Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Bowling Green 10-0 over #15 PRP
The Purples beat PRP 10-0 in 5 innings. WKU signee Jackson Sowell moves to 6-0 with a 2 hit shutout. Sowell struck out 6 and walked 3. Ben Morrison hit a three run home run. His 6th of the year. The Purples play Logan County at 6:00 pm tonight.
5/5 3:48 PM | IP: Logged
Great job by the Purlples!

AP, how are the Purples positioned for the District and Region?
Bowling Green has locked up the #1 seed in the 14th District. They out scored their district opponents 66-9. Jackson Sowell and Derick Brock are two of the best pitchers in the state and both are still undefeated. Sowell 6-0 .71 ERA and Brock 8-0 1.14 ERA. They hit from top to bottom and play good defense. They are having fun and ready to roll.
AP, I got a chance to watch Bowling Green last time I was up there. And man they are solid all-around. Made the plays, put it in play hard, good pitching. This team could very well be State champs in June. Good luck to the purples in district and region!
FanofThegame12 Wrote:AP, I got a chance to watch Bowling Green last time I was up there. And man they are solid all-around. Made the plays, put it in play hard, good pitching. This team could very well be State champs in June. Good luck to the purples in district and region!

Thank you sir.
does warren east have any good players to watch out for ? how are they team wise
baseball4life7 Wrote:does warren east have any good players to watch out for ? how are they team wise

East has several very good players. The best is pitcher Hunter Green. When he is healthy and has control, he's probably the best pitcher in the 4th Region. He's a lanky left hander that hits 92-93 mph and he's just a junior. East's problem is depth of pitching. After Green, there's a big drop off in pitching.
i see they play apollo this week . how you think thatll turn out ?
I would have to go with Apollo. East has 2 district games this week with Greenwood, before Apollo and they are in a three way tie for second place in the district. They will definitely be throwing their best pitchers. Like I said, after Green, there is a big drop off in pitching. Apollo is a very good team, especially at home.
Looks like PRP had a bad game wonder who they threw
I don't remember his name, but he was a big ole boy and he looked young.
how good is greenwood other than the cline kid ?
baseball4life7 Wrote:how good is greenwood other than the cline kid ?

Greenwood is a young team. I think next year they will be force. I think they only have 1 or 2 seniors.
well they come down an play apollo may 16 ...an ill give you credit you were rite bout warren east ...they didnt start the 1 kid think he played right field ...#11 started for them then went through 2 more pitchers by the 3rd inning