Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Area 51
It was cool to see a story the other day about a new galaxy just found that changed the way scientist think about the stars and everything.
This would have been huge news years ago, but in todays world with twitter and facehook i can see why its not.

Anyways, ill see if i can find the story, but there is a star, much, much, much large than our entire galaxy that was classified as dead but is still creating other stars at a rate of liek 1 per week where as most huge stars are only like 1 per year.

Its an amazing read.
I don't think we're alone in the universe, at all. For someone to think that we are is just crazy I think. Also, the whole time travel thing isn't as far fetched as it sounds. What NKY said about "if it was possible, wouldn't it have already been invented", is just crazy I think, lol. We invent new things every day. It's not about when it will be invented really, it's about when we can develop the science to the point where a program is plausible.

The whole Area 51 thing...I don't think it has much to do with extraterrestrial life. It's a base where aircraft are developed, I think it's as simple as that. When I lived out west, a friend, my cousin and I visited a gate and rode our dirtbikes outside the perimeter until the signs got fewer and fewer and there was danger of crossing into a spot where we would've been scooped up, but I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe it's anything other than a top secret base really. Not to mention the awesome riding terrain up there. Still, just because of how famous it is, it was still pretty cool to visit.

Now, for those who don't know about it, check out Dugway Proving Grounds, Utah. Called Area 52 by alot of people...
Also, I wouldn't advise anyone riding in the area of Dugway, considering it used to be used for chemical and biological weapons testing, not to mention alot of nasty stuff you don't want even a chance of touching. Probably not a big chance to get into anything like that, but just in case, lol. The Army has been known to test off base in the desert around the post.
Wright-Patterson......area 53?????????
:popcorn:
^^Lol, Probably...that's been a weird place as well.
I live in Area 51
Granny Bear Wrote:Wright-Patterson......area 53?????????
:popcorn:
Hanger 18?
Among some other things
I watched a documentary the other day and the claim was that the moon was a very colorful place with almost all of the colors included. Why then did the astronauts on the first moon landing claim that the moon looked like plaster of paris and devoid of color? Also whenever you see a government picture of the moon,why are the stars blacked out? Why,after the first three tmes we went to the moon have we not went back? If you've ever looked at the anomalies that trailed the lunar module,circled it and made many twists and turns that obviously showed intelligence in thier manuverablity (sp),then you have to come to the conclusion that there are either another country in space that is more advanced than we are or that there are other intelligent life forms out there. Some people believe the moon is inhabited by aliens. After seeing this documentary,I'm not so sure that there isn't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not to get off topic.. but since the rover curiosity landed on august 6th this year, I have kept up with the pictures NASA releases..

I have also noticed that they have blacked out a lot of the pictures for some reason. Very strange. It's like there are parts of the picture they do not want us to see.
Ballers Wrote:Not to get off topic.. but since the rover curiosity landed on august 6th this year, I have kept up with the pictures NASA releases..

I have also noticed that they have blacked out a lot of the pictures for some reason. Very strange. It's like there are parts of the picture they do not want us to see.

Do you have a link to the pictures you referenced? Any ones that I have seen have been unedited.
Everytime i see a picture from Curiosity, its not the actual surface of mars, its either a pic of mars seen from outside the planet or a bad looking black and white photo.

There saying its already collecting things they havent been able to before.

Another great thing is that the voyager satelites that took off, in opposite directions are now 13 billion and 9 billion miles away from Earth.
Voyager 1 is on the outside edge of the milky way galaxy and its going to be exciting to stuff weve never seen outside our galaxy.
yea check em out on cnn.com.
Ballers Wrote:Not to get off topic.. but since the rover curiosity landed on august 6th this year, I have kept up with the pictures NASA releases..

you mean this one?
[Image: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...3KYxywZXrg]
or this one?
[Image: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...VixYb3qozB]
[Image: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...1RzeZg25jE] Wall-e is that you?
Love bigfoot on Mars!!!!
the big fella gets around
^
Cant believe those guys that took the original pic of big foot didnt tell anyone they were on mars at the time.
That completely changes the game. Now its believable.
exactly
Had some great discussions here so I'm bumping it up!
I loved hearing zagas input, he's a strong Christian.
They have found a new world.. I forget what it's called now.
Ill update the thread or you can google it.
Really cool stuff!
The reason I say zaga is a strong Christian is because ( not to bring up religion, so lets not go to this ) but what if God could not put so many on one planet?
I know it's a lot of what ifs.. But science stands its ground.
Don't know about the rest of you but if I see something like this I am crapping my pants and running and screaming like a little girl and in no particular order.
I just looked up that video on YouTube. LOL
Do-double-gg Wrote:Don't know about the rest of you but if I see something like this I am crapping my pants and running and screaming like a little girl and in no particular order.

C'mon do-double...a six pack of pbr and a bag of reeses pieces and you'll be good!

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I totally believe there is life out there in the universe. Just the amount of stars and potential planets are astronomical, pardon the term lol, and even if just .5% had life, we would be talking millions of planets with life. And as far as the distance being immense between ourselves and planets capable of supporting life, civilizations that may be millions of years older than us would have technology that we couldn't even imagine, like creating wormholes so that travel isn't from "A-B" but bending "A" to meet "B" making the trip much quicker and shorter. Of course wormholes and such are just theories but at one time so many other things were too. Like they said in the movie CONTACT about life in the universe, if there isn't any other life other than here on Earth, would be an awful waste of space.
Love some of the ideas being thrown around in this thread. Like a lot of you, I completely believe in other intelligent life in the universe. To think that we are alone in this huge universe to me, is asinine and very egocentric.
So you are pretty sure there is intelligent alien life. So, what about UFO sightings, under water bases, wormholes and time travel?
Granny Bear Wrote:So you are pretty sure there is intelligent alien life. So, what about UFO sightings, under water bases, wormholes and time travel?

You forgot alternate dimensions...

:dudecomeon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi