Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panther Thunder....Games on tonight?
i looked outside here in eastern kentucky just a couple minutes ago. skies look threatening for baseball. too much sun. will the games be played or will pikeville's turf field be too bad again tonight as it was last night?
This is the only negative about having a turf baseball field.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:This is the only negative about having a turf baseball field.

actually i wasn't referring to the turf temp. i was kind of making fun of the fact that the games were cancelled yesterday when there was very little rain for a very short period during the middle of the afternoon.
lchsalumnus Wrote:i looked outside here in eastern kentucky just a couple minutes ago. skies look threatening for baseball. too much sun. will the games be played or will pikeville's turf field be too bad again tonight as it was last night?

Another nice optimistic post from LCHS, nothing is a nice in Pikeville as it is in Louisa.

You brighten our lives and hearts with your optimism.
Commanche Wrote:Another nice optimistic post from LCHS, nothing is a nice in Pikeville as it is in Louisa.

You brighten our lives and hearts with your optimism.

so you agree that the games should NOT have been played yesterday? wonderful reasoning in the capital city of eastern kentucky.

two words of advice that will help you in the future: chill out.
lchsalumnus Wrote:so you agree that the games should NOT have been played yesterday? wonderful reasoning in the capital city of eastern kentucky.

Actually, he was calling you out for your smart ass remarks. They made the decision based on the radar showing more storms were targeted to enter the area about the same time as the games were to be played. The storms never materialized, not the first time and won't be the last time that happens. Certainly Louisa has NEVER done anything like that, right? You need to chill out as well, the games are still on.
^Whatever happened to showing up to play the games?
Calling off games based on a weather report is dumb and doesn't happen anywhere else to my knowledge. Sure they deserve a pass but again, show up to play like they do everywhere else in the world and you won't wind up with egg on your face like they did last night.
jetpilot Wrote:^Whatever happened to showing up to play the games?
Calling off games based on a weather report is dumb and doesn't happen anywhere else to my knowledge. Sure they deserve a pass but again, show up to play like they do everywhere else in the world and you won't wind up with egg on your face like they did last night.
I had messages from multiple people completely livid about the games being called off, Including players.

Yeah, it would suck if Johnson Central drove all the way here and had to turn around. But I bet they would rather take that chance, than to have to play 3 days in a row like they do now.

First the scheduling, now canceling last nights games. This is being horribly handled by the host school. And I have no problem admitting that to anyone in person, because everyone that knows me, know who I am on here. Nothing personal to anyone, but this is making us look bad.
Are they playing last nights games tonight?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I had messages from multiple people completely livid about the games being called off, Including players.

Yeah, it would suck if Johnson Central drove all the way here and had to turn around. But I bet they would rather take that chance, than to have to play 3 days in a row like they do now.

First the scheduling, now canceling last nights games. This is being horribly handled by the host school. And I have no problem admitting that to anyone in person, because everyone that knows me, know who I am on here. Nothing personal to anyone, but this is making us look bad.

Perry Central done that once. Got on the bus make the long haul to Estill, they got off the bus and it poured the rain
jetpilot Wrote:^Whatever happened to showing up to play the games?
I'm NOT saying they should not have played the games, just letting the LCHS person know why the call was made. Personally think it was idiotic to do.
lchsalumnus Wrote:so you agree that the games should NOT have been played yesterday? wonderful reasoning in the capital city of eastern kentucky.

No I don't agree with it, however you are about as annoying as anyone on here!

Maybe next year your team can get to region and you will chill out! Doubt it cause you are too dam ignorant!
Commanche Wrote:No I don't agree with it, however you are about as annoying as anyone on here!

Maybe next year your team can get to region and you will chill out! Doubt it cause you are too dam ignorant!

It's the water up there!!
Bob Seger Wrote:It's the water up there!!

maybe it is just the lack of your milk?

it is funny that i question the decision to cancel the games, and you all respond by attacking lawrence county. even saying things like "well if your team was here" type of comments. do you guys realize the last time lawrence was not in the 15th regional tournament? furthermore, if all lawrence had to do was beat shelby valley, east ridge, pike central, phelps, betsy layne type of teams to get in the region i think you would see lchs in there year after year.

but congrats to all the teams in the tournament. you earned it. lawrence didn't win. it happens. just like johnson central last year. but nobody from lawrence attacked them for not making it last year. i guess it is in the water. :eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:It's the water up there!!
:biggrin:
lchsalumnus Wrote:maybe it is just the lack of your milk?

it is funny that i question the decision to cancel the games, and you all respond by attacking lawrence county. even saying things like "well if your team was here" type of comments. do you guys realize the last time lawrence was not in the 15th regional tournament? furthermore, if all lawrence had to do was beat shelby valley, east ridge, pike central, phelps, betsy layne type of teams to get in the region i think you would see lchs in there year after year.

but congrats to all the teams in the tournament. you earned it. lawrence didn't win. it happens. just like johnson central last year. but nobody from lawrence attacked them for not making it last year. i guess it is in the water. :eyeroll:
First off, dont think for the first moment that I really give a tiddly toot about what ever stunt it is you are trying to pull here, because I dont!!:zzz:

It's like this alum, probably about 90% of the posts you make on here are of the uncalled for smart elleck nature to begin with, always directed at someone or someone else's program. What is it that you expect? I cant think of another poster on here that is more detested that what you are. Maybe you're a nice guy in real life, I dunno, but you sure dont try to get along with anybody else on here. And on top it all off, you are proven wrong about 90% of those times, as you rarely have the first clue as to what you ramble on about.

I guess we all were not blessed with the physical gifts that you are though. You know, like just looking at a ball flying through the air and then using nothing more than "common sense" to determine it's velocity. Truely some "great gifts from God" you have there alum............. I'll never forget that one.Confusednicker: