Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 5 Lawrence Co. 3 (57th District)
The Tigers advance to the 15th Region Tourney and 57th District Championship Game tomorrow at 6:00 PM to face Johnson Central.

Tigers get a great pitching effort from Colby Burchett for the W and Colton Caldwell for the save.

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/99u0ofv...sville.htm

Good Job tonight Tigers and Good Luck tomorrow night!

Go Tigers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Big congrats to The Paintsville Tigers and especially their Senior class. The Tigers had a job to do and did it. Best wishes to the players and fans of Lawrence County baseball. Sometimes a task is made more difficult when one fails to utilize all that is available, in lieu of egocentric preference and presentation.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:...Sometimes a task is made more difficult when one fails to utilize all that is available, in lieu of egocentric preference and presentation.

please feel free to elaborate. i was in cincinnati all day yesterday and the reds game last night and didn't see this until this morning. i've talked to several people close to lchs situation this year. i know what happened. who are you blaming here?
lchsalumnus Wrote:please feel free to elaborate. i was in cincinnati all day yesterday and the reds game last night and didn't see this until this morning. i've talked to several people close to lchs situation this year. i know what happened. who are you blaming here?
Yes lummie I will certainly will break this down for you as I understand you are lchsalumnus. The most recent example of my previous post for your clarity was the game that this thread concerns. Hang on lummie here goes.
#5, and I apologize never having seen the kid before,played an excellent game at first base and recieved a well deserved all District position. My question for you is where was this kid all season long. To the best of my knowledge he did not dress and therefore did not play varsity baseball until this District game. The kid along with other missing links could have salvaged what could very well be the worst Dawg team in the last 10 years at LCHS. Where was Turner and the other assets available to LCHS.You have claimed in your infinite wisdom, to have been briefed in all things in Dawgdom. Remember that every story has two sides.In particuliar remember "All That Is Is Not Known". Until you have "All Data" you might want to consider a larger size cleat for the old Pie hole. In closing :Gongrats #5 wished we could have seen you play this year. You were needed!!!!!!! You might have helped prevent a loosing season!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlie .. it seems that a some point you have seen some of things I mentioned earlier in the season. LC needs to utilize many valuable players and expand their coaching horizons.. look at changes in coaching philosophies..if it doesnt work give someone else a chance...dont just ride one pitcher till you break him..etc, encourage more players to come out to be a part of the team .. you never know the best players may be on your bench or walking the halls of your school...versus forcing them to leave. LC did well this year to have such a young team, but they need to work hard to be like the winning teams of the past.

Awesome Job to Noah Lambert and Brock Turner being chosen to all district team. Brock is an 8th grade who just recently turned 14..
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Charlie move his son from Paintsville to LC just to be part of a great baseball program? All is great when you are winning but everyone jumps off the band wagon and onto the critique train when you are losing. Don't bash someone just because they aren't coaching the way "fan coaches" think they should. That's a huge problem everywhere is that parents think they no more than coaches.

Not 100% certain on this statement but "I don't think theres a program in the history of sports who hasn't had a losing season". Someone with time to research can correct me if they find one.
Congratulations # 5 on being selected for the District All Tournament team! Not bad for a 13 year older who only started 2 games before district play and won't actually be 14 until August! Way to go!!!
ballfan87 Wrote:Charlie .. it seems that a some point you have seen some of things I mentioned earlier in the season. LC needs to utilize many valuable players and expand their coaching horizons.. look at changes in coaching philosophies..if it doesnt work give someone else a chance...dont just ride one pitcher till you break him..etc, encourage more players to come out to be a part of the team .. you never know the best players may be on your bench or walking the halls of your school...versus forcing them to leave. LC did well this year to have such a young team, but they need to work hard to be like the winning teams of the past.

Awesome Job to Noah Lambert and Brock Turner being chosen to all district team. Brock is an 8th grade who just recently turned 14..

to answer both you and your new best friend, i will just reply to your post. no coach has forced players to quit. no coach at all. players quit for their own reasons. the turner kid seems like he is going to be really good. the reason he wasn't up with the varsity all year could have been because he needed to play more and being up with the varsity may have meant less time early in the year. the way i always thought was that you give your veterans the chance first. i believe that was what the coaches did. that's fine. make changes when you need to. the regular season is for what? nothing. changes were made heading in to the post-season. one decision was to dismiss a certain player for things that were being done the entire year and finally the straw that broke the camel's back was him walking away from his team during a double-header to attend another school's prom. this is not debatable. i spoke to a few parents who were not too thrilled with his decision. this information was something nobody can debate as being untrue charlie. it happened. even though i was just told about it and didn't witness it doesn't mean it wasn't true. i'm sure the coaches told him this wouldn't be a great idea. he decided that those kids were more important to him.

as for "just riding one pitcher", what are you talking about? so you don't think that having steve blevins or chandler shepherd is an advantage? they shouldn't pitch as much as others? i'm not sure i understand this logic. the pitching staff this year was not the problem. the defense was OK. the offense struggled. why is that? well most of these starters had ZERO varsity at-bats coming in to this year. that could have been the problem.

too many parents and fans have more answers than the coaches. :eyeroll: fact is that next year should be a fun year for lawrence. i hope i get to watch a bit more of them than i did this year. a lot of young players should see time on the field next year and i'm sure they will produce. not to mention the younger middle school kids that are 2 years away from being up at the high school. and they are really good too.
I sure hope that Mr. Hustle wasn't implying that one player can prevent a loosing season? That is absurd, in my opinion. Not taking anything away from the kid, who played a good game, but I know of at least 4 other LC players who were just as capable of giving the same performance were they playing that position. LC has many talented players in their program. Unfortunately, due to many factors within the program this year, we didn't see many of them play to their full ability. I am hopeful that this year has taught many lessons, as it was a rebuilding year, and that is always tough on all involved.

And to say they are the worst Dawg team in 10 years? Didn't expect to hear that from you since your son was a part of it for most of the season. I feel a more accurate description would be they are the first of Coach Feltner's Dawg team, a young team with a young head coach, and all involved have a lot to learn. Last years seniors were the last of Coach Keeton's players & the end of his presence, so to speak, on the field. There is now a new Top Dawg and this is his dawg team. To compare Coach Keeton's dawgs with Coach Feltner's dawgs is unfair to the players. LC baseball is starting over & there will be up and downs along the way. This season started out on an up. I watched a few games early on & was impressed. Sadly, they ended on a down. This group of young men are some of the among the best LC has to offer, on and off the field. The dawgs will work hard during the off season & I look forward to next season.

Congrats to Paintsville on a game well played.
No facts, in no way did we state that a single player could save a season.We mentioned a young player hitting the stage at tournament time and doing a fine job. Just simply wondering where the kid has been and why he had not been given a shot? The other kid mentioned was a kid who was terminated early. My point is that when its tournament time you need all of your resources. The Senior player was dismissed for keeping a prom date with a bunch of kids he had gone to school with for 10 years.Anything else would be a lie. The dismisal was of cource a coaching decision. A coach must accept all responsibility the good and the bad. The buck kind of stops there. This Senior in his tenure at LCHS personally beat his former team on 3 occassions. The first was in 2011 with an RBI single against Jackson. Second a winning run scored in District finals to put the Dawgs into the Regional. The third game was in 2012 in which he had a 3RBI Double to prevent the sweep in the series. The non ptcher also pitched 3 innings in the 6-2 game. In the Regional of 2011 the player was 5-9 with 4 RBI's and 2 runs scored. He had the winning RBI against Belfry to put the Dawgs into the finals with Pikeville. He was 2-3 against the Panthers and scored 2 of the 9 runs. I was just thinking that the Dawgs could have used him against Paintsville.
Ike Cooter Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Charlie move his son from Paintsville to LC just to be part of a great baseball program? All is great when you are winning but everyone jumps off the band wagon and onto the critique train when you are losing. Don't bash someone just because they aren't coaching the way "fan coaches" think they should. That's a huge problem everywhere is that parents think they no more than coaches.

Not 100% certain on this statement but "I don't think theres a program in the history of sports who hasn't had a losing season". Someone with time to research can correct me if they find one.
Would ya like to hear the real reason Cootie?
:biggrin:Bet you would Bubba. Charlie Adkins started the Dynasty. Old Hustle played a long time before that. Hook really put the peg in the hole with you.You might check Grambling Football maybe one. One that is.
justfacts Wrote:I sure hope that Mr. Hustle wasn't implying that one player can prevent a loosing season? That is absurd, in my opinion. Not taking anything away from the kid, who played a good game, but I know of at least 4 other LC players who were just as capable of giving the same performance were they playing that position. LC has many talented players in their program. Unfortunately, due to many factors within the program this year, we didn't see many of them play to their full ability. I am hopeful that this year has taught many lessons, as it was a rebuilding year, and that is always tough on all involved.

And to say they are the worst Dawg team in 10 years? Didn't expect to hear that from you since your son was a part of it for most of the season. I feel a more accurate description would be they are the first of Coach Feltner's Dawg team, a young team with a young head coach, and all involved have a lot to learn. Last years seniors were the last of Coach Keeton's players & the end of his presence, so to speak, on the field. There is now a new Top Dawg and this is his dawg team. To compare Coach Keeton's dawgs with Coach Feltner's dawgs is unfair to the players. LC baseball is starting over & there will be up and downs along the way. This season started out on an up. I watched a few games early on & was impressed. Sadly, they ended on a down. This group of young men are some of the among the best LC has to offer, on and off the field. The dawgs will work hard during the off season & I look forward to next season.

Congrats to Paintsville on a game well played.
If you will kindly look at the KHSAA webb site and review the last 10 years of LCHS baseball you will find that there were two loosing seasons in the last 10 years. One in 2006 and one of cource this year. The reason I say that 2012 may be the worst is because that in my opinion the 06 team played a much tougher schedule. Of cource the coaching was much better which factors in as well. Coach Keaton was a wiz on the diamond.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:No facts, in no way did we state that a single player could save a season.We mentioned a young player hitting the stage at tournament time and doing a fine job. Just simply wondering where the kid has been and why he had not been given a shot? The other kid mentioned was a kid who was terminated early. My point is that when its tournament time you need all of your resources. The Senior player was dismissed for keeping a prom date with a bunch of kids he had gone to school with for 10 years.Anything else would be a lie. The dismisal was of cource a coaching decision. A coach must accept all responsibility the good and the bad. The buck kind of stops there. This Senior in his tenure at LCHS personally beat his former team on 3 occassions. The first was in 2011 with an RBI single against Jackson. Second a winning run scored in District finals to put the Dawgs into the Regional. The third game was in 2012 in which he had a 3RBI Double to prevent the sweep in the series. The non ptcher also pitched 3 innings in the 6-2 game. In the Regional of 2011 the player was 5-9 with 4 RBI's and 2 runs scored. He had the winning RBI against Belfry to put the Dawgs into the finals with Pikeville. He was 2-3 against the Panthers and scored 2 of the 9 runs. I was just thinking that the Dawgs could have used him against Paintsville.

charlie. please stop speaking in half truths. it was not just one thing that resulted in the dismissal. you know more than anyone all the other stuff. using a player who violates team rule after rule just to win a game? sometimes values and integrity come first, over any victory. i tip my hat to the coaches for making that decision. it was no doubt a difficult one. but do you honestly think that they didn't talk to this player time and time again before he WALKED OUT on his team? if you don't believe me, just ask anyone close to the team. this information came from someone that is extremely close to the situation.
lchsalumnus Wrote:charlie. please stop speaking in half truths. it was not just one thing that resulted in the dismissal. you know more than anyone all the other stuff. using a player who violates team rule after rule just to win a game? sometimes values and integrity come first, over any victory. i tip my hat to the coaches for making that decision. it was no doubt a difficult one. but do you honestly think that they didn't talk to this player time and time again before he WALKED OUT on his team? if you don't believe me, just ask anyone close to the team. this information came from someone that is extremely close to the situation.
Lummie frankly you are a liar or have been lied to. Either is the same. I do understand your lack of cerebral capacity. Realized that from day one. I would like to excuse your ignorance but it is getting old. Got a question for you Lummie. Surely a man of your caliber wouldn't mind responding. Do you believe that a player should be disciplined for making obscene gestures to females while in uniform in a formal setting ? If so how would that compare to a 15 min curfew violation that ended in a bunch of sprints in the sand for discipline and a team dismissal for going to a prom. Now we could go to sinero #2 but I would rather not. Sinero #1 recieved no discipline with the player playing in a state tournament.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Lummie frankly you are a liar or have been lied to. Either is the same. I do understand your lack of cerebral capacity. Realized that from day one. I would like to excuse your ignorance but it is getting old. Got a question for you Lummie. Surely a man of your caliber wouldn't mind responding. Do you believe that a player should be disciplined for making obscene gestures to females while in uniform in a formal setting ? If so how would that compare to a 15 min curfew violation that ended in a bunch of sprints in the sand for discipline and a team dismissal for going to a prom. Now we could go to sinero #2 but I would rather not. Sinero #1 recieved no discipline with the player playing in a state tournament.

attacking me isn't the answer. it may make you sleep at night but that still doesn't prove anything. downright shameful of you to try to compare other actions of players that are not even close. until you realize that walking out on your team compared to making a gesture is more severe, then you are the idiot.

do you want to know what i was told? tell me if it is true, if you have the truth in you. your boy told players that he asked about going to the prom in paintsville to the coaches. the head coach told him absolutely not, that he could leave after the 2nd game of the doubleheader was finished. then he plays game #1 that saturday and then walks to the locker room, packs up his stuff, and leaves without permission. that is, by definition, WALKING OUT ON YOUR TEAM. was he not warned about what his actions would cause? i believe so.

i don't expect you to understand. and i don't care. fact is that i may not have attended every game like you did, but i have a bunch more information from the inside than you do, while you just have your emotions telling you half-truths or lies.
Dont blame the coaches, the players were sick of this guy they voted him off. The coach made the mistake of letting him on the field last year. If he makes a easy play in state , Shep gets out of inning with no runs scored. He helped beat Paintsville a couple times but really was never a add for LC. Paintsville deserved to win, future looks bright for both clubs.
kdrn Wrote:Dont blame the coaches, the players were sick of this guy they voted him off. The coach made the mistake of letting him on the field last year. If he makes a easy play in state , Shep gets out of inning with no runs scored. He helped beat Paintsville a couple times but really was never a add for LC. Paintsville deserved to win, future looks bright for both clubs.

Travis took the kid last year because he did not have a third baseman. The rest of us aren't stupid! I guess he felt bad and dismissed him this year. Why did he wait two weeks before season was over to dismiss him this year. He didn't seem to have a problem last year.
As far as the crotch grab after the finals last year, it was the most CLASSLESS thing I have seen a player do in the fifteen years I have followed HS baseball. He should have been dismissed immediately! This reflects on the LC program. Don't think Randy would have let it happen. Oh yeah you run him off too!
Commanche Wrote:Travis took the kid last year because he did not have a third baseman. The rest of aren't stupid! I guess he felt bad and dismissed him this year. Why did he wait two weeks before season was over to dismiss him this year. He didn't seem to have a problem last year.

as stated earlier, the final straw was the prom of another school over playing a game with his current team. it was not a one incident situation like charlie is wanting people to believe. trust me. i wish i could disclose what i was told, but i swore to that person that i would not and i will keep my word. i will say that it did include behavior in and out of school and EVERYTHING was documented for proof. the kid was given every opportunity to do the right thing. he decided not to do so.

strangely enough, i was told that the coaches were torn over this decision. they didn't want to do it. it had to be done or they would lose the team. i guess there are some things you can overlook as a teammate, but walking out on them is not one of them.
Commanche Wrote:As far as the crotch grab after the finals last year, it was the most CLASSLESS thing I have seen a player do in the fifteen years I have followed HS baseball. He should have been dismissed immediately! This reflects on the LC program. Don't think Randy would have let it happen. Oh yeah you run him off too!

wow. and allowing your players to curse on the field is OK? i heard several pikeville players do that last year. i was sitting along the right field fence. i heard a lot. that is disgraceful as well.

as for the incident you and charlie bring up. it was tasteless. but reason for dismissal? come on. i am willing to bet that this player was severely disciplined after doing that.

oh, and keaton is NOT a god and was not perfect. sorry.
lchsalumnus Wrote:wow. and allowing your players to curse on the field is OK? i heard several pikeville players do that last year. i was sitting along the right field fence. i heard a lot. that is disgraceful as well.

as for the incident you and charlie bring up. it was tasteless. but reason for dismissal? come on. i am willing to bet that this player was severely disciplined after doing that.

Cursing on the field, are you serious! Compare that to running to the fence to the mothers of Pikeville players and grabbing your crotch! You must be kidding! Yeah he was punished by higher powers, misplayed fly balls all over right field in the State tourney. The STAFF did nothing.
lchsalumnus Wrote:wow. and allowing your players to curse on the field is OK? i heard several pikeville players do that last year. i was sitting along the right field fence. i heard a lot. that is disgraceful as well.

You know Lummie I don't know how much of what you say you believe and how much you are trying to convince yourself. At any rate
in the end the truth has a way of shining through. Don't ya think? Bye Bye Old Buddy.:biggrin:

I do want to step in this and say that nowhere was it said that Randy Keeton was perfect or a God, but I will say that I've known him for a fairly long time and he is one of the best baseball men that you will meet. He made Lawrence County baseball what it was. And you can't really compare cursing on a baseball field to grabbing your crotch in a gesture clearly directed towards an opposing team's fan section. Cursing happens in sports. I don't care what sport it is, people are gonna curse, that's just how it is. But how many times have you seen a baseball player make a gesture like we saw last year at the regional tournament while on the playing field? That does not happen.
Dear Charlie Hustle,

I have tried to be ignore your negative comments towards the LC coaching staff and players because I do sympathize with your situation. However, it seems that you are just going to continue with no end in sight. I do not feel that this forum should be used as a means of attacking anyone personally, especially a kid. Kids should be exempt from attacks by adults. We need to remember we were all kids once and they all make mistakes. Our job as adults is to teach them how to behave instead of setting a bad example. I had congratulated Ethan in an earlier thread and was hoping that his dismissal from the team would not be discussed any further on here. However, it seems that it not going to be the case. You have put other players, current and former, into this situation when they had nothing to do with it. You have also shown disrespect to the very team your son was once part of and you sang praises to on here. If you have a beef with the coaches, take it up with them. The players have nothing to do with this and do not deserve any of this. No one is above making a mistake, least of all a teenager. I am sure that Ethan, as well as others who have made mistakes, regret it. No one should hold a grudge against them. I know that myself and the parents that I have talked to have no hard feelings toward Ethan. You should not have any towards any of his teammates either Not too long ago, you were cheering them all on, remember? As for the coaches, agree or disagree for you are entitled, but show them some respect too. Not long ago you were the one who chose them to coach your son.

There were actually 3 players who had a curfew violation and all 3 received the same punishment, which was in no way harsh, so I am not sure what your point is here? Are you implying that the other 2 should be dismissed from the team? This is not the reason for your son's dismissal. Curfew violations have happened in the past and have always been met with running as a form of punishment.

Also, the incident as to you are referring from last year was followed up on by the LC coaching staff. The gesture to which you refer was actually a gesture used several years ago by professional wrestlers & was aimed at one particular person, not any females, with whom the player has a long relationship with. In hindsight, the player did realize that it was very poor judgement and was not thinking as to how it could be disrespectful to the females present as they were not the intended recipient of the gesture. The coaches deemed that although inappropriate, the intent was not what it appeared to be. FYI---The player was disciplined by the coaching staff. I believe it was you that said there is always 2 sides to every story. Maybe one should get all the facts before making a assumption. Players are always disciplined when doing wrong. Not sure why you have chosen to bring up this situation in comparison to leaving a game and going to a prom. Again I want to stress that I do not in any way condone the gesture that was made however after hearing all the facts, understand that the intent was not to violate any team rules.

With regards to leaving a game to attend a prom, that was viewed a direct and intentional violation of a team rule after receiving a warning as to the consequences of that action. He was told before the first game, which started at noon, that he needed to stay for the second game, which was starting at 3. The prom was not until later that night and the game would be over in time for him to attend. The LC coaching staff understands there are times when a player must be absent, but a social function has never been an excused absence for any player. This was determined to be a well thought out action with a clear intent to violate a team rule. It was not simply that he went to the prom, but that he deliberately disobeyed a direct order from his coach. Please understand that my intent isn't to make him look bad and if I were the coach, I would have issued a one or two game suspension instead of a dismissal. However, I am not the coach & it is not my place to criticize the decisions that he makes for his team. It is also not my place to criticize a player for their actions as that is to be left up to coaches and parents.

There have been many players who have been disciplined for various reasons within the program. Some have had to sit out a game, while others have had to run. The discipline is decided on a case by case basis as all situations are not the same. Also, bringing up the actions of one player a year ago as a means to excuse or lessen the actions of another player this year is something one would expect from a teenager. Also, trying to imply that other players should be dismissed from the team as well is in poor taste. It is up to the coaches to make all decisions for the team.

As I stated before, these are Coach Feltner's dawgs. It is his job to coach the team and decide what he feels is best for his team. It is my job as a fan, to support the team.

Again, I would like to congratulate Ethan on his signing and say that I wish him nothing but the best in his future.
kdrn Wrote:Dont blame the coaches, the players were sick of this guy they voted him off. The coach made the mistake of letting him on the field last year. If he makes a easy play in state , Shep gets out of inning with no runs scored. He helped beat Paintsville a couple times but really was never a add for LC. Paintsville deserved to win, future looks bright for both clubs.

This post is uncalled for. I am appalled that anyone would stoop so low as to make a statement like this. Not calling anyone a liar, but I doubt that Coach Feltner would leave a decision like this up to his players. Surely you have been misinformed.

As for the state tourney last year, how can you blame that on one player? There was more problems for LC than one error in that game.
Commanche Wrote:As far as the crotch grab after the finals last year, it was the most CLASSLESS thing I have seen a player do in the fifteen years I have followed HS baseball. He should have been dismissed immediately! This reflects on the LC program. Don't think Randy would have let it happen. Oh yeah you run him off too!

Oh as if sitting on a computer verbally attacking and constantly insulting others is classy. And I am pretty sure that Randy retired.
Commanche Wrote:Cursing on the field, are you serious! Compare that to running to the fence to the mothers of Pikeville players and grabbing your crotch! You must be kidding! Yeah he was punished by higher powers, misplayed fly balls all over right field in the State tourney. The STAFF did nothing.

Someone should get their facts straight. The staff did discipline. The gesture was not made to the mothers, although poor judgement inadvertently made them appear to be the intended recipient. And this player DID NOT play in right field at the state tourney. He only pitched 2 innings and was the DH. Two other players played that position. Wow you just insulted 2 kids who were out there on the field trying their best for no reason other than your dislike of all things Lawrence County.
Pupaw Wrote:I do want to step in this and say that nowhere was it said that Randy Keeton was perfect or a God, but I will say that I've known him for a fairly long time and he is one of the best baseball men that you will meet. He made Lawrence County baseball what it was. And you can't really compare cursing on a baseball field to grabbing your crotch in a gesture clearly directed towards an opposing team's fan section. Cursing happens in sports. I don't care what sport it is, people are gonna curse, that's just how it is. But how many times have you seen a baseball player make a gesture like we saw last year at the regional tournament while on the playing field? That does not happen.

There is no excuse in cursing on the field and that shouldn't be how it is.

Let's not just single out one team here. That is how we LC fans get into trouble. I have heard players from many teams curse. That is in no way excusing the behavior, but it isn't just one team.

Not sure anyone said Keeton was a god, but he was a fantastic coach.
lchsalumnus Wrote:to answer both you and your new best friend, i will just reply to your post. no coach has forced players to quit. no coach at all. players quit for their own reasons. the turner kid seems like he is going to be really good. the reason he wasn't up with the varsity all year could have been because he needed to play more and being up with the varsity may have meant less time early in the year. the way i always thought was that you give your veterans the chance first. i believe that was what the coaches did. that's fine. make changes when you need to. the regular season is for what? nothing. changes were made heading in to the post-season. one decision was to dismiss a certain player for things that were being done the entire year and finally the straw that broke the camel's back was him walking away from his team during a double-header to attend another school's prom. this is not debatable. i spoke to a few parents who were not too thrilled with his decision. this information was something nobody can debate as being untrue charlie. it happened. even though i was just told about it and didn't witness it doesn't mean it wasn't true. i'm sure the coaches told him this wouldn't be a great idea. he decided that those kids were more important to him.

as for "just riding one pitcher", what are you talking about? so you don't think that having steve blevins or chandler shepherd is an advantage? they shouldn't pitch as much as others? i'm not sure i understand this logic. the pitching staff this year was not the problem. the defense was OK. the offense struggled. why is that? well most of these starters had ZERO varsity at-bats coming in to this year. that could have been the problem.

too many parents and fans have more answers than the coaches. :eyeroll: fact is that next year should be a fun year for lawrence. i hope i get to watch a bit more of them than i did this year. a lot of young players should see time on the field next year and i'm sure they will produce. not to mention the younger middle school kids that are 2 years away from being up at the high school. and they are really good too.
The current staff does not and will not tolerate any fun what so ever. It is all about hard work, discipline and practice year around. Fun was little league this is serious business.