Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Rivals Top 150 Players
I think the two situations are similar. Both coaches held the teams together and won. Williams had a couple of kids who wanted out but he convinced them to stay and play. Both he and Tubby did an excellent job coaching those teams.
venom93 Wrote:I think the two situations are similar. Both coaches held the teams together and won. Williams had a couple of kids who wanted out but he convinced them to stay and play. Both he and Tubby did an excellent job coaching those teams.

I'm glad you agree..Some people on here don't understand that :thumpsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roy didn't win it in his first year. It was his second. His freshman were his recruits. Tubby hasn't recruited ONE PLAYER that's even played in a final four....
venom93 Wrote:. We don't have the load of NBA talent like UNC does every year.

Would you like me to list you several reasons why?? Smile Smile
Yellow Snow Wrote:Would you like me to list you several reasons why?? Smile Smile

No thanks Yellow. it would just bore me to death like our offense does. Smile Ball line D for life baby!! Smile Hello D, goodbye blue chips.
venom93 Wrote:No thanks Yellow. it would just bore me to death like our offense does. Smile Ball line D for life baby!! Smile Hello D, goodbye blue chips.

Blue chips aren't everything..Tyrus Thomas wasn't ranked out of high school and neither was Adam Morrison..JJ Redick wasnt a 5 star recruit...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yellow Snow Wrote:Roy didn't win it in his first year. It was his second. His freshman were his recruits. Tubby hasn't recruited ONE PLAYER that's even played in a final four....

Most players were still Daugherties that got it done...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hahahah. Now that's a good'n....Smile Smile
^You did...
alfus21 Wrote:Blue chips aren't everything..Tyrus Thomas wasn't ranked out of high school and neither was Adam Morrison..JJ Redick wasnt a 5 star recruit...

The NCAA tournament has made Thomas. He was unknown until he went off in the tourney. He has unbelievable athletic ability. The problem with Tubby's recruits is that they never seem to get any better than they were when they first suit up. Tub has recruited "project" players and then doesn't develop them. When are Woo and Alleyne going to start producing? Sheray?? My guess...never.