Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Middle 16 Jackson Co. 0
Knox blanked Jackson yesterday 16-0 running their overall record to 16-2 on the year and 12-1 in conf. play.
Who else has beaten Knox? I know Southern Pulaski beat them by 2 at home and Knox returned the favor a couple of weeks later. Knox is a very good team and I didn't know they had another loss.
Lyn Turpin Wrote:Who else has beaten Knox? I know Southern Pulaski beat them by 2 at home and Knox returned the favor a couple of weeks later. Knox is a very good team and I didn't know they had another loss.

Whitley beat them 7-4 at Knox.
Not sure I would even put this score on here. Jackson has 15 kids, 9 of which are 6th graders. Majority of Knox's team is hold back 8th graders. Knox does have a solid team though. Not sure how they lost to Whitley though.
Can someone explain how teams got to this tournament. Can anyone have a tournament and call it a state tournament? Is there a bracket anywhere? Any requirements to participate other than be one of the teams who were aware of it to begin with.
Quote:Majority of Knox's team is hold back 8th graders.
There are 5 kids who repeated 8th grade(legal age to play all 4 years in High School according to KHSAA). 4 start on a team of 18 kids. Knox's 2 losses came to a very good So. Pulaski team at Pulaski after a 1+hr. rain delay at which time the game was tied 2-2. Second loss came at home vs. a good Whitley team where Knox was complacent and Whitley was rdy to play and beat them.
Hitters_Count Wrote:There are 5 kids who repeated 8th grade(legal age to play all 4 years in High School according to KHSAA). 4 start on a team of 18 kids. Knox's 2 losses came to a very good So. Pulaski team at Pulaski after a 1+hr. rain delay at which time the game was tied 2-2. Second loss came at home vs. a good Whitley team where Knox was complacent and Whitley was rdy to play and beat them.

I wouldn't be posting on here about kids repeating the 8th grade. These 5 kids will be ineligible to play their sr year in high school if anyone turns them in, not because of age, but because of KHSAA rule that states your 4 year clock begins when you finish 8th grade, unless they all flunked. Someone in the school system should have made them aware of this.
I am lost what tourny are you talking about?
SEKYFAN Wrote:I wouldn't be posting on here about kids repeating the 8th grade. These 5 kids will be ineligible to play their sr year in high school if anyone turns them in, not because of age, but because of KHSAA rule that states your 4 year clock begins when you finish 8th grade, unless they all flunked. Someone in the school system should have made them aware of this.

That rule worked for a while but not anymore.
Now all schools do is just not promote them or push them back to the seventh grade before repeating the eighth grade.