Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 5 Mississippi State 1
Final.
Its extremely hard to find info for college baseball.

The No. 11 Kentucky baseball team clinched one of its best finished in modern program history with Thursday's 5-1 win over No. 21 Mississippi State. In the modern era of the SEC Tournament (1998-present), Kentucky has never made the semifinals before this season.

UK starter Jerad Grundy gave up one earned run on just four hits over six innings. He also struck out nine. Third baseman Thomas McCarthy led the Wildcats at the plate, going 4-for-5 with an RBI and three runs scored. Catcher Michael Williams went 3-for-4 with an RBI. The Bulldogs pitching staff hadn't given up more than three earned runs in its previous 20 games.

Mississippi State scored in the bottom of the first to take a 1-0 lead. Kentucky scored two in the third inning to take the lead and only added on. The Wildcats scored one in the fifth and put the game away with two more in the ninth. Hunter Renfroe went 2-for-4 to lead the Bulldogs.

Kentucky will get a bye and play Saturday, while Mississippi State's season will be on the line on Friday against LSU.
http://houston.sbnation.com/2012/5/24/30...pi-state-1
The cats are rolling right along.
They will now face the winner of the LSU/Miss St. game Saturday.
If they win that, they go to the Conference championship.
LSU and MISS both have one loss in the upper bracket and the loser will be eliminated and the winner has to be UK twice i think lol....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The cats are rolling right along.
They will now face the winner of the LSU/Miss St. game Saturday.
If they win that, they go to the Conference championship.
LSU and MISS both have one loss in the upper bracket and the loser will be eliminated and the winner has to be UK twice i think lol....

Unless its UK/Miss st again which i think i saw earlier that if MSU beats the cats one time they are done
^
Yea, i think once it gets down to the final four its one and done.
After reading the other story, it seems UK still has their top two pithcers waiting so we should be in great shape.
Looks like it'll be the Bulldogs of Miss St again tomorrow, Go Cats!
They deserve another whipping from the BatCats.
MVP2 Wrote:Looks like it'll be the Bulldogs of Miss St again tomorrow, Go Cats!

Did Miss St seriously knock out the great LSU?
If UK wins the tourney it would be extremely hard for the NCAA not to give the Cats a regional seed.
I think at this point were definitely getting to host a regional, but with a seed, it should be much easier.