Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Boyd County 3/28
What a game to start your coaching career off with!!!
Paintsville travels to State power Boyd County Tue. to start the season!!
First year coach Tucker Howard has balls!!! LOL !!
But if your are going to play Boyd County!! IMO, The first game of the season is the best time!!
I would guess that both squads will throw at least (3) pitchers each!
Good luck to both teams, and Good luck to all!!
Good Luck to both teams! I shall have to be pullin' for my Boys in Blue!
You're right Guru, first game of the season is the best time to go ahead and play Boyd Co. I hope Paintsville does well in this one. Should be a good one to watch, I think Boyd Co. is ranked 9th in the state.
Coach Howard did not make a cupcake schedule this year, this will pay off huge for the Tigers come tourny time.
Any updates would be gladly accepted.
Boyd - 13
Paintsville - 1
blackcat Wrote:Boyd - 13
Paintsville - 1
Final or prediction?
jchsrulz Wrote:Final or prediction?
Game is played at Boyd County on Tuesday.
Pupaw Wrote:Game is played at Boyd County on Tuesday.
Thanks, I was confused! I didn't think they would fair that bad. BC will be a tuff opponent though.
Who's pitching for the Tigers in this game?
jchsrulz Wrote:Thanks, I was confused! I didn't think they would fair that bad. BC will be a tuff opponent though.
Who's pitching for the Tigers in this game?

I'd say Johnny Wholestaff will be on the mound.
something makes me think p-ville is gonna be strong this year they could very well be a district sleeper.
brotherinarms Wrote:something makes me think p-ville is gonna be strong this year they could very well be a district sleeper.

Pikeville is never a sleeper, they are always the best team in their district.
blackcat Wrote:Pikeville is never a sleeper, they are always the best team in their district.
Good point...but what does Pikeville have to do with Paintsville? Smile
Will be a good game for Coach and his crew to see how his young ball team is coming along, sure would like to see this game but work always seems to mess things up *lol*

Good luck Tigers today and throughout the season!!!!!
brotherinarms Wrote:something makes me think p-ville is gonna be strong this year they could very well be a district sleeper.

Paintsville is never a sleeper...
2000PHS Wrote:Good point...but what does Pikeville have to do with Paintsville? Smile

Smile I meant Paintsville.
Called on account of inclimate weather.
IISnakE Wrote:Called on account of inclimate weather.

Dang it...that stinks
It definately take "BALLS" to play baseball. Have to give the nod to Boyd County. :Thumbs:
who won this game
It was cancelled because of bad weather. Paintsville's JV and Boyd's JV play a doubleheader tonight starting at 5:30.
There was no double header tonight, only one game was played. Paintsville won the game 7-6 on a walk-off 2 RBI single by Dyllon Brown.
Give us details!
Paintsville jumped out to an early 5-0 lead in the 2nd inning. Tyler LeMaster started the game for Paintsville and pitched great. He allowed only 2 or 3 hits I believe, and he may have walked 1. He kept Boyd County's hitters guessing. Boyd County scored 3 runs off of Chris Caldwell. Caldwell came out in the 4th and Zach Vialpando came in. Boyd Co. scored 3 more runs off of Vialpando. The game went scoreless for a while. Then Jake Cyrus came in for Paintsville and threw the ball great too. He kept hitters off balance and allowed no runs in 2 innings of work. Mark Minix walked to start off the bottom of the 7th with Paintsville down 6-5. Seth Rice reached on a throwing error that went into the dugout, and moved to 2nd base while Minix moved to 3rd. Patrick Butcher came in to pinch run for Rice. Dyllon Brown came up and laced the 2nd pitch he saw up the middle for a 2 RBI single to win the game. Cyrus picked up the win on the mound. What a great way to start out the season for Paintsville's JV squad. Congrats!! Great effort shown by Boyd Co. they never quit.