Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat/Celtics Series
Thoughts/Predictions.

Celtics are my team but I really want to see Lebron get that ring to shut up all the haters. I'll be happy of either result of this series, and hopefully one of these two teams will be the NBA champs.

I'm going to pick the Heat to win in 5.

Game 1 Monday night.
Heat should win but I don't see them winning a title. The West is just to strong this year.
Pretty classy post MVP. Obviously everyone knows I want the Heat, but the Celtics and the Spurs can expose the Heat interior if Bosh does not come back. I think the Heat have the advantage in getting to the basket, but if the Indiana series was physical, this series may be the equivalent of the Bulls/Pistons of the 90's. Someone will get hurt in this series!
Strikeout King Wrote:Heat should win but I don't see them winning a title. The West is just to strong this year.

Heat had the winning record versus San Antonio and OK City in the regular season
Stardust Wrote:Heat had the winning record versus San Antonio and OK City in the regular season

They did. I'm not taking anything away from the heat, there a good team but the post season is the real season. We all know how those things play out.
^ That's fair. If the Heat can maintain what they have done in the last three games, there is no question that they are the team to beat. I think at some point, they must get an interior presence though. Honestly, there is no one in the final four that can match up against Lebron or Wade, they are the two best players in the playoffs right now. But if Lebron is forced to guard Garnett because of no Bosh, then he is going to wear down.
He also can't be missing shot's in the 4th quarter either Wink
Boston wins in 7!
I think Boston is just too banged up right now...but gosh I hope they win!

Dusty weren't you a Cavs fan before LeBron went to the Heat?
^ Yep
Stardust Wrote:Heat had the winning record versus San Antonio and OK City in the regular season

The Spurs didn't hit their stride until late in the season...

It all comes down to wins and losses but the way the Spurs have come on late , the fact that Manu was down for so much of the early season and the fact that Pop rested his 3 vets on a regular basis makes most of the Spurs' regular season a very badly labeled measuring stick IMO.

But the only way we know is when we watch em play.

I think the Heat wins this one in 5 and they go on to lose to the Spurs in 6.

However, if OKC makes it through I could see Miami dispatching them pretty quickly.
WideRight05 Wrote:I think Boston is just too banged up right now...but gosh I hope they win!

Dusty weren't you a Cavs fan before LeBron went to the Heat?

Nope, I was/am a Lebron Fan
Heat will never win untill Pat Riley comes back to coach them or Phil Jackson. That Clown they call a coach right now has to go.
^ Ahh, but no Heat fan! You call out all of the "Wides" with Highlands, but this is ridiculous! Now I won't be able to rub it in to you so much if the Heat lose because you're not really a Heat fan. Sad
^ I never lived in Miami or played for the Heat either Confusednicker:

I never called anyone "out" for being a Birds "fan".... Wink
Tailback44 Wrote:Heat will never win untill Pat Riley comes back to coach them or Phil Jackson. That Clown they call a coach right now has to go.

In the Best/Worst coaches, I put Spoelstra as the worst!:igiveup:
^ Just so you know, I did play for my team. Wink Will your allegiance to UK change with this great recruiting class gone?
No, I love my college teams. In the pro's, the leagues are star driven, not TEAM! Thus, you follow your favorite players. It's a fact of how the sports are marketed today. There are no commercials for the Miami Heat or La Lakers, there are commercials for Lebron and Kobe!
^ I would agree the league is star driven when it comes to marketing. Some franchises (LA, Orlando), will sacrifice anything as long as their superstar is pleased. But true fans are TEAM driven. I do like watching some players (Ray Allen, Bynum, Duncan, to name a few) but that doesn't mean I root for their teams every time they're playing, unless it's Miami of course Big Grin .
^ I honestly don't buy the "True Fans" stuff that everyone throws out so easily. I have a vested interest in the Reds and the Bengals because they are right here. They are a team that I can associate with. As for the NBA, that's out the window. I grew up loving to watch Julius Erving, thus I was a 6ers fan. I could never go to a 6ers game, I could never associate with any of teams events, thus I had no vested interest in them. I could not stand AI, thus I hated the 6ers during his time there. So no, if you are a fan of the sport in which you have no vested interest, their is nothing but "Bandwagon" fans, even if you like that team always! If you have no vested interest, then you are a wannabe fan that roots for some faraway entity.
Heat in 6
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Immediately, the Celtics are tying to take advantage of the Heat's lack of size
And immediately the refs are calling crappy techs. No calls when rondo is smacked in the head by James. While James is getting calls on jump shots when he's not touched.
ahhh smh
Bass just got smacked in the face. And then they call a phantom call for wade.
Ray Allen is killing me. Why is he holding the ball on fast breaks.
Garnett with the clean block on Lebrun called foul.
blah blah freakin' blah
Yes, the Refs took this one from the Celtics

[Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6WInHOxCuB4/Tt...-Right.jpg]
Sweep.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]