Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 10, Prestonsburg 8 (10 innings)
606sportsfan Wrote:Oh, almost forgot...Congrats Paintsville.:biggrin:

Thought I should clarify for those that miss the sarcasm...
I really DON'T wish Paintsville good luck. In fact, I hope they get beat tonight. That's how I really feel! Confusednicker:
606sportsfan Wrote:First let me start by saying I absolutely agree with all of the positive Coach Simpkins posts in this thread. He has taught my son more about the game of baseball and improved his skills more in the last 2 seasons than all of his years since t-ball, by any coach, including myself. In fact, I feel like Im a better coach by watching the guy from the bleachers. IMO He IS a great coach. BUT..I know all this because he coaches my son. I've been there, people like LCHSalumnus have not.

So I ask..what is wrong his post? I think the question is legitimate. Especially from someone who isn't associated with the program. I'm fairly new to this forum and don't post very often but it really does seem that most posts on this site (or at least in the HS baseball threads) are this politiically correct, nicey nice, let's say all the right things so we don't make anyone mad. Why can't we just post our opinions and ask the real questions we want answered without being accused of being a jealous, bitter troublemaker. By the way, maybe he is. I don't know him or care, my point is I wouldn't conclude that from the question.

This, again IMO is a great post and response to a valid question. This not only answered his question but probably informed a lot of people outside the program of Coach Simpkins acomplishments. Neither of which would have happened if the question was never asked in the first place.

Look, I'm not saying this should be Topix and I definitely understand that not all things said on here should be ignored but in this case and many others on here, everyone just seems way too uptight.

I read a thread here recently about the aparent lack of interest in the baseball forums. I'd say it's probably due the boring, let's stroke each other, posts one after each other. It is the threads like this one that interest people. If you have any doubt about that, just look at the amount of posts and views for this one, compared to most.

So for the sake of this site, I hope everyone continues to ask the real questions and post real opinions, while others respond with real answers, creating good debate.

Oh, almost forgot...Congrats Paintsville.:biggrin:

i really didn't mean anything negative. only posing a question. simpkins seems like a good guy. he seems to love baseball. that's all great. he had a great regular season this year. in my opinion, as an outsider looking in, he needs to at least get to the regional finals next year before people starting putting him in the elite status.

again, he seems like he is on a great path. just would like to see a bit more before i come to everyone else's conclusion.
606sportsfan Wrote:Thought I should clarify for those that miss the sarcasm...
I really DON'T wish Paintsville good luck. In fact, I hope they get beat tonight. That's how I really feel! Confusednicker:
Well 606 ya might want to check the KHSAA site. I believe you will find that the Tigers did in fact beat the Pitates. You do in fact have a shot at at tomorrow night. They will probably take one in the finals but then maybe not. A runner up would be a pretty decent finish for a basically JV player level team.Don't you agree?