Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA: Whats wrong with the NBA?
Tyson on Lebron : Flagrant Foul

[YOUTUBE="Tyson DRills Lebron"]2zYBgMzX7V4[/YOUTUBE]

LEbron Drills John Lucas. NO FOUL

[YOUTUBE="Lebron Drills Lucas"]AZhDmm8q1YM[/YOUTUBE]

This is why the NBA is going down the drain.
Serious??? Are you that young??? This is still patty cake NBA! The Detroit Pistons made a name for themselves by doing things on the floor that would get you 30 days in jail. In the 70's, the NBA was hockey, they literally had "Enforcers" on the floor that fought each other. Maurice Lucas is best known for destroying Rudy Tomjanovich's face. Today's game is laughable to what the NBA was at the start of Jordan's playoff run. If you were not alive before MJ changed the rules, because the NBA no longer wanted the Pistons to beat up Air Jordan, then you never saw thuggery! I'm glad it's getting some of the toughness back. Hopefully they bring back the enforcers and give them a five minute penalty box! LOL, going down the drain, What a hoot!
Stardust Wrote:Serious??? Are you that young??? This is still patty cake NBA! The Detroit Pistons made a name for themselves by doing things on the floor that would get you 30 days in jail. In the 70's, the NBA was hockey, they literally had "Enforcers" on the floor that fought each other. Maurice Lucas is best known for destroying Rudy Tomjanovich's face. Today's game is laughable to what the NBA was at the start of Jordan's playoff run. If you were not alive before MJ changed the rules, because the NBA no longer wanted the Pistons to beat up Air Jordan, then you never saw thuggery! I'm glad it's getting some of the toughness back. Hopefully they bring back the enforcers and give them a five minute penalty box! LOL, going down the drain, What a hoot!

LOL? Your ranting on the wrong subject Stardust. IM upset that Magically one was called and the other wasnt.
Blame that on Jordan as well. MJ mugged guys and nothing was called. Magic Johnson may have gotten aid's from how much he manhadled and would throw Danny Ainge to the floor, but no call! No, the truly "greats" in basketball don't get called for fouls!
Stardust Wrote:Blame that on Jordan as well. MJ mugged guys and nothing was called. Magic Johnson may have gotten aid's from how much he manhadled and would throw Danny Ainge to the floor, but no call! No, the truly "greats" in basketball don't get called for fouls!

Oh Agreed. I have no issue with it being a foul or no foul. But call it one way. And when a player acts retarded flopping around squirming like hes hurt. Make them have a Exam right quick to make sure there ok.
No flagrant should have been called with the Tyson Chandler screen but definitely was a foul due to his feet never being set and upper body leaning forward. And besides Lebron set a screen to relieve pressure off the point guard. Shumpert already threw the ball up court when tyson tried to set his screen. Lebron was set and arms down when he set his screen.
KHSAA12 Wrote:No flagrant should have been called with the Tyson Chandler screen but definitely was a foul due to his feet never being set and upper body leaning forward. And besides Lebron set a screen to relieve pressure off the point guard. Shumpert already threw the ball up court when tyson tried to set his screen. Lebron was set and arms down when he set his screen.

Lebron still lowered his shoulder to a defender.
^ he did drop the shoulder a bit i have to admit, but that Chandler screen was brutal. Hard to compare the 2.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^ he did drop the shoulder a bit i have to admit, but that Chandler screen was brutal. Hard to compare the 2.

The chandler screen wasn't brutal. He made it look brutal and acted. But look at the size difference and how bad the guy ran into lebron.
Both are fouls. Chandler's should not be a flagrant, but a foul because he did not have his feet set and was leaning forward, as one poster previously mentioned. LeBron should have been called for a foul for leaning. At least in today's time, that is what the call should be. I miss the days when the NBA used to be a lot more physical. Had a team like the Detroit Pistons of the late 80's been around today, they would probably be setting a league record for suspensions.

The NBA is going down the same road of pussification as the NFL. Not to mention all the corruption that is going on. The referee scandal involving Tim Donaghy, for example. There are some officials in the league that just can just flat out ruin a game. Joey Crawford, for one, is downright terrible but yet still continues to officiate games.
Also, wasn't it Kermit Washington that punched Rudy T. in the face?
IMO, the difference is that LeBron is a star and Lucas isn't, I feel that stars get differential treatment in the NBA....
Good God...Last I checked, the refs are still humans. Which means they're going to get shut wrong. The only time anyone points is out is when one of those wrong calls goes against their team.
Neither of these Are my teams?
^But you have made public your ill feelings toward LBJ, as many of us have.

I can promise you that the refs don't get together and say "let's let Lebron do whatever he wants".

Go here(http://www.khsaa.org/officials/officialinterest.htm), fill out the form, pay the registration fee and ref a few games.

I can guarantee you there will be an entire new respect for the men with the whistle.
I'm licensed right now but I'm about to give it up...