•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Exactly. There is something strange about somebody who spends so much time online and still inserts apostrophes to form plural nouns. I think that vector is just trying to stay in character to make it more difficult for anybody to connect him to another screen name. In all of the years that I worked in the mining industry, I never met a coal miner as liberal as vector - and that includes all of the miners who I know in Floyd County. Confusednicker:

that's because ther is very few union coal miners left they want to leave
everything up to the company they work for then when the company's file
bankurpt they can't do that if you have not got a contract you an't got
shit
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Exactly. There is something strange about somebody who spends so much time online and still inserts apostrophes to form plural nouns. I think that vector is just trying to stay in character to make it more difficult for anybody to connect him to another screen name. In all of the years that I worked in the mining industry, I never met a coal miner as liberal as vector - and that includes all of the miners who I know in Floyd County. Confusednicker:

and another thing ronald reagan converted us republican's to the democrat
party
vector Wrote:that's because ther is very few union coal miners left they want to leave
everything up to the company they work for then when the company's file
bankurpt they can't do that if you have not got a contract you an't got
shit
How's that strategy working for the UMWA members? How does the membership of the UMWA today compare to the membership in 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, and 2010? What about the share of the total coal mining labor force, has the UMWA gained or lost share over that period? If you have no job, you have nothing and thousands of former UMWA found out the hard way that unions led by thugs like Sam Church and Richard Trumka do not create jobs, they destroy them.
vector Wrote:and another thing ronald reagan converted us republican's to the democrat
party
Sorry, I don't believe that you were ever a Republican - at least not one who would have ever supported Reagan. I know that people switch parties but the trek from a Reagan Republican to an Obama supporter is a long fall.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Sorry, I don't believe that you were ever a Republican - at least not one who would have ever supported Reagan. I know that people switch parties but the trek from a Reagan Republican to an Obama supporter is a long fall.

WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY busted the unions
even if you worked non union you had the threat of
the unions that is what has happen to the middle
class wait till the rep party gets rid of all the unions
which they are working on right now now you got people
working alot longer because they have no pension or
medical insurance the middle class was alot better when
we had alot of union members
SKINNYPIG Wrote:There's something VERY ODD about this vector dude/gal. It's like he/she is intentionally typing and spelling in a certain way, as a way to hide something. Odd verbage indeed.

It's all just an act. For the life of me I cant figure out why all of you guys keep responding to his posts.
Bob Seger Wrote:It's all just an act. For the life of me I cant figure out why all of you guys keep responding to his posts.

Point taken.
vector Wrote:WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY busted the unions
It is too bad that there are still so many slow learners among UMWA coal miners who blame everybody but the union thugs who represent them for their declining share of the workforce. I worked for 5 years at UMWA operations during the 1980s. I also worked my way through college in and around UMWA mines during the late 70s. Union miners were much better during the Reagan years and even during the Carter years than they are today. You are the enemy in Obama's War on Coal and you plan to vote for him anyway. What does that make you?
Bob Seger Wrote:It's all just an act. For the life of me I cant figure out why all of you guys keep responding to his posts.
You make a good point but the quantity and quality of liberal posters on this website is not exactly a target rich environment and I prefer debating politics to discussing current events with people who agree with me most of the time. There are better ways to spend time with friends. :biggrin:

The Don Quixote syndrome. Just love tilting at the ignorant windmills of [Image: http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/bnw7w1XEqFs/mqdefault.jpg] and his tiny toilet:trolldad2:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You make a good point but the quantity and quality of liberal posters on this website is not exactly a target rich environment and I prefer debating politics to discussing current events with people who agree with me most of the time. There are better ways to spend time with friends. :biggrin:

Which leads to the next question. Does such a thing exist?:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Which leads to the next question. Does such a thing exist?:biggrin:
A fair question. The fact that millions of people will vote for Obama says more about the character and intelligence of his supporters than it does about President Food Stamps. Our two resident leftists are probably fairly representative of Obama voters overall, IMO. :biggrin:
vector Wrote:WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY busted the unions

During the time period you're talking about America's industry was in full stride. We needed power plants, bridges, dams, the national interstate highway system, refineries, steel mills, supertankers, all kinds of vehicles and aircraft, banks, stores, hopitals, schools, housing, etc. etc. We needed adequately trained artisans to meet the construction demands of the day. Once the building spree caught up with demand, work tailed off due to lack of demand. Sometime after that, the dems started pointing fingers at republicans blaming them for the slow down. It was nobody's fault, of course, we just got temporarily caught up. Now, America is standing at a fork in the road. Much of our country's aging infrastructure needs repair or replacing.

The problem is the boom that followed the end of WWII is over, and the financing needed for upgrades has become a problem. Politicians have encouraged the developement of the largest welfare state in the history of mankind. Which, has caused the US Treasury to dwindle, as we passed out the billions in domestic and foreign aid. Domestically buyng votes, and off shore aid to influence the leaders of world powers, thusly buying our foreign friends. Buying votes at home and friends abroad, has placed the sacrifices American soldiers and citizens from the days of our founding fathers to present day, in extreme peril. The demand for infrastructual upgrade is here, but the funding is not. The liberal has bowed at the feet of the lazy, encouraging them to depend on government for life's needs, and economic growth has gone the way of the do-do. Another perennial power player among employers, the US Armed Services, are slashing personnel left and right, further adding to America's financial flounderings.

Ah, would that it were so simple. Darn that Ronald Reagan. He fired a few aircraft controllers who wanted to hold the whole nation hostage for their own selfish and unreasonable demands, and caused all of our present day problems. It's not a supply and demand issue, we just have not yet organized the entire nation into a union! If America unionizes into say, the 'everday man's national union', or maybe even the 'brown shirts union of America'. We could get Obama to sign a contract saying we don't have to do a thing from here on out, and the government can just send us all a big check to the house every week. The fed can keep printing money and we can all just sit back and spend it like there aint no tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ How do you reconcile that the republicans try at every opportunity to do away with unions? It's a fact that you can't deny. It's pretty easy to not care now that you're retired, I guess.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ How do you reconcile that the republicans try at every opportunity to do away with unions? It's a fact that you can't deny. It's pretty easy to not care now that you're retired, I guess.

Simple, some unions have pushed their demands for benefits too far. As I have said time after time, I am thoroughly pro union. I believe unions made an irreplaceable contribution to America all the way back to the days of the colonists. And I believe if America survives your hero's insanity, they will be called on to step up and do it again, and soon. The union professional at work, meeting the challenges presented by big time construction, is just as powerful an image to me as a heart surgeon plying his art, or a general commanding his troops.

ARTICLE---The union was created in 1881 by a convention of carpenters' unions led by Peter J. McGuire, who served as the General Secretary of the new union for its first twenty years and its only paid officer for much of its first decade. The Brotherhood was only one of several carpenters' unions at the time: the Amalgamated Society of Carpenters and Joiners, a British union, not only had a number of locals in the United States, but had formally affiliated with the AFL as well, while the United Order of American Carpenters, the Knights of Labor and local organizations of German and Irish carpenters defended their own claims to represent the carpenters in their areas. The Brotherhood slowly absorbed or eliminated these rivals, adding the word "United" to its name as a condition to its merger with the United Order.
END ARTICLE

As you can see, carpenters literally built this land and trace their roots all the way back to England. (I can't imagine why they didn't mention the fitters) It was only during the last few decades that union members, due partly to shortsighted leadeship, and partly to naive benefit expectations, have left the path. I never thought union labor was ever overpaid hourly but, the retirement packages associated with the UAW and government unions overreach. Some of those packages are unbelieveable. Free health care from retirement to death, and a king's ransom by way of monthly annuity. Although I feel the carpenter pension is adequate, IMO it is still down to earth enough so that it does not overreach. Being a union craftsman has been one on my fondest achievements. I was proud as a peacock of those stripped bibs when I started in the field back in the 60's. And the buildings I built, or supervised the construction of, are among the things of which I have been most honored to be a part.

However, when unions struck their unholy alliance with politicians, they shook hands with the devil. They need to stay on the horse that 'brung them'. Skilled labor mingled with character is what we barter with. The behind the scenes machinations such as those with the likes of Trumpka and Obama have stripped the nobility for which organized labor was once known, from the face of unionism. It's a shame and we need to put some distance between us and the District of Columbia. BTW, it's just one more example of vote buying by the dems. I am proud to say mine was never for sale. I vote my conscience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Yet it's republican politicians(think the governors of the two states who recently did away with collective bargaining in their states, and many others), and your very own former governor who tried to bring KY to a "right to work" state. Even your cohort on this site would love nothing more to see unions die, and has said as much. Did you pound the Frankfort pavement with us during Ernie's tenure, while he was trying to turn this state around, or did you take up for his actions? Like I said, you are retired and it's very easy for you to vote for people that try to kill us.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Yet it's republican politicians(think the governors of the two states who recently did away with collective bargaining in their states, and many others), and your very own former governor who tried to bring KY to a "right to work" state. Even your cohort on this site would love nothing more to see unions die, and has said as much. Did you pound the Frankfort pavement with us during Ernie's tenure, while he was trying to turn this state around, or did you take up for his actions? Like I said, you are retired and it's very easy for you to vote for people that try to kill us.

It blows my mind how you can come up with such a short-sided response to TRT's post. Makes me wonder if you even read it.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Yet it's republican politicians(think the governors of the two states who recently did away with collective bargaining in their states, and many others), and your very own former governor who tried to bring KY to a "right to work" state. Even your cohort on this site would love nothing more to see unions die, and has said as much. Did you pound the Frankfort pavement with us during Ernie's tenure, while he was trying to turn this state around, or did you take up for his actions? Like I said, you are retired and it's very easy for you to vote for people that try to kill us.

Do you ever know what you're talking about? Scot Walker didn't "do away" with all collective bargaining rights in Wisconsin. He did limit some of the lamer ones, but the health of the affected unions is better since the nominal limits were applied. Unions don't always get what they ask for in negotiations, things change and that's why unions renegotiate every 2-4 years or so. I have already said that I have a certain contempt for non-labor associated unions such as government worker unions. I can't answer for Fletcher's actions and really don't care to. Logic dictates the rise in unions and union membership will naturally erode collective barganing positions. Everybody can't be in a union, or unions would become inaffective. When one attains something special like union membership, it ceases to be special if everybody is allowed to join or have a part of it. Savvy?

I take exception to your remark. I walked the pickett and stayed out on strike to the detriment of my own family to support my union convictions. Where I differ from people like you is in knowing that just because the union is pushing some concept or position doesn't make it right. And ultimately, unions lose the respect of those they are trying to bargain with, because they blow so much smoke. The guy sitting across the table isn't stupid and he isn't scared. A little respect and honesty wouldn't hurt at the barganing table. To get respect one must give respect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SKINNYPIG Wrote:It blows my mind how you can come up with such a short-sided response to TRT's post. Makes me wonder if you even read it.

He always picks out something trivial to derail lucid thought, it's a tried and true tactic of the left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SKINNYPIG Wrote:It blows my mind how you can come up with such a short-sided response to TRT's post. Makes me wonder if you even read it.
He supports republicans, and they are 100% against unions, and do everything in their power to destroy them.
TheRealVille Wrote:He supports republicans, and they are 100% against unions, and do everything in their power to destroy them.

Surely you can at least agree that there are several unions that overreach. Some of the stuff I've read about pensions, benefits and other things do need addressed. Teachers getting liposuction, nose jobs and tummy tucks while their average salary is 76k is a bit much, right?
TheRealVille Wrote:He supports republicans, and they are 100% against unions, and do everything in their power to destroy them.

Maybe if unions didn't blindly support the dems and publicly vow to vote with them or die. You might get a little love. There are some great men and women representing the republican party right now. Meanwhile, the dems tout Confusednicker: Nancy Pelosi, recently deposed democratic shooting star Anthony Weiner, Harry Reid, the ethnically biased and the politically perverted.

Case in point, a Tea Partier, while yelling, "Kill the Bill" at congressman Emanel Cleaver (D) Missouri when he was walking up some steps at a state building, accidentally sprayed a little spit on the congressman's cheek. There is a video of the whole thing viewable on the Huffington Post website. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/28...16300.html Democrats immediately siezed upon the opportunity to falsely charge the Tea Party protestor with intentially spitting on the congressman, and the Tea Party en masse of being a racist organization. Showing his true colors, the congressman never publicly decried the false accusation, in spite of the fact that he touts his calling as a United Methodist Minister.

Contrast that with the episode recorded in the news recently when 5 Occupy Protestors tried to blow up a bridge near Cleveland, Ohio. Said the dems----chirp---chirp---chirp, well, the crickets tried their best to take up the slack but the effect was just as dramatic. One Tea Partier sprays a little spit while yelling kill the bill, and it's nuclear bedlam. FIVE anarchists try to blow up a bridge in the name of the democrat backed 'Occupy Movement' and we get not so much as a peep out of the dems. They have no honor.

Now you tell me, what would the dems have said and done if the 5 anarchists had been Tea Partiers? And you want to accuse the republicans of small minded bias? :please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lets look at our leaders.

President's Obama, Bush. You had contenders Gore, McCain, Kerry.

If that is the best our country has to offer for leadership, then honestly, what hope is there anyways?

None of those are worthy Presidents.

Our leadership on both sides of congress has been pitiful allso. Reid, Pelosi, McConnel. None of those people should be in charge of leading anything but a conga line.
^ Andrew Breitbart offered to make a $100,000 donation to the United ***** College Fund for any audio/video footage of the N-word being hurled at Congressman John Lewis or if Lewis could pass a lie-detector test. "It didn't happen." If anybody had any proof of the n-word being bandied about they would have come forward. There were many cameras rolling as the representatives made their way up the steps of the Cannon Building.

NEWS REPORT---Representative André Carson said that while walking with John Lewis and his chief of staff from the Cannon building, amid chants of "kill the bill", he heard the "n-word at least 15 times". Carson said he heard it coming from different places in the crowd, and one man "just rattled it off several times". Carson quoted Lewis as saying, "You know, this reminds me of a different time." Heath Shuler, a Democratic U.S. representative from North Carolina commented on the tenor of the protests, saying: "It was the most horrible display of protesting I have ever seen in my life." He also confirmed hearing the slur against Frank.

It's amazing out of all this, nothing at all was caught by even one of the many state or the art cameras abuzz at the time. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Surely you can at least agree that there are several unions that overreach. Some of the stuff I've read about pensions, benefits and other things do need addressed. Teachers getting liposuction, nose jobs and tummy tucks while their average salary is 76k is a bit much, right?
I don't know any teachers that make 76K. I also know that health insurance doesn't pay for stuff like that. At least, mine doesn't. But, I will agree that some unions overreach. I've never been one to take up for public unions very much, btw.
Obama and his liberal minions wanted a single payer health care system were you, the taxpayer, paid healthcare providers directly through your contributions to your friendly federal government. They did not have the votes to get such a bill through Congress so they did the next best thing. Obamacare includes a tax for businesses who refuse to provide healthcare insurance for their employees.

The cost of the tax/penalty will be much less than the cost of providing coverage, so many businesses will drop coverage for some or all of their employees. It does not take a genius to figure that out and any liberal who tells you that this will not happen or that it is not an objective of Obamacare is lying to you...again.

Those of you who believed Obama when he said that under his scheme, nothing would change - that you would have the option to keep your current insurance and keep your doctor, hospital, etc. were played for chumps. Whether you fell for the lies of the liberals who are forcing this monstrosity down our throats or not, the quality of your medical insurance coverage will take a big hit, sooner or later, and private healthcare will become a thing of the past unless Obamacare is appealed.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Obama and his liberal minions wanted a single payer health care system were you, the taxpayer, paid healthcare providers directly through your contributions to your friendly federal government. They did not have the votes to get such a bill through Congress so they did the next best thing. Obamacare includes a tax for businesses who refuse to provide healthcare insurance for their employees.

The cost of the tax/penalty will be much less than the cost of providing coverage, so many businesses will drop coverage for some or all of their employees. It does not take a genius to figure that out and any liberal who tells you that this will not happen or that it is not an objective of Obamacare is lying to you...again.

Those of you who believed Obama when he said that under his scheme, nothing would change - that you would have the option to keep your current insurance and keep your doctor, hospital, etc. were played for chumps. Whether you fell for the lies of the liberals who are forcing this monstrosity down our throats or not, the quality of your medical insurance coverage will take a big hit, sooner or later, and private healthcare will become a thing of the past unless Obamacare is appealed.
A conservative leaning court is forcing it down your throats. They could have shot it "down in flames". I think it was you that said they would, with all your high court knowledge.
TheRealVille Wrote:A conservative leaning court is forcing it down your throats. They could have shot it "down in flames". I think it was you that said they would, with all your high court knowledge.
And I think it was you who recently claimed that Obamacare will save the federal government money. You still have not retracted that lie. Where do you get the bogus stats that you post here? You provided no link.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:And I think it was you who recently claimed that Obamacare will save the federal government money. You still have not retracted that lie. Where do you get the bogus stats that you post here? You provided no link.
As soon as a conservative court rules it constitutional, the court is accused of being held hostage. :biglmao: The conservatives are just full of lies about this law.

http://www.eriecountydems.org/issues/aff...-care-act/
TheRealVille Wrote:As soon as a conservative court rules it constitutional, the court is accused of being held hostage. :biglmao: The conservatives are just full of lies about this law.

http://www.eriecountydems.org/issues/aff...-care-act/
Thank you for posting the source of some of the lies that you post here. I can see why you did not provide the link earlier. When one depends on political party websites for their facts, finding a good lie is easy for a party hack such as yourself. Anybody with any common sense knows that Obamacare is going to increase healthcare costs in this country and that is why it has never been and will never be a popular program. Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next