Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky baseball ranked 1-2-3 in national polls
LEXINGTON, KY. — This season has been as easy as 1-2-3 for the University of Kentucky baseball team. And that’s how the Wildcats stack up in the various national polls after winning a weekend series with top-five LSU.

Kentucky, which owns the best overall record (35-6) in college baseball and sits atop the Southeastern Conference standings at 13-5, is ranked co-No. 1 with Baylor by Collegiate Baseball, No. 2 by Baseball America and No. 3 in the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll.

The Cats visit Louisville (28-12) at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The Cardinals are No. 23 in the coaches poll and No. 26 by Collegiate Baseball. They are not ranked in Baseball America’s top 25. Louisville stunned Kentucky in their first meeting this season, a 12-0 Cards victory in Lexington on April 10.

The Wildcats have had their way with the nation’s top conference — four of the top six teams in the coaches poll are from the SEC — but are trying to keep Louisville from becoming the first team this season to beat them more than once.

“You always want to occupy your state, and Louisville came in here ready last time and we kind of got away from our game a little bit,” UK outfielder Austin Cousino said. “This game’s going to be big but … if we just go in there a little bit humbled, a little bit of a chip on our shoulder like we always have, I think we’ll be just fine.”http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...ext|Sports
I think this is great that UK has a good baseball team this year. I would love to see them in the College World Series.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
This is great for us Baseball fans in Kentucky!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It's making me start to get back into baseball.

Fun fact about Spud: Baseball was my favorite sport til I was a teenager.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL