Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox middle-Lex Cath. brawl.
Was just surprised that nobody has brought up the complete lack of sportsmanship by Knox middle in this game. Was also wanting to see if what I heard is 100% accurate.
raisedseams Wrote:Was just surprised that nobody has brought up the complete lack of sportsmanship by Knox middle in this game. Was also wanting to see if what I heard is 100% accurate.
Well, seems like you have a preconceived notion of who was at fault, even though you didn't actually see it, based on your post. I have no dog in this fight, but for sake of discussion, what allegedly happened?
I was told by someone watching the game of what happened. A fan of neither team by the way. He was working the ball fields at Whitley where the games was played. But was later told the same thing by someone not very fond of Knox, so thats why I was checking to see what happened. So no, its not preconceived.
This is a brawl sir.
What both people said was that LC started a pitcher that hadnt had a lot of mound time but threw fairly hard. Well to start the game the kid is a little wild and hits 2 of the first few batters. Both people said you could easily tell that he was just a little wild and by no means trying to hit them on purpose. (Its the 1st inning so why would he?) Anyway, the same pitcher for LC comes up to bat and gets plunked. Nothing made of it by either team or umps. So the game goes on and Knox is easily beating LC 11-0 I think. Last inning and all Knox needs is one out and the same LC pitcher comes up to bat again and the same Knox pitcher throws behind the LC batter, up towards the head area. Well, the LC player takes offense this time and stares down the Knox pitcher and the ump warns the pitcher and team. Next pitch, hes hit in the back. The LC player charges the mound and the Knox pitcher takes off from him. The Knox catcher catches up to the hitter and hits him in the back of the head about the same time the first baseman comes flying in. Then the Knox pitcher starts acting tough while the batter is down. The Knox coach never gets off his bucket and acts like he could care less. So there you go. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm or put their spin on it.
I remember that brawl. I dont think the baseball one was nothing like that. LoL.
You make it sound like Knox County was the team at fault here. Clearly the Lexington Catholic player was the one who charged the mound, correct? The coaches and umpires should have dealt with the situation earlier from both ends. With that said, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Lexington Catholic was involved in a situation like this. They tend to be a tad arrogant when they shouldn't be. But on the other hand, Knox being up by that margin, should have made a better attempt to put it to rest. If I were the football coaches from these schools, I'd be recruiting my hind end off in my own school for these players if they don't already play on the gridiron. At the end of the day, I have no dog in the fight. There is no place for baseball brawls at any level, let alone the middle school level.
^ It's the way I see it as well. This was a he said/she said RUMOR that was posted as fact!:dudecomeon:
I was watching the girls softball tourny and wandered over to watch Knox and Lex Cath. Heard it was supposed to be a really good game. What you were told wasnt at all what took place. The kid from LC hit several KC players in the course of the game. I dont believe on purpose, just control issues. Knox slowly built up a lead of 5-0 or 6-0 and then in the top of the 5th or 6th Knox exploded for 5-6 runs making the game 11-0 at this point. LC took the kid out and got to their half of the inning. The KC pitcher was also having some control issue late in the game and threw a pitch behind the LC pitchers backside. Both boys stared each other down, but no warning were given to either kid or team. Apparently the umpire thought nothing of it. The next pitch hit the LC pitcher in the side/backside. He charged the mound and the KC pitcher tried to avoid any physical confrontation. The KC 1st baseman seemed to try and tackle the LC kid but missed him. The KC catcher grabbed the LC kid and tried to pull him away and then the LC kid swung an elbow/fist at the KC catcher, couldnt really tell what part of he swung, the KC catcher retaliated with a punch, then the coaches and umpires separated the kids. Too be totally honest, I think most of the ppl watching the game was totally shocked that a kid would charge the mound. Both coaches and umpires were completely caught off guard by what took place. This was an unfortunate event for both teams and both coaches and players shook hands and apologies were given by both teams and even the LC fans came to apologize for the behavior of their player. It is sad to see that Pro sports have bled into our youth so as they think is it alright to act out of order. And as far as your remark about ppl not liking Knox, well that happens when you consistantly beat ppl. My nephew plays against the Knox kids and they are very strong for a middle school team. I have never seen or heard of them acting like thugs or hoodlums. I have respect for both coaches from KC and LC for coming together after to talk and work things out.
The same pitcher about got into a fight in a game against Corbin. How does charging the mound against someone who hit you twice make it his fault? Was he suppose to pick up the ball and throw it back at him to make it fair? If someone punches you in the face and you punch them back, does that make it your fault for retaliating, or are you defending yourself? I've talked to several Knox parents since this and they said it happened the exact same way. So its not he said/ she said.
raisedseams Wrote:The same pitcher about got into a fight in a game against Corbin. How does charging the mound against someone who hit you twice make it his fault? Was he suppose to pick up the ball and throw it back at him to make it fair? If someone punches you in the face and you punch them back, does that make it your fault for retaliating, or are you defending yourself? I've talked to several Knox parents since this and they said it happened the exact same way. So its not he said/ she said.

You can't be serious. Your analogy makes no sense. Getting hit by a pitch in baseball is not the same as getting punched in the face. What do you do if you get hit by a pitch? It's simple. You trot your hind end to first base. These are middle school kids man, not UFC fighters. Hopefully all players involved were punished accordingly. If not, pathetic job on both coaches parts in my opinion.
Quote:The same pitcher about got into a fight in a game against Corbin.

Again you are only telling part of the story, you failed to mention, the catcher from Corbin had been wolfen at the Knox kids all day. He slid into 2nd base with cleats high and cleated the SS above the knee. They only exchanged words. The kid from Corbin had to be warned by the umpire in that game. Not sure what your beef is with the Knox program, maybe they beat your sons team, but ask any coach in the region and they will tell you it is a well ran program. Kids get excited and pumped during games, but to act like the Knox kids are bad kids is totally ridiculous. Let it go man/woman the incident with Knox and Lex Cath has been taken care of and it is time to move on.

Quote: I've talked to several Knox parents since this and they said it happened the exact same way.
I dont believe this for a second. I know most of the Knox parents personally, I can all but guarantee your statement is not accurate.
Seems to me that hitters count is more than a by stander. He must be tied to the program in a more personal way because he always post about their games in away that he must wonder over from every softball game to knox play.
Nothing like brawl at Paintsville
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote: This is a brawl sir.

Hey tiger fan
What started that brawl anyway?
Warthog Wrote:Hey tiger fan

Who is the guy in the white button up?
Warthog Wrote:Hey tiger fan

Im really not sure to tell you the truth.
Quote:Seems to me that hitters count is more than a by stander. He must be tied to the program in a more personal way because he always post about their games in away that he must wonder over from every softball game to knox play.
My son is close friends with several of the Knox boys, they fish and hang out together. I know many of the players and their fans on a person basis, so I guess I do know them better than you.
Or maybe an assistant coach
Never as a coach have I had problems with Knox Central, however I have had problems with LC on more than one occasion and in different sports. Football seems to be the worst since then tend to get a beating when they come south. I can remember two LC players being flown out from a game a few years ago.....sometimes they are a bit soft too.