Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan County Coroner Candidate Arrested For Second Time
West Liberty (AP) A candidate for Morgan County coroner has been charged with stealing pain medication from an elderly woman while campaigning door-to-door.

It's the second time in the last year that 23-year-old Jody Lynn McClurg has been arrested on drug charges.

McClurg was arrested Wednesday. He is on probation stemming from an arrest year in Menifee County, when he was charged with posing as a sheriff's deputy and stealing the pain medication of a man who had recently died.

In the most recent case, McClurg was charged with theft by deception under $300. Kentucky State Trooper Ralph Lockard says McClurg substituted Tylenol tablets for painkilling hydrocodone pills after the woman allowed him inside her bathroom.

In the older case, McClurg pleaded guilty to lesser charges of posing as a law enforcement officer and illegal possession of a controlled substance and received a suspended 30-day jail sentence two years probation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Yep....'tis true. Know the kid personally. TBH, he's a great kid too. Don't know what on earth the boy is thinking. I guess getting hooked on pain killers will mess one up bigtime. Hate it for Jody - and his family.
The legal action should definetly take away from his campaign. Pain pills can do many strange things to people and how they act, I hate this for him because I see it everyday to people around his age and younger but he really needs to straighten his life up before he tries to hold an office.

This young man needs to be someplace where he can receive help and have some time to reflect and think about all the pain and sufferig that his actions have casued to other people, especially his family. He needs to be made aware that He and He alone are resonsible for His actions and accept responsibility for the consequences of His behavior. Sadly, after such treatment it seems that the person reverts back to their old destructive behaviors, once they have been deemed fit to join society by the powers that be. A sad situation. :dontthink