting 8th and hits a homerun.if they use the same signals jchs and bchs will call pitchouts and nail the runner on the steal.but thats what scrimmages are for to find your weak spots.
[/quote]

I agree that these girls really know how to play softball, but some of the plays that I saw last night will be picked up in in future games. Other teams in the 57th district are alot stronger than SCHS.... If the lady DAWS are gonna be a contender then they are gonna have to really be aware of the skill that is in the rest of the 57th. JC is pretty great and Magoffin has some pretty talented girls as well. I'm not saying that any of the teams are solid enough to make any season predictions yet. We never know when a real shocker could come out of the 57th district. I can't wait till the real games start and we really see what these girls can do...all of them from the 57th!
it takes awhile to learn fastpitch softball.while it appears to be like baseball it is very different in quite a few aspects.good baseball coaches struggle in fastpitch.defensive and offensive play are much different than baseball.small ball plays a big role in fastpitch and a good pitcher can carry a team a long way.the batting order is crucial against good pitching in order to allow the best contact hitters and on base percentage players more attempts.good pitching almost always prevails over power hitters in fastpitch
flamethrower Wrote:it takes awhile to learn fastpitch softball.while it appears to be like baseball it is very different in quite a few aspects.good baseball coaches struggle in fastpitch.defensive and offensive play are much different than baseball.small ball plays a big role in fastpitch and a good pitcher can carry a team a long way.the batting order is crucial against good pitching in order to allow the best contact hitters and on base percentage players more attempts.good pitching almost always prevails over power hitters in fastpitch
I sooooooooo agree!!!
They will be ok they may struggle but will be ready by the end of the year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
lc head coach left on weds for the girls state basketball tournament and will not be back until sunday.I understand she has rules about missing practice for the girls but one has to question her dedication to the team.she had a long time coach fired so she could be head coach and according to parents and players she is very seldom at practice.if this is true she is doing a huge disservice to these girls.if she does not have the time or interest in this team she should quit immediately.
yeah i wached that game an lc did great good job woohoo
flamethrower Wrote:lc head coach left on weds for the girls state basketball tournament and will not be back until sunday.I understand she has rules about missing practice for the girls but one has to question her dedication to the team.she had a long time coach fired so she could be head coach and according to parents and players she is very seldom at practice.if this is true she is doing a huge disservice to these girls.if she does not have the time or interest in this team she should quit immediately.
Well....just my opinion on this but, if a person takes the responsiblity of head coach, then when that time comes, they should dedicate themselves to do the best they can...this means personal sacrifice. I agree and understand the frustration on her going to the State tourney and leaving the team hanging, but My daughters softball coach did the same thing except she left on Tue.
can't imagine what they were thinking???? Heck, my daughter missed half a day of school today because of a sore throat and I took her to the Dr. to get antibitics, but when she swowed up at practice, and told the asst. coach she couldn't practice today she had to show the Drs. excuse or have to run laps tomorrow!!! "Do as I say and not as I do" I guess!
Well seriously, Coach Napier missed the first (2-3) weeks of softball practice because of basketball and THEN left on Tuesday for the girls State Tournament. My daughter and I really wanted to go to the Girls State Tournament to see our coach (family friend) and Chelsee Jarrell be recognized, but couldn't miss practices. So, what the hell is up with the coach?(sorry for "hell", but as a parent with a child involved, this p'ed me off. Several softball parents have been p'ed off over the way things have gone for quite some time too.) If a coach is gonna take the money for coaching(small as it is) and miss 4 weeks of practice, then turn around and have the "assistant" penalize the girls for not having doctors excuses... they're gonna have a nice little mess to come home to just a couple of days before the season begins. These folks just BLOW MY MIND! I doubt very seriously if many Athletic Directors would stand for this type of shoddy behavior! Although @ PHS the same type of thing happened in Freshman basketball, so why are any of us surprised?
I believe if you take on the job of manager or head coach no matter if its tee ball,high school,ymca,or how much you get paid,you are obligated to that team for that season.you must set the example in attendance,morale,team rules and dedication to the cause at hand.many coaches at all levels do not understand the time investment required to have a sucessful program.ateam with a part time coach is a part time team.
bballmama Wrote: Would be nice to see girls sports in this county taken seriously and given the attention these girls deserve!

I believe this answers all the questions raised in the thread.
YeGymnasium Wrote:I believe this answers all the questions raised in the thread.

I agree!