Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 33 Burch Wv 1
This game wasnt very fun to watch. Belfry subbed in JV in 1st inning. They did let Aaron Chapman pitch 2 innings though just to let him get into the swing of things and he looked good he was throwing hard. Burch was just bad though had trouble catching a ball. Belfry tried not to run up the score but its hard to help it sometime.
That's shameful...People talk about what Shelby Valley did to David in basketball, but this is just as bad...If not worse...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree, anytime you score more then 20 runs in a baseball game.
Even scoring over 20 in a game is understandable, but 33-1 is just sad...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:That's shameful...People talk about what Shelby Valley did to David in basketball, but this is just as bad...If not worse...
No you have no idea Belfry tried. Im being so honest they were lobbing the balla nd it was so easy to hit. Our JV players played the whole game. Even if they did catch the ball their first baseman couldnt even catch it. I mean some of their players didnt even have cleats. It was the worse team I have ever seen and I mean Ive seen alot. I have honestly coached Lil League teams that could have mercy ruled them.
Belfry Wins Wrote:No you have no idea Belfry tried. Im being so honest they were lobbing the balla nd it was so easy to hit. Our JV players played the whole game. Even if they did catch the ball their first baseman couldnt even catch it. I mean some of their players didnt even have cleats. It was the worse team I have ever seen and I mean Ive seen alot. I have honestly coached Lil League teams that could have mercy ruled them.

I guess that is understandable. Sometimes there isn't anything you can do. I would never make my player purposely strike out.
If you heard about Tug Valley football program and their trouble last year with that coach then you will understand why the score was what it was. Hoffman is the baseball coach at Burch now and he is a joke. I mean honestly I coached a 9 year old kid before that threw better than their pitchers. I mean slow ground balls would be hit and they would miss it. What can you do to not run up the score? Stand there and not swing and wed get walked. We were swinging at bad pitches. We held runners at each base and even tried bunting and still couldnt get out. Coach talked to their coach about calling the game early but he wouldnt.
blackcat Wrote:I guess that is understandable. Sometimes there isn't anything you can do. I would never make my player purposely strike out.
Honestly only questionable thing Belfry did was leave their ace ont he mound for 2 innings. And he was trying to work on his curve ball is the reason for that. Belfrys fans was cheering for Burch even. Pburg SV or any team in our region could beat them like that. It was very sad to watch them.
Must have been as bad or worse as some of the old Feds Creek teams of the past...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Burch had 3 starters on the bench and 5 seniors that did not make the trip. According to WVSSAC (WV's counterpart to KHSAA) The 8 did not have the required number of practice days, and were not eligible to play. As for Burch it was listed as a JV game and the 8 other players will get their needed final day of practice Wednesday. Burch will play Hamlin on Thursday.Even with the 8 starters back, they are not expected to be great, but atleast a different team from what they showed tonight at Belfry
Hoffman is the coach and they will not be much at all. Most of their "best players" was there they just are bad. Im not joking our JV could have scored 100 runs on them. And alfus I was watching them and thinking I never figured Id see a team worse than some of Feds Creeks until now.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Hoffman is the coach and they will not be much at all. Most of their "best players" was there they just are bad. Im not joking our JV could have scored 100 runs on them. And alfus I was watching them and thinking I never figured Id see a team worse than some of Feds Creeks until now.

Wow...That's bad...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How can a team be THIS BAD!
alfus21 Wrote:Even scoring over 20 in a game is understandable, but 33-1 is just sad...

Mercy rule only applies when the game reaches the 5th inning. If they dont have enough players to field a team, Burch should have forfeited.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Mercy rule only applies when the game reaches the 5th inning. If they dont have enough players to field a team, Burch should have forfeited.

I'm well aware of the 5th inning mercy rule Smile, but I still question the score of this game...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I'm well aware of the 5th inning mercy rule Smile, but I still question the score of this game...

Well, keep questioning you wasn't there, you didn't see it. Hagy tried to get the game called but it's the 5th inning rule and their coach would -NOT- do it. I mean Hagy couldn't quit and just loose the game? He has class and that's why he respectfully went and asked Hoffman to call the game. No need to talk crap.

Good Luck Tomorrow Boys!!
belfrypirates00 Wrote:Well, keep questioning you wasn't there, you didn't see it. Hagy tried to get the game called but it's the 5th inning rule and their coach would -NOT- do it. I mean Hagy couldn't quit and just loose the game? He has class and that's why he respectfully went and asked Hoffman to call the game. No need to talk crap.

Smile When did I talk "crap"...I'm just saying I've played some bad teams before but we were able to keep the score better than this...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I'm well aware of the 5th inning mercy rule Smile, but I still question the score of this game...

Well, they put the JV team in in the first inning, what more could we do ??? Refuse to bat ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, they put the JV team in in the first inning, what more could we do ??? Refuse to bat ?

I don't know the situation, so I'm not going to say anything else about it, but sometimes these scores can be helped, but maybe this was a rare exception...I just wish it wouldnt have been this bad...Belfry has a bad history of beating teams like Feds Creek this bad...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I don't know the situation, so I'm not going to say anything else about it, but sometimes these scores can be helped, but maybe this was a rare exception...I just wish it wouldnt have been this bad...Belfry has a bad history of beating teams like Feds Creek this bad...

Dude...Just whatever ok....there is no reasoning with you. Do you even know "Belfry's History " ???..I highly doubt it...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I don't know the situation, so I'm not going to say anything else about it, but sometimes these scores can be helped, but maybe this was a rare exception...I just wish it wouldnt have been this bad...Belfry has a bad history of beating teams like Feds Creek this bad...

Trust me, there was no way around that one...I really felt sorry for Burch's team. If Hoffman is the coach, then I really feel sorry for them...
BelfryPride Wrote:Dude...Just whatever ok....there is no reasoning with you. Do you even know "Belfry's History " ???..I highly doubt it...

Why are you being so defensive? No need in being so jumpy about it with a big "whatever" Smile I also had no idea that this matter was something to "reason" over...And no I do not know waaay back into Belfry history, but I know the last 10 years of baseball, and how bad they've beaten Burch in the past, and how they used to beat Feds Creek...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is sad..Nice class on Belfry's part
You guys are killing me! I think my tee ball team could beat Burch.
I agree sometimes it can't be helped it sounds like Belfry did everything they could.
I was there. What more can you do than play 8th graders, swing on about every pitch, and stop on every bade?
Honestly they was nothing to be done. And Coach Hagey went out and met with the umpires and the coach for Burch and Hoffman (Burches "coach") would not stop the game.
Just to let you know abot him he coached football at Tug Valley last year and he had planned to run a 5-5 defense lol. Now that is just someone who dont know ball.
I promise you I played when Feds Creek was there and some of the worse Feds Creek teams ever could have beat these kids bad. The ball was probably comming over the plate at about 30 mph no joke.
Coach Hagy did everything possible to keep the score down, starting JV players, then putting in the 8th graders. The umpires wanted to game to come to an end but until the 5th inning, they could not end it. As soon as Burch's top of the 5th passed the game ended. Belfry didn't do anything to be blasted for. I know the score was totally BAD but what else could Hagy do?:rockon:
I think for one that this is a sad score. Belfry should have showed more respect than that for Burch. Poor kids
How can you show more respect? If the team is terrible, what can you do?
They pulled almost all their players in the first how could they show them any more respect. Yeah the score is sad but I don't think Belfry could of did much more to help the team out a little.