Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) Kent State 7 - (2) Kentucky 6 (21 Innings)
Final

Kentucky had there chances but wouldn't be smart and play small ball
Does Gary Henderson not know in those situation when you have runners at the corners with 0 or 1 Out you play small ball? Bunting?
21 innings? That's one heck of a game! Wish I could have gotten to see it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Is UK done?
GARY, Ind. — Alex Miklos hit a go-ahead RBI triple in the 21st inning as Kent State outlasted Kentucky 7-6 on Friday night in the second-longest game in NCAA tournament history.

The Golden Flashes (42-17) held the lead in the ninth and 18th innings, but the Wildcats (43-17) answered both times to extend the game. It was the longest game in the NCAA tournament since Texas beat Boston College 3-2 in 25 innings on May 30, 2009.

Miklos came to the plate in the 21st having gone 1 for 7 and striking out three times. He hit a shot to the center-field wall that drove in Joe Koch with the go-ahead run.

The Wildcats got the tying run to third base in the bottom half of the 21st, but Thomas McCarthy struck out to end the game.

Michael Clark (3-4), Kent State's fifth pitcher, got the win after pitching 3 2/3 scoreless innings.http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...img|Sports
Something must be going on. Flynn didnt start last night and should have been used as a PH twice in the 8th and 9th innings, but Henderson PH with two players who had played very little this year. One who had a total of 3 AB for the whole season. He put Flynn in at some point but I dont think he planned to use him at all. Now today our best hitter, Luke Malie is not in the lineup. Was he injured last night?
Found out.......

Flynn has trouble with leftys.

Malie tweaked a hamstring.