Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2013
Who's everyone's top teams in the Region?
1 - Hazard
2 - Letcher County Central
3 - Estill County
4 - Powell County
5 - Wolfe County
6 - Perry County Central
7 - Lee County
8 - Leslie County
9 - Knott County Central
10 - Jackson City

3-10 can be moved around
1. Hazard
2. Letcher Central
3. Powell Co.
4. Wolfe Co.
5. Estill Co.
6. Perry Central
7. Lee Co.
8. Knott Central
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Leslie Co.

I think Hazard and Letcher are the clear top 2 teams coming in. I do think though that the rest of the region will beat up on each other and cause a lot of changes. I even think we'll see a lot of improvement by some of the teams at the bottom of the region.
how do you have Powell and Wolfe above Estill? Estill returns almost everyone that played last year except maybe 3. Estill mercy ruled Wolfe last year and has owned Wolfe ever since I can remember The rest of it looks pretty good except 3-5, not being biased or anything just stating that Powell loses a lot but has a solid group coming up, Estill returns nearly everyone, Wolfe is good but they can't get over the hump and beat Estill. I could see Powell being over Estill but not Wolfe
I think after the first two teams it is a close race. I put Powell ahead of Powell because of the good young talent returning but mainly because of Coach Varney and his ability to coach this team up. As for having Wolfe ahead of Estill, I can see your argument and agree they could be flipped. I actually meant to put Estill in the 4 spot but for some reason did not and once I posted it didn't want to change. Both have the potential to have good seasons. Estill returns some good talent and Coach Sparks really coached this team to a great run this season. Wolfe also returns most of their team and have some good talent.
We're still looking for a pitching coach, who they get I have no idea.
Pitching is huge! To me that is what will make Hazard so tough this season. They have several good arms.
Estill will have some solid pitching, they actually return all of there pitchers just looking for a new pitching coach.
1. Hazard (Talent, Experienced Pitching, Leadership)
2. Letcher Central (Two Words BRIAN DEAN)
3. Powell (Lost 8, time for players to step up, also adding Austin Mullins)
4. Estill (Great Coaching, solid core of players)
5. Perry Central (Always in the mix, about time Perry gets back in the race)
6. Breathitt (Always a game people dread on the schedule)
7. Wolfe (Dylan Creech, the hype is over, last chance to impress)
8. Leslie (With a good draw they are in the region, Great youth coming up in the next couple of years)
9. Lee (Down since the lost of Gene Combs, time to get back to competing)
10. Jackson CIty (Gave people some trouble last year)
11. Cordia (Scrappy Team will beat some people this year)
12. Jenkins (Improving like everyone in the 53rd district except KCC)
13. Knott Central (3 coaches in 3 years,This team is heading in the wrong way down a bad path)
14. JBS (Young but will be climbing the list in coming years with a good coach)
15. Buckhorn (Team needs to pull together like in basketball)
dkrude Wrote:1. Hazard (Talent, Experienced Pitching, Leadership)
2. Letcher Central (Two Words BRIAN DEAN)
3. Powell (Lost 8, time for players to step up, also adding Austin Mullins)
4. Estill (Great Coaching, solid core of players)
5. Perry Central (Always in the mix, about time Perry gets back in the race)
6. Breathitt (Always a game people dread on the schedule)
7. Wolfe (Dylan Creech, the hype is over, last chance to impress)
8. Leslie (With a good draw they are in the region, Great youth coming up in the next couple of years)
9. Lee (Down since the lost of Gene Combs, time to get back to competing)
10. Jackson CIty (Gave people some trouble last year)
11. Cordia (Scrappy Team will beat some people this year)
12. Jenkins (Improving like everyone in the 53rd district except KCC)
13. Knott Central (3 coaches in 3 years,This team is heading in the wrong way down a bad path)
14. JBS (Young but will be climbing the list in coming years with a good coach)
15. Buckhorn (Team needs to pull together like in basketball)

I don't see a regional champion in the bottom of this region but I do see a lot of teams that will be much improved.
Jackson City returns most of their team from a 11-14 season and wins over Lee Co. and Breathitt Co. They will be a senior led team and can upset some teams next season.
Cordia was another young team but lost a huge piece of their team in Mullins which was tough on the mound and a very tough out for any team. However I do see Cordia causing trouble for teams next season.
Jenkins was very much improved and returns a lot from last season. Could make a run in the 53rd.
Knott won 17 games this past season but loses a lot. I agree inconsistency in the coaching vacancy could cause problems. This will be a young team next season and they need to get the hiring of the new coach right to turn this program back around.
Not sure about JBS! Didn't have a team last season. If they field a team this season it will be a tough start. They'll need to get the interest built up and need a good coach to lead the program.
Buckhorn only won 2 games last season and both was against Owsley. This was one of the youngest teams out there last season. They also return most of their team from this past season. Only up from where they were at this past season.
Owsley Co. was not able to pick up a win last season but they do have some good talent returning. I don't think they'll go 0 for the 2013 season.
1) Hazard
2) Leacher central
3) Powell
4) Estill
5) Wolfe
6) Breathitt
7) Leslie
8) Perry
9) Lee
10) Jackson city
Jackson City does have a huge Senior return and should not be over looked. 8 Seniors with a lot of experience.
Seniors are a big plus in any sport, along with pitching and defense. Can't wait for season to start should be an exciting region!
Hazard will be tough in 2013 along with Letcher & Estill. Powell will definitely have to rebuild a little but think they will be in the race also.Don't count Breathitt out either,Hamilton will be a very strong arm for them next year along with a few other solid players. Knott will be very young and will likely struggle due to lack of a whole lot of seniors. Jackson City with all those seniors will be a battle for some teams in the 14th.Seniors are a necessity to get out of the region due to their mental toughness and experience.Hazard needed more leadership and had a quality ball club but they weren't senior heavy.Hopefully they can overcome because they will still be young and they are loaded with talent.Looking forward to the 2013 season.
hazard will be senior led this year for sure. they return the entire team from last season and there are rumors that there is some talent still walking around the hallways that might come out and play and help out the bulldogs this season (not that they're gonna need any more talent). hazard is going to be tough to handle this year, they just need to focus in the post season and win the big games
We bring everybody back. We lost no one and neither did Hazard. I know it was last year, but I think we beat them pretty bad May 18th of last year. Just saying!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Hazard has the most talent coming into this season but I'm still not sold on how healthy Austin Johnson is going to be by the time the season starts. They have talent outside of him but IMO he is the most talented player in our region. In the end, experienced pitching is what will get them by.

Letcher is going to be even better this year I think. They are going to have a HUGE junior class and a couple good seniors. Letcher just can't afford for their offense to go stagnant like at the end of last season.

Also, cougarpride, was that sarcasm? I surely hope so...
A lot of people didn't want to include us in the picture. Saying Hazard is the best experienced team. I took offense to that. Nothing personal!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Letcher is certainly in the picture. It just seems like at times they are their own worst enemy. That should not discourage anyone from being able to see them taking this region though.
They have to believe in themselves. They have the talent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Coach dean will have lcc ready.They will be at the top
Looks like the Letcher/Estill game on March 29th will have to be rescheduled because Estill is playing in a tournament at Bryan Station on March 29 & 30.
I will get a hold of coach dean.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

1) Estill
2)hazard
3)letcher
4) powell
Letcher will have good rotation. That will help them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Hazard will be the team to beat in the 14th.
I dont see how they got lee county ranked 7th? they have beat leslie and have a good chance of making the regions tournament
i dont see estill as number 1 in the region. maybe hazard..... and how does everyone think wolfe is so good? they are good but not that good....the engineers lost 2-3 or maybe 5 but i predict in the championship game in the 56th districts will be estill and lee....
reds Wrote:i dont see estill as number 1 in the region. maybe hazard..... and how does everyone think wolfe is so good? they are good but not that good....the engineers lost 2-3 or maybe 5 but i predict in the championship game in the 56th districts will be estill and lee....

Estill is a top 3 team, maybe top 2 team in region. They return most of their pitching and all the hitters that done the most damage from last year..I have Hazard #1. Estill will also be a dangerous team in 2014. The only thing I wish is that Estill would play more region teams, Perry Central, Knott Central, etc. etc.

Looking forward to the Estill/Hazard game on March 30 @ Bryan Station High School.

I love basketball but I don't know about you all but I'm ready for some BASEBALL!!!!!!
I too am ready. This could be the year for the cougars. Pumped up fora little baseball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!