Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michele Bachmann becomes a Swiss citizen
Rep. Michele Bachmann is now officially a Swiss miss.

Bachmann (R-Minn.) recently became a citizen of Switzerland, making her eligible to run for office in the tiny European nation, according to a Swiss TV report Tuesday.

Arthur Honegger, a reporter for public broadcaster Schweizer Fernsehen, told POLITICO the Swiss consulate in Chicago has confirmed that the former Republican presidential candidate became a citizen March 19.

The Swiss consulate in Chicago covers the state of Minnesota, which Bachmann represents.

Marcus Bachmann, the congresswoman’s husband since 1978, reportedly was eligible for Swiss citizenship due to his parents’ nationality — but only registered it with the Swiss government Feb. 15. Once the process was finalized on March 19, Michele automatically became a citizen as well, according to Honegger.

Bachmann’s three youngest children are also now Swiss citizens, and her two older children are eligible to apply for a fast-track citizenship process, according to an email from the consulate provided and translated by Honegger.

Bachmann’s office confirmed that the congresswoman had received Swiss citizenship, and attributed the decision to her children.

“Congresswoman Bachmann’s husband is of Swiss descent, so she has been eligible for dual-citizenship since they got married in 1978. However, recently some of their children wanted to exercise their eligibility for dual-citizenship so they went through the process as a family,” said Bachmann spokesperson Becky Rogness.

The Minnesota congresswoman was interviewed by Swiss national public television in D.C. on Tuesday while with a group of Swiss parliamentarians.

“My husband is a 100 percent Swiss, and his parents were raised in Switzerland, they were married there, they came to the United States, they bought a farm in Wisconsin and raised their three sons there,” said Bachmann.

Asked if she would run for office in Switzerland — as she is now eligible to do — Bachmann joked that the competition “would be very stiff because they are very good,” referring to the parliamentarians behind her.

Each Swiss citizen belongs specifically to a canton, and Bachmann’s is the canton of Thurgau in Northeast Switzerland.

“It’s tough to find a place not to like in Switzerland,” said Bachmann.

The Minnesota congresswoman ran for president this election cycle, and won the Ames straw poll last year, but a sixth-place showing in the Iowa caucuses led to her dropping out.

Bachmann’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Swiss consulate in Chicago was closed when contacted by POLITICO.

Could we have had a Swiss Citizen As President?
Good for her. It appears she has roots.
^ Well, we might as well give Switzerland a go at it, cause Kenya ain't makin it. :eyeroll:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^ Well, we might as well give Switzerland a go at it, cause Kenya ain't makin it. :eyeroll:

She's probably going to monitor romneys bank account.
Now, only if she'd become a resident of Switzerland.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:She's probably going to monitor romneys bank account.

Wouldn't that be something if she could keep track off all the other big money heavy weights while she's at it too. Kill a bunch of birds with one stone, so to say. You know the Clinton's, the Pelosi's, the Kennedy's, the Gore's, the Kerry's, the post election Obama's, the etc., etc....huh now junior??? That'd be totally awesome, wouldn't it?
Bob Seger Wrote:Wouldn't that be something if she could keep track off all the other big money heavy weights while she's at it too. Kill a bunch of birds with one stone, so to say. You know the Clinton's, the Pelosi's, the Kennedy's, the Gore's, the Kerry's, the post election Obama's, the etc., etc....huh now junior??? That'd be totally awesome, wouldn't it?

I was not aware of all them having swiss bank accounts. Care to give me some links?

We all know Romney has one and will not release information about it.,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I was not aware of all them having swiss bank accounts. Care to give me some links?

Nor should he or any other candidate ever have to. Every man still should be able to have a private life, seeing that that has absolutely nothing to do with his public life.

I am asumming you think he should?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I was not aware of all them having swiss bank accounts. Care to give me some links?

If Romney did not release information about his Swiss account, then how do we all know about it? We all know that Obama attended college but he will not release information about his time there.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If Romney did not release information about his Swiss account, then how do we all know about it? We all know that Obama attended college but he will not release information about his time there.

He released one year of tax returns. And it was on it.
I'm just trying to figure out what having a Swiss account has to do with anything. Could it be that we don't want to talk about the economy or BHO's record?

This country is better off talking about contraceptives, Swiss bank accounts and gay marriage, right? I wonder what important subject comes up next. It should be interesting.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I'm just trying to figure out what having a Swiss account has to do with anything. Could it be that we don't want to talk about the economy or BHO's record?

This country is better off talking about contraceptives, Swiss bank accounts and gay marriage, right? I wonder what important subject comes up next. It should be interesting.
Because it's usually a place to hide money.
TheRealVille Wrote:Because it's usually a place to hide money.

And I can't say that I would blame anyone that had a bunch of money to do the same. If I had a bunch of it I would hope I would be smart enough to "hide" some there.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He released one year of tax returns. And it was on it.

Hey junior, if it is so important that everyone know everyones elses own personal business, why dont you disclose your personal tax return on this forum? That is if you have ever even filed a tax return. I'm doubting that you know the first thing about one to even begin with.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:And I can't say that I would blame anyone that had a bunch of money to do the same. If I had a bunch of it I would hope I would be smart enough to "hide" some there.

It would take a blooming idiot not to.

But then again, this country is loaded with blooming idiots. As you can see we have a bunch of them on this forum.
TheRealVille Wrote:Because it's usually a place to hide money.

Wildcatk23 Wrote:He released one year of tax returns. And it was on it.

Well, if it's a place to hide money, what the heck is he doing turning it in on a tax return? :igiveup: You can't make this stuff up!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, if it's a place to hide money, what the heck is he doing turning it in on a tax return? :igiveup: You can't make this stuff up!

Like I've told one of em before TRT. "You have got to be the dumbest moron, bar none, to ever post on this board". Not mentioning any names though......Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Like I've told one of em before TRT. "You have got to be the dumbest moron, bar none, to ever post on this board". Not mentioning any names though......Confusednicker:

In the Airforce we had an acromym HME -- Help me engage, some things just don't get old.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:In the Airforce we had an acromym HME -- Help me engage, some things just don't get old.

:Thumbs:
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, if it's a place to hide money, what the heck is he doing turning it in on a tax return? :igiveup: You can't make this stuff up!
You did see usually in there, right? That's the reason it would be a talking point, because one of the only reasons that people use Swiss banks, is to hide money. I didn't say he did though. Reading comprehension isn't you strong suit, huh? BTW, I didn't see his tax return, and don't know that anything about a Swiss bank is on there. I don't take everything someone takes on a forum to be the truth. You saw where someone posted that it was on a tax return and ran with it, without any proof.
Bob Seger Wrote:Like I've told one of em before TRT. "You have got to be the dumbest moron, bar none, to ever post on this board". Not mentioning any names though......Confusednicker:
See post above. You all need to vote in some new school board members if they refuse to hire teachers that do their job in teaching comprehension skills.
TheRealVille Wrote:See post above. You all need to vote in some new school board members if they refuse to hire teachers that do their job in teaching comprehension skills.

Who is "you all"? I understood completely what I read. I cant speak for anyone else. I believe that the little fellow that did the writing struggles mightily though.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Rep. Michele Bachmann is now officially a Swiss miss.

Bachmann (R-Minn.) recently became a citizen of Switzerland, making her eligible to run for office in the tiny European nation, according to a Swiss TV report Tuesday.

Arthur Honegger, a reporter for public broadcaster Schweizer Fernsehen, told POLITICO the Swiss consulate in Chicago has confirmed that the former Republican presidential candidate became a citizen March 19.

The Swiss consulate in Chicago covers the state of Minnesota, which Bachmann represents.

Marcus Bachmann, the congresswoman’s husband since 1978, reportedly was eligible for Swiss citizenship due to his parents’ nationality — but only registered it with the Swiss government Feb. 15. Once the process was finalized on March 19, Michele automatically became a citizen as well, according to Honegger.

Bachmann’s three youngest children are also now Swiss citizens, and her two older children are eligible to apply for a fast-track citizenship process, according to an email from the consulate provided and translated by Honegger.

Bachmann’s office confirmed that the congresswoman had received Swiss citizenship, and attributed the decision to her children.

“Congresswoman Bachmann’s husband is of Swiss descent, so she has been eligible for dual-citizenship since they got married in 1978. However, recently some of their children wanted to exercise their eligibility for dual-citizenship so they went through the process as a family,” said Bachmann spokesperson Becky Rogness.

The Minnesota congresswoman was interviewed by Swiss national public television in D.C. on Tuesday while with a group of Swiss parliamentarians.

“My husband is a 100 percent Swiss, and his parents were raised in Switzerland, they were married there, they came to the United States, they bought a farm in Wisconsin and raised their three sons there,” said Bachmann.

Asked if she would run for office in Switzerland — as she is now eligible to do — Bachmann joked that the competition “would be very stiff because they are very good,” referring to the parliamentarians behind her.

Each Swiss citizen belongs specifically to a canton, and Bachmann’s is the canton of Thurgau in Northeast Switzerland.

“It’s tough to find a place not to like in Switzerland,” said Bachmann.

The Minnesota congresswoman ran for president this election cycle, and won the Ames straw poll last year, but a sixth-place showing in the Iowa caucuses led to her dropping out.

Bachmann’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Swiss consulate in Chicago was closed when contacted by POLITICO.

Could we have had a Swiss Citizen As President?

Good for her. Now if only she would make it her permanent residence and move there as soon as possible.
TheRealVille Wrote:You did see usually in there, right? That's the reason it would be a talking point, because one of the only reasons that people use Swiss banks, is to hide money. I didn't say he did though. Reading comprehension isn't you strong suit, huh? BTW, I didn't see his tax return, and don't know that anything about a Swiss bank is on there. I don't take everything someone takes on a forum to be the truth. You saw where someone posted that it was on a tax return and ran with it, without any proof.

Still missing my point RV? I was refuting the statements you and 23 made, not endorsing them. Just pointing out the two statements are mutually exclusive at a practical level.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Good for her. Now if only she would make it her permanent residence and move there as soon as possible.

Why do you want her to leave? If her family stops paying US taxes, thousands of Democrats will starve to death.
jetpilot Wrote:Why do you want her to leave? If her family stops paying US taxes, thousands of Democrats will starve to death.

:notworthy
jetpilot Wrote:Why do you want her to leave? If her family stops paying US taxes, thousands of Democrats will starve to death.

Let them starve along with the thousands of Republican welfare drawing recipients that reside in those proud Republican counties such as Johnson, Martin,Lee, Owsley,Jackson, Leslie, Clay, Whitley,Bell,Knox, Laurel, Pulaski and other pre-dominately poor counties full of Republican white trash that mooches off the government and doesn't pay taxes.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Let them starve along with the thousands of Republican welfare drawing recipients that reside in those proud Republican counties such as Johnson, Martin,Lee, Owsley,Jackson, Leslie, Clay, Whitley,Bell,Knox, Laurel, Pulaski and other pre-dominately poor counties full of Republican white trash that mooches off the government and doesn't pay taxes.

Carl D. Perkins would be so very proud of the dependence and the Rites of Passages he created for generation after generation after generation, now wouldn't he.......lol
Bob Seger Wrote:Carl D. Perkins would be so very proud of the dependence and the Rites of Passages he created for generation after generation after generation, now wouldn't he.......lol

Don't forget Hal Rogers who has continued to waste billions of taxpayers dollars in Eastern Kentucky on useless projects and is willing to assist anyone who contacts him concerning their disability, that is if they know the right people to get in his ear. Carl D. Perkins was primarily a Black Lung man which is almost a non-existent program now.
Bob Seger Wrote:Carl D. Perkins would be so very proud of the dependence and the Rites of Passages he created for generation after generation after generation, now wouldn't he.......lol
.... republicans as well as democrats. Orangenowblue probably said it as a joke, but you republicans talk about government mooching democrats, when there are tons of non tax paying, government freeloaders across the aisle doing the same thing.