Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(11)George Mason 86 (1)UCONN 84 (FINAL/OT)HUGE UPSET!!!
Final in OT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
George Mason had a chance to put this away in the 2nd half on free throws ! They went to OT ! uconn trailed most of the ot when marcus williams hit a three to put it within 2 but it was too much GMU moves on too FINAL FOUR CONGRATS GMU !!!
I can't believe it...11 seed GMU going to the final four..That's just so hard to believe...This is the most amazing tournament ever...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
YES!!!
Amazing run by George Mason so far I mean knocking of Michigan St., Noth Carolina and Uconn all in the same tournament is absolutly amazing no one saw this happening.
Amazing that a couple of weeks ago, George Mason didn't even know they were going to be in the tournament...The committe might know a little more than we think...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
For anyone that had any hope at all left in their bracket, this officially put them out of their misery.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
:letspartyYeahhh!!
This win was huge I never expected expected this
Cinderella lives !!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Does the glass slipper fit George Mason. This could be a very interesting 6 final teams minus 2 ( NCAA has the term "Final Four" copywrited ) :letsparty OH YEAHHHH!
One thing you can say is it's no fluke. You beat the teams they beat, you are a great team.
Great to see GW making a great run. Most would have could have never called it.
I think this is great!!!

I hope they win the whole damn thing now!

HAHA!!!
Wow. Congrats George Mason on the biggest upset of the Tourney and good luck v.s. UF in the Final 4
98NCCalum Wrote:I think this is great!!!

I hope they win the whole damn thing now!

HAHA!!!

They will have their work cut out! I think both SEC teams are playing very good ball, but all four are. So who knows?

:Thumbs:
I had to go for GMU, even though I had UConn in my bracket.
:Clap: [size=5]Go Pat's!!!

[/size]
As George Mason was playing as a "team" EspnU analysis (Doug Gottlieb) said that during free throws or any other free time to get in a huddle and have a team conversation. Uconn didnt do that one time during that game !!! That just lets me know that this team has to many selfish players with too much talent !
This is a huge shocker. The layup by UCONN at the end of regulation was awesome. This entire game was awesome. I didn't have George Mason advancing out of the 1st round. Just goes to show you that the term "March Madness" is true, because this tournament is definetley "Madness".
great game!.... way to go George Mason
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
I'll be rooting for the GM-UF winner in the final.....
I will too freak, unless UF wins.Smile

But if UCLA wins and UF wins, ill be forced to pull for UF for UK's sake, lol.
But if its LSU, im pulling for Big Baby and the Tigers over the gators, but not over the Patriots!!

Pretty much what im saying is

1. GMU
2.LSU
3.UF
4.UCLA
After UCLA killed my friends from GU, I have to root against them, even though I have respected Howland for a long time....
FreakNasty Wrote:After UCLA killed my friends from GU, I have to root against them, even though I have respected Howland for a long time....

Stache man looked pitiful after that game, i can see why you dont like UCLA.
corndog23 Wrote:Stache man looked pitiful after that game, i can see why you dont like UCLA.

It's not that I dont like UCLA, I just cannot root for them..

Florida will win the championship, want to know why?

They average almost 80 PPG. No other team team leftdoes that. There hasn't been a team since the inception of the shot clock that hasn't averaged 80 PPG and won the championship.

I believe Florida averages 79.6.
Good stuff Freak, but im not sure that GMU cares about those stats. You can throw every stat out there that you want, but when they get out there on the court it doesnt matter what is written on paper. I believe GMU will beat the Florida Gators. Ultimately i think they win because they have senior leaders, something none of the other 3 teams seem to have. None of these guys playing this weekend have been to a final four, and i think the age factor will push GMU over the gators, and honestly, i think they can, and will, win the national title.
corndog23 Wrote:Good stuff Freak, but im not sure that GMU cares about those stats. You can throw every stat out there that you want, but when they get out there on the court it doesnt matter what is written on paper. I believe GMU will beat the Florida Gators. Ultimately i think they win because they have senior leaders, something none of the other 3 teams seem to have. None of these guys playing this weekend have been to a final four, and i think the age factor will push GMU over the gators, and honestly, i think they can, and will, win the national title.

I love a good story, but the story will end quickly unless GM pulls another game like they did agaisnt UCONN. I believe there largest man is 6'8, Noah is listed at 6'11 (plays like 7'2) and Horford is 6'10. GM is going to have to play perfect.
FreakNasty Wrote:I love a good story, but the story will end quickly unless GM pulls another game like they did agaisnt UCONN. I believe there largest man is 6'8, Noah is listed at 6'11 (plays like 7'2) and Horford is 6'10. GM is going to have to play perfect.

Jai Lewis is 6'6 i believe and he is their biggest starter. The boys from GMU have played awesome through the entire tourny and i dont see why it will stop against Florida. They took on UCONN's freakish front line, i think they can deal with Noah and Horford.
yeah but if they get past fl. then they potentially have to deal with big baby and tyrus thomas.. and in my opinion.. thomas will be the guy to watch out for... the guy is tall and can jump.
Good point CTD. Davis and Thomas are just amazing. I hope they both go pro! haha