Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think that a middle school baseball team would be a good idea
I think it would i believe it would get more kids interested in baseball
i think a middle school baseball team would be good. it would give the highschools an advantage because they wouldnt be getting freshmen that dont know anything about the sport. Almost all of the players would be experienced which would be a big advantage.
It would be an excellent idea
Thats what junior league and pny league is for. There are all kinds of kids who want to play baseball, and if they only had one team for their school not all would get that chance. maybe its not that way in other counties but i see problems with it here in Martin Co. Just my opinion.
I agree with corndog... thats what little league, junior league, and pony leagues are for... so kids can get experience in Baseball and if they want to play in high school after that, great!
yes
The question would be.... could they play both middle school baseball and little league/junior league or pony league? Playing as much of the sport you love is never bad... BUT... little league does prepare them to play in their "older" years so to speak. It might be interesting to find out what the coaches in this area think of having a middle school league. What then would they do with all the 7th and 8th graders that they allow on the high school teams? Would they NOT allow them to play or would they keep playing up and not be allowed to play down? DANG... I was full of questions here!!! LOLOL.......
Paintsville has been playing Middle School baseball for the last three years!! It is great all-around!
Johnson Central has a middle school team with about 20 players... it will be great not to mention the new league the school has going that has almost 600 kids signed up...
I think it's a great idea, it's worked out well at Paintsville over the past 3 years.
middle school ball is a great idea, the more they play the more they learn the more they're better prepared for high school ball
Middle School sports are always a great idea...Simply because it allows kids more of an oppurtunity to play the sport and learn fundamentals, team aspects, game situations, and so on.

Middle School sports are the practice grounds for High School sports.
i like the idea and i think that they should have middle school baseball i know i would of played if they would of had it when i was in middle school...so yes they should heve it
jbs has a middle school team and i think it is a good idea
Like someone has already said, teams from Johnson Co. have benefited from it and I don't see why teams from Pike Co. can't do the same thing. It would be a great way to keep kids interested in the sport and out of trouble.
smoke_on1 Wrote:i like the idea and i think that they should have middle school baseball i know i would of played if they would of had it when i was in middle school...so yes they should heve it

Exactly! I think because my school didn't have a middle school baseball program is the reason I didn't play high school and focused most of my time on basketball.
it couldent hurt
no b/c a lot of middle school kids play for their high school team
If you look, most of the best players in the 15th either came thur a Little League, Pony League or middle school program. Proof that the more available game time at the younger ages results in better players at high school age.