Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Softball
they are 4-0 right now,are they regional contenders i dont know the softball scene in the 15th region some info please
What 4 teams have they beaten?
Pike Central , Sheldon Clark , Betsy Layne , and West Carter
those are the 4 of the weakest teams in eastern ky. they need a win over say a jc,lc,er,sv,fairview,boyd,pikeville to get some respect.
Good Luck Girls!
dawgbyte02 Wrote:those are the 4 of the weakest teams in eastern ky. they need a win over say a jc,lc,er,sv,fairview,boyd,pikeville to get some respect.
Ill agree. but 4-0, is 4-0...
well a win is a win... and congrats to michaela howard hitting her 1st homerun this season (7th in 2 years) at betsy layne. and Jade almost had it out last night at west carter!!!
the only team magoffin beat in the district last year was sc.If you play a weak schedule you will be a weak team against good competition.
They are definitly not a weak team.
Last year in their only meet LC beat Magoffin 6-0 Can Magoffin hold up against LC and JC ?
Magoffin Softball is improving each year. Not only are they getting better at the plate, but their fielding is improving as well. This team, which has only two seniors, will be the team to beat this season.
No offense, but I think they still may be a bit behind the likes of SV, ER, and Pikeville for right now..If they beat one of those 3 then I'd consider them a region contender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it seems like a lot of the fastpitch teams in eastern ky have improved.magoffin is no exception but they have some very good competition coming up that will define their strong or weak parts of their game.
flamethrower Wrote:it seems like a lot of the fastpitch teams in eastern ky have improved.magoffin is no exception but they have some very good competition coming up that will define their strong or weak parts of their game.

Magoffin is obviously athletic, but pitching and defense have been Magoffin's Achilles heal in the past. If it has not improved, they will struggle to beat JC, Lawrence, or Paintsville.
MCHStennischic Wrote:They are definitly not a weak team.
morgan county-9/magoffin-0.morgan is a well coached team that plays in a very competitive fastpitch region.looks like mc found a stronger team to play
5/6th best team in region behind (no order) ER, SV, Pikeville, JC...toss up with Lawrence.
flamethrower Wrote:morgan county-9/magoffin-0.morgan is a well coached team that plays in a very competitive fastpitch region.looks like mc found a stronger team to play
NO matter what the score is...i said they weren't a WEAK team and they are not!..pay attention...:ChairHit:
flamethrower Wrote:the only team magoffin beat in the district last year was sc.If you play a weak schedule you will be a weak team against good competition.

Didn't they beat Paintsville in the district tourny last year?
2000PHS Wrote:Didn't they beat Paintsville in the district tourny last year?
they did beat phs in district play 8-4,regular season they lost to phs 5-4.I predict that magoffin or paintsville are the sleeper teams in the district and one of them will win the district and play for the 15th region championship.lc travels to magoffin on tues.4/11 and magoffin will mercy them in 3 innings 15-0.lc will not be able to handle magoffins pitcher or their batting order which any of them can hit homeruns at anytime.the pitcher is one of the best in east ky with almost a perfect game everytime she takes the mound.
Tin Cup Wrote:5/6th best team in region behind (no order) ER, SV, Pikeville, JC...toss up with Lawrence.
lc travels to mc tues.4/14 for a district game that should clear the murky district water a little.
flamethrower Wrote:morgan county-9/magoffin-0.morgan is a well coached team that plays in a very competitive fastpitch region.looks like mc found a stronger team to play

Sounds like Morgan Co must have some good pitching or was Magoffin having a rough night at the plate??
flamethrower Wrote:they did beat phs in district play 8-4,regular season they lost to phs 5-4.I predict that magoffin or paintsville are the sleeper teams in the district and one of them will win the district and play for the 15th region championship.lc travels to magoffin on tues.4/11 and magoffin will mercy them in 3 innings 15-0.lc will not be able to handle magoffins pitcher or their batting order which any of them can hit homeruns at anytime.the pitcher is one of the best in east ky with almost a perfect game everytime she takes the mound.
Nice!:thumpsup:
Everyone must remember that 6 of magoffin's 9 starters played basketball and that they have had very little practice. It will take until the middle of april before these young ladies hit their stride in softball. Magoffin hit the ball hard at Morgan co. but the defense was a little rusty. It was a great game but the score doesn't show that. Morgan Co. is a great team, good pitching, good hitting, and good defense.
BUNDY Wrote:Everyone must remember that 6 of magoffin's 9 starters played basketball and that they have had very little practice. It will take until the middle of april before these young ladies hit their stride in softball. Magoffin hit the ball hard at Morgan co. but the defense was a little rusty. It was a great game but the score doesn't show that. Morgan Co. is a great team, good pitching, good hitting, and good defense.
morgan county finished 12th out of 16 teams in the 16th region in 05.they graduated 1 player and will finish about the same.
I think Ashley Jade and Bryanna Punky Marshall both just about put it over for Mc. I have been to some of Mc games this year and have seen a lot of good hitting out of these girls so i hope to see Michaela put some more over and hope to see some of the others girls hit it over the fence.
sportsfan Wrote:I think Ashley Jade and Bryanna Punky Marshall both just about put it over for Mc. I have been to some of Mc games this year and have seen a lot of good hitting out of these girls so i hope to see Michaela put some more over and hope to see some of the others girls hit it over the fence.
I don't even know why they make these other teams play magoffin .they should just give them a 1st round bye in the state tournament and go from there.
Does Magoffin have Pikeville, East Ridge or Shelby Valley on schedule? I didn't see these teams on their schedule, but I might have simply overlooked it. I have seen both Paintsville and Johnson Central play...Magoffin had better be as good as many of these posters are saying if they expect to beat either of these two teams.
lc travels to mc tues 4/11.this game will tell the story on both teams.lc and mc have both played west carter.mc won 16-5 in 7 innings and lc won 15-0 in 3 innings with no west carter player getting past first base.stansbury walked one batter or would have had a perfect game for lc.mc will not have a cake walk and if they make any mistakes the ladydawgs will chew them up like a rawhide bone.
Magoffin does have a weak schedule but they are still playing good, we will see how it turns out later in the season.
flamethrower I know that Magoffin Co hasn't got the hard sche for the year and i guess you want everone to know that your team is number one. I was just on here talking about the girls hittin good and just look back on my post and see that i never said that the girls was the best around i was just talking about how well that they was hitting. You don't have to be the number one team to get on here and talk about your team. Just remember that any team can have a off night and get beat.