Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Middle School Baseball State Championship
Sorry it took so long to put this on here! I thought somebody else would've already done it by now lol.

Pikeville faced Oldham County in the final four of the tournament and won 6-4, Peyton Hamilton was the starting pitcher in this one. The bats helped Pikeville pull this one out, with many people hitting the ball well like Clay Slone, Daric Pugh, Austin Salyer, etc. Also Cody Dials laid down a good bunt to give Pikeville the lead at one point.

In the state championship Pikeville faced Southern Pulaski and lost 13-3. It was not a mercy, and was actually a closer game than what the score shows. It was 3-3 in the 4th inning when Southern Pulaski got a rally going with hits and then Pikeville sort of fell apart in the field. Not taking away anything at all from Southern Pulaski though, they definitely deserved to win! They played hard from the beginning of the game to the end! Congratulations Southern Pulaski!

Pikeville ended their season 24-4. The team grew tremendously throughout the season. Loved watching them grow as a team and each player individually. They were a young team, and only had two 8th grade players due to injuries. Hopefully they will continue to improve over the off-season and keep growing as a team. Also hoping the 8th graders continue to play for the high school program.
How many teams were in this tourney?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Not sure, but I know every team in the state was given the opportunity to participate in it.
Not true, I know of at least 8 teams that knew nothing about it. A State tournament is not getting a group of teams together and calling it State. Out of all of the teams in KY, you really think only 8 or so teams would have registered to play? Seriously? Someone needs to check their distribution list. Who was in the tournament anyway?
Courtside Wrote:Not true, I know of at least 8 teams that knew nothing about it. A State tournament is not getting a group of teams together and calling it State. Out of all of the teams in KY, you really think only 8 or so teams would have registered to play? Seriously? Someone needs to check their distribution list. Who was in the tournament anyway?

Tell KBA that and see what they say.
KBA has their tournaments posted well in advance. Not hard to figure out how to register for that one. Where was the registration posted for this tournament?
It is a new tournament. Give it time and it will grow.
Some middle schools are just tonight playing their district tournament. Was there an actual State Tournament before the districts/Regionals?
Catfan09 Wrote:Some middle schools are just tonight playing their district tournament. Was there an actual State Tournament before the districts/Regionals?

Playing middle school district same time that the high school districts r playing. :please:
Sorry if it is bothersome to you but my friends son's team lost in their middle school district Tuesday night. It was in Harrodsburg/Burgin. Furthermore, that doesn't sound nearly as dumb as a State Tournament without district/regionals.:please: to you too.
One of the best if not the best Middle School team didnt play due to playing in their conf. tourny.

Knox Middle
Almost all of oldhams best players played freshman ball and didnt participate
This wasn't and isn't a "true" state tournament....it's the same in basketball. A team doesn't EARN its way in....wish they could implement something similar to the high school playoffs....
All schools are invited to play in the 2013 tournament.

Pikeville is hosting the Eastern Semi State.

It will be held on the weekend of May 12 and 13.

Several schools have elected to not participate due to lack of interest from their coach or prior commitments.

Because of the lack of a sanctioning body forcing teams to play you can't require for teams to advance through a district and regional format.

If you have questions about this year tournament please let me know.

I have the details.
Really guys..."middle school" state baseball champs...more victims of Kentuckys #1 cash crop ( intended or not )...

Congrats on your ego stroke Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Personally, I think this is awesome. It gives these young kids a goal if their coaches can sell them on the idea there is something more to play for besides the regular season. Competition is good for these kids since most have experienced the Little League tournaments and the excitement it brings. Why not let that carry over to the middle school level? Glad Pikeville is involved in this, tremendous pride in baseball and knows how to handle something of this nature.