Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Pay-Per-Views
Anyone else miss the Old PPV's?

King of the Ring, Armageddon, Taboo Tuesday, Unforgiven, and just about the rest of the old ones.

They only have Royal Rumble, Mania, Survivor Series, No Way Out, Summerslam.

I wish they'd bring back the old one's!!

Why did they get rid of them? Was they not bringing in enough money, wanting to try something new, etc. etc. SD What's your take on this?
Don't forget In Your House, Bad Blood, Backlash, No Mercy, Judgement Day.... and those are just the one's I can remember.

I would like to see the WWE only have 4-5 PPV's a year, give them more time to build up story lines and keep from having to see the same main event over and over and over.
I miss GOOD King of the Rings. It had became a joke towards the end and needed to be done away with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Loved the old King of the Ring events. Those were awesome. Another one that I really liked was Starrcade for WCW.
I guess I'm lost here, unless the event was a gimic event like KOR, then how can you miss an old PPV. The PPV's are names only, right??? So does it matter what the event is called - you get the exact same matches no matter the name of the event. What am I missing in this thread???? Call it a Rooster or a Cock, it's still a chicken - right????
^I assumed it was the gimmick or the atmosphere it brought.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Old PPV's were the best. Today's PPV's are so boring and it's the same thing over and over.
^ What do you mean??? I'm not sure I'm getting it. How did the name change make the PPV's more boring now?
Stardust Wrote:^ What do you mean??? I'm not sure I'm getting it. How did the name change make the PPV's more boring now?

I guess it had to do with the Attitude Era that made them the best. Today's wrestling is no where near as good as the Attitude Era was
I was purely referring to the gimmick PPV's (K.o.t.R, etc...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:I guess it had to do with the Attitude Era that made them the best. Today's wrestling is no where near as good as the Attitude Era was

Well if that's the case, then I miss the old NWA days before PPV's even started... Give me WCW Saturday night over any PPV past or present..... So, to put this to rest, it has nothing to do with the PPV's, it's purely your disinterest in the performers?
LWC Wrote:I was purely referring to the gimmick PPV's (K.o.t.R, etc...)

Gimmicks done right are great, but you have to be careful with burning the fans out. To me, the best and greatest gimmick was the "War Games" 2 ring steel cage. That was awesome, and could work today. But the WWE has declined interest because of how many floor seats they would lose.

Hell in the Cell was great, and then we got a Hell in the Cell match twice a year and completely ruined that gimmick. Now when I hear Hell in the Cell, it's no big deal. To me, it was a completely wasted gimmick in the WM HHH/UT match. They did not need it. It played very little in the match, or nothing that they couldn't have done in a regular steel cage. That's an example of wasting and burning out the fans on gimmicks. Why have a Hell in the Cell if you are not going to use the entire cage, inside and out. Just a waste and made it no more special.
Stardust Wrote:Well if that's the case, then I miss the old NWA days before PPV's even started... Give me WCW Saturday night over any PPV past or present..... So, to put this to rest, it has nothing to do with the PPV's, it's purely your disinterest in the performers?

Kinda both. Old PPV's were the best, the matches lasted longer, better entertainers, all around better than today's. Today's matches are lucky if they last 10 minutes, some don't even last 18 seconds *cough Daniel Bryan cough* Wink. I guess some people just have different opinions. I loved WCW, wished they hadn't went out of business
They should use the Elimination Chamber More!!!!
Taboo Tuesday it was interactive.
I'm probably in the minority but I loved The Crockett Cup!!
^ I loved the Crockett Cup format. You won't see a 2 day event like that again, but it was unique and truly and enjoyable spectacle. Tag Team wrestling is dead in the WWE, I'd love to see them do something dedicated to Tag Teams in the future.
Greatest old Pay Per View ever.... Besides the Wrestlemania where Hogan slammed Andre, was Starcade '86.... Road Wariors and Midnight express in Scaffold Match...
I dont miss Taboo Tuesday, but i do miss a lot of them, i liked St Valentines Day Masacre