Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodford County vs. Powell County (Round 1 - State)
6/4 8:30
Might end up being one of the better games of the tournament. People will most likely get a look at Clinton Hollon and see why he is rated by many as #1 pitcher in the nation in his class. I don't know if they will start him or go with Logan Parrett, who threw a great game in the regional tourney. How will Woodford hold up in their first ever trip to the state tourney? Powell has the Creech kid, if I'm not mistaken? Should be a fun one.
PHSForever Wrote:Might end up being one of the better games of the tournament. People will most likely get a look at Clinton Hollon and see why he is rated by many as #1 pitcher in the nation in his class. I don't know if they will start him or go with Logan Parrett, who threw a great game in the regional tourney. How will Woodford hold up in their first ever trip to the state tourney? Powell has the Creech kid, if I'm not mistaken? Should be a fun one.

I think the Creech kid that you are referring to goes to Wolfe Co.

I have two former teammates (Jack Wireman & David Couch) that I played ball with at Johnson Central that have sons (Matt Couch & Will Wireman) playing for Woodford, so I guess I'lll have to root for them.
I hope Powell has a good showing. The town is certainly excited about it!
Woodford county will make alot of noise in the state tournament.