Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dick Clark Passes Away at 82
Today we lost a legend in the TV world. The article says he passed due to a heart attack. New Years will never be the same

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...at-age-82/
Wow. I used to watch him every Saturday on American Bandstand. He doesn't look a whole lot different than he did at that time.
I never saw his bandstand shows but heard they were legendary. Wish I could have grown up during that era. Where I mostly saw him, other than new years, was when he hosted the Pyramid game shows...always loved watching them. RIP. Great man!
America has lost a LEGEND! I'm sure he will be spinning those Heavenly Hits in the Sky!!!! RIP Dick Clark! You will be missed!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
R.I.P Dick Clark
WideRight05 Wrote:I never saw his bandstand shows but heard they were legendary. Wish I could have grown up during that era. Where I mostly saw him, other than new years, was when he hosted the Pyramid game shows...always loved watching them. RIP. Great man!

He would play popular songs of the era. Any new song was annouced as such, and a whole room full of teens would dance to it, then rate it from 1 to 5. It was so great!!! I used to have girl friends in, and we'd all dance to the new songs, have pizza and rate them, too. Prank calls, too. Those were difficult when you had to go through a "live" operator.:lmao:

Dick Clark gave me many wonderful memories. I am indebted to him, and wish him a peaceful journey.
I have the word filter on so it says...

"**** Clark Passes Away at 82"
Another great has also left. Levon Helms of The Band. For all of the younger generation on here that hasn't listened to The Band, he played Loretta Lynn's daddy in The Coal Miners Daughter.

[YOUTUBE="The Weight"]sjCw3-YTffo[/YOUTUBE]
Granny Bear Wrote:He would play popular songs of the era. Any new song was annouced as such, and a whole room full of teens would dance to it, then rate it from 1 to 5. It was so great!!! I used to have girl friends in, and we'd all dance to the new songs, have pizza and rate them, too. Prank calls, too. Those were difficult when you had to go through a "live" operator.:lmao:

Dick Clark gave me many wonderful memories. I am indebted to him, and wish him a peaceful journey.

That sounds pretty cool...especially during that time when music was actually GOOD!

And as to TRV's post above...that is sad to hear...heard one of the members of Men At Work passed away as well. Sad week.