Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
Nobody really knows how this Affordable Care Act is going to pan out. Some praise it as a stepping stone to something that will work. Some will even contend that our health care worries are over. Some say that it will certainly raise costs and deplete care.

One thing is certain...Americans lost a freedom of choice.

I would never claim to know the answer to our health care woes in this country. I do tend to believe that seeking and getting rid of fraud and abuse within the current system would have been a good first step. I also tend to believe seriously addressing TORT reform would help to decrease costs. I believe expanding free markets for insurance companies would help. I believe those in large groups (such as state and federal employees) could save money by modifying plans offered to them in ways it would save costs...There is no need for many folks that have good jobs to be insured for EVERY little ailment. I believe expanding nurse or practitioner clinics would help in saving costs...Our insurance companies don't need to pay for a doctors visit for a simple cold or minor illness. Let nurses and practitioners dispense, not prescribe minor medications. We should encourage personal responsibility when dealing with minor illnesses. I'm sure there are many more things that can be done.

We should never settle for a mammoth bill such as this. We should ALWAYS hold tight to our freedom of choice and liberty. Like it or not, this decision has stripped a freedom of choice from Americans. It chiseled a small chip of freedom away and opened the door for more. We cannot allow this small chip to grow into large chunks or we are doomed as a country.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by SKINNYPIG - 07-01-2012, 02:33 PM