Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Big East Teams In The Final Four
:rockon:

This just proved this conference was overated all year long. If the conference was so dominant you would think they would have had at least 1 team make it to the final four. The odds were with them. They put 9 teams in the dance. On the other hand the SEC didn't receive much repect in the polls all year. They got two in the final four and theres a good chance they two SEC schools will play for the national title.

WTG, SEC.. To All the SEC haters and doubters. :ChairHit:
I don't get this, and have never put my two cents in to any Conference argument and I never will.

What does it matter if you're conference does well in the tourney?

Hasn't George Mason completely proven that what conference you come from makes this argument completely irrelevant?
That being said, if you're team sucks, you're teams sucks, no matter how good or bad you're conference does in the tournament or how good or bad they do during the season.

And just b/c the coference that you're team is in does well in the tournament what does that matter?

You can't tell me you want a team like Florida to win if you're a KY fan.
Guess the SEC is showing them. Funny to hear Packer making excuses why Nova is getting their jocks handed to them by an SEC team.
98NCCalum Wrote:That being said, if you're team sucks, you're teams sucks, no matter how good or bad you're conference does in the tournament or how good or bad they do during the season.

And just b/c the coference that you're team is in does well in the tournament what does that matter?

I am a big UK fan, but would have no problem with Florida winning. I enjoy the style of ball they play and they are fun to watch.

:howdy: :ChairHit: :howdy:
98NCCalum Wrote:That being said, if you're team sucks, you're teams sucks, no matter how good or bad you're conference does in the tournament or how good or bad they do during the season.

I think it has something to do with the fact that if you can't win it yourself one year, you root for the teams closest to yours, even if they are a rival. I know that being an Ashland fan I'd want Johnson Central, Boyd County, Fairview, Russell, etc. to win a championship if Ashland weren't able to. I think it's along the same lines of representing your area/district/region/conference well.

I'm sure there are several people out there (because I know many) who are PO'ed beyond belief that LSU made it the Final Four. I can't wait to hear what they will say now that arch nemesis Florida has made it as well.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
But you have to admit that if the SEC had gotten more respect then UK and other SEC teams may have gotten a high seed and in turn they also may have gone further. But we will never know but its apparent the Big East must be a sleeping GIANT if they're as good as previous thought.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I think it has something to do with the fact that if you can't win it yourself one year, you root for the teams closest to yours, even if they are a rival. I know that being an Ashland fan I'd want Johnson Central, Boyd County, Fairview, Russell, etc. to win a championship if Ashland weren't able to. I think it's along the same lines of representing your area/district/region/conference well.

I'm sure there are several people out there (because I know many) who are PO'ed beyond belief that LSU made it the Final Four. I can't wait to hear what they will say now that arch nemesis Florida has made it as well.
I understand what you're saying, but there are folks out there who think that since the SEC did well in the tournament that that somehow looks good for UK? UK was absolutely awful this year. B/c Florida and LSU doesn't change that fact.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I think it has something to do with the fact that if you can't win it yourself one year, you root for the teams closest to yours, even if they are a rival. I know that being an Ashland fan I'd want Johnson Central, Boyd County, Fairview, Russell, etc. to win a championship if Ashland weren't able to. I think it's along the same lines of representing your area/district/region/conference well.

I am with you on this one brother!

:thumpsup:
CatDawg Wrote:But you have to admit that if the SEC had gotten more respect then UK and other SEC teams may have gotten a high seed and in turn they also may have gone further. But we will never know but its apparent the Big East must be a sleeping GIANT if they're as good as previous thought.
No. The comittee does not look at your conference AT ALL. So no.

Look at George Mason, Air Force, and UC this year, if the conference you played in mattered at all, UC would have been in and one of those two would be out.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I am a big UK fan, but would have no problem with Florida winning. I enjoy the style of ball they play and they are fun to watch.

:howdy: :ChairHit: :howdy:

I bet you'd love to see that style of play back in Rupp Arena with Billy D directing the Wildcats, wouldn't 'ya? Sure beats Tubby ball.
Yellow Snow Wrote:I bet you'd love to see that style of play back in Rupp Arena with Billy D directing the Wildcats, wouldn't 'ya? Sure beats Tubby ball.

You know it, but many are still in love with Tubby.

:thatsfunn
Poor Big East and ACC. Wish I could have heard "PAC-MAN' explain what happened to the two "GREATEST" conferences in the land, and why didn't they have any teams in the Final Four. Poor little SEC. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the "DOWN" conference this year have two representatives in the Final Four. They could even end up playing for the ,dare I say it, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. How in the world will "PAC-MAN" explain that one. :thatsfunn :Thumbs:

I didn't say the BIG East sucked. Far from it. I just said they were overrated.

All year long all I heard was Big BEast or Big BEast that. I heard alot of this about the SEC. "Thier not as strong as they have been in the past. They are young and if they don't make early exits to the NBA they will be a force to be reckoned with, in the future."

Quote:
That being said, if you're team sucks, you're teams sucks, no matter how good or bad you're conference does in the tournament or how good or bad they do during the season.

I would rather see the SEC win anyday then the ACC or BIG EAST. They are always the highly rated conferences in the polls and receive more attention compared to SEC teams. UK is also a part of the SEC. When a SEC school wins, IMO that win represents the entire conference. Just like those commercials you see about the SEC having like 110 national titles in all sports. Chances are you can make that 111 after this year. You can't say that people don't make note of overall conference records in the tournament. Because they do. I heard it on ESPN and CBS everynight. Everyone was disappoined the first night of the big dance with the Big East and the Big 10 had terrible showings.

However, I did cheer for a couple BIG BEAST team. I would loved to see Syracuse or West Virginia in the final four. Especially WV.

Quote:
What does it matter if you're conference does well in the tourney?

It matters a great deal when teams such as GM from smaller conferences win in the tournament. I think it will have the selection committe wondering if they should of maybe gave the edge to some other smaller conference teams with a better records. Teams like a Missouri St or Creighton rather than Seton Hall. I bet next year some of these mid majors will get alot more attention come selection time because they proved in this tournament they could compete with the big boys. I know for if I was team member of another CAA conference team I would be cheering my ass for GM.
YeGymnasium Wrote:Poor Big East and ACC. Wish I could have heard "PAC-MAN' explain what happened to the two "GREATEST" conferences in the land, and why didn't they have any teams in the Final Four. Poor little SEC. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the "DOWN" conference this year have two representatives in the Final Four. They could even end up playing for the ,dare I say it, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. How in the world will "PAC-MAN" explain that one. :thatsfunn :Thumbs:
The Big East was deeper than any other conference this year, but that proves absolutely nothing.

Go Florida!!
98NCCalum Wrote:The Big East was deeper than any other conference this year, but that proves absolutely nothing.

Go Florida!!

I'm not buying it. Deeper. Says who???
98NCCalum Wrote:The Big East was deeper than any other conference this year, but that proves absolutely nothing.

Go Florida!!

They may have been deeper, but their noted absence in the final four practically screams out for an explanation as to why "clearly" inferior teams have erased them from the tournament. Couild be they were just a "TAD" over rated during the year. :thatsfunn
Only deep in the mind of those that lifted them above how "deep" they really were. You said it best in your other thread. Ratings don't mean nothing. But obviously they do because the BIG EAST wouldn't have gotten 9 teams in the dance if they werent overrated.

Do you really think Seton Hall is better than South Carolina or Missouri St. IMO, Both of these teams are 20 points better than Seton Hall. Why did they get in? I'll tell you why. Because they beat a few Big East teams that again were overrated. I think its safe to say we won't see another 8 or 9 bid conference for a long time. Because everyone realizes now that the BE was overrated.

UCONN at a 1 seed was arguably the BE's best representive and they struggled in every game they played. They were lucky to even be playing George Mason.
98NCCalum Wrote:I understand what you're saying, but there are folks out there who think that since the SEC did well in the tournament that that somehow looks good for UK? UK was absolutely awful this year. B/c Florida and LSU doesn't change that fact.

When was KY brought up in this thread?? when did someone say it showed well for KY?? Stop reaching for things to get pissed about, your rants just kill me...
The Big East was the conference that had the most talent and the SEC was the conference that had the team play to win !
corndog23 Wrote:When was KY brought up in this thread?? when did someone say it showed well for KY?? Stop reaching for things to get pissed about, your rants just kill me...
Don't read them then.
98NCCalum Wrote:No. The comittee does not look at your conference AT ALL. So no.

Look at George Mason, Air Force, and UC this year, if the conference you played in mattered at all, UC would have been in and one of those two would be out.

They do look at the conference and they look at the conference record.
98NCCalum Wrote:Don't read them then.

I have to have something to laugh about from time to time or i wouldnt...:moon:
blackcat_student Wrote:The Big East was the conference that had the most talent and the SEC was the conference that had the team play to win !

I agree about the team thing. But the talent level in the SEC is right on par. LSU and Florida are young but both are extremely talented. UT, Arkansas, Alabama and UK had some talent as well.

UKs problem was the team thing. They never had much team chemistry all year and this hurt them.
Wait the BIG East gets 8 teams 12.5% of the entire field in the dance along with 50% of the number 1 seeds but when its said and done they have none, zip, zero in the final four. Yes that is overrated. Should they have had eight teams or even nine or ten like some keep saying in the dance. HECK NO! They didn't deserve 8 they should have had seven I agree and the SEC should have had seven because South Carolina deserved to be in. If they don't look at ratings, RPI, Conference strenght and conference W-L record and only went by the teams that were hot and deserving at the right time then South Carolina is in and CINCY would have still been out.

With all this said who cares.

SEC=2 TEAMS
Pac-10 EAST COAST BIAS = 1 Team
CAA=1 TEAM
Big EAST = 0
Big Ten = 0
Big 12 = 0
Conference USA = 0
ACC = 0

Now that is PRICELESS!
CatDawg Wrote:Wait the BIG East gets 8 teams 12.5% of the entire field in the dance along with 50% of the number 1 seeds but when its said and done they have none, zip, zero in the final four. Yes that is overrated. Should they have had eight teams or even nine or ten like some keep saying in the dance. HECK NO! They didn't deserve 8 they should have had seven I agree and the SEC should have had seven because South Carolina deserved to be in. If they don't look at ratings, RPI, Conference strenght and conference W-L record and only went by the teams that were hot and deserving at the right time then South Carolina is in and CINCY would have still been out.

With all this said who cares.

SEC=2 TEAMS
Pac-10 EAST COAST BIAS = 1 Team
CAA=1 TEAM
Big EAST = 0
Big Ten = 0
Big 12 = 0
Conference USA = 0
ACC = 0

Now that is PRICELESS!

Priceless indeed :girlwink:

I thought they got 9 in. But I heard talks of them even getting 10 teams in. Ridiculous. I think these mid major teams have taught the selection committee a lesson. George Mason is lucky that Cincy didnt get thier spot. Confusedhh: Im serious. :Clap:
So many teams, so little wins. Sad
No ACC
No Big East
No Big 12
No C-USA

Who woud have ever thought the Final Four would look like this ???

#2 seed UCLA (PAC-10)

#3 seed Florida (SEC)

#4 seed LSU (SEC)

#11 seed George Mason (COLONIAL)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Big bEast turned out to be the Big Least ..........Smile Smile Smile Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lol i love it.... 2 SEC and no ACC or Big East
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis