Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
Beetle01 Wrote:I don't think you understand. THESE PEOPLE WITHOUT INSURANCE ALREADY GO TO THE ER. The ER clutter would be much less. There is going to be no cattle call. People will be able to make appointments with their MD's for chronic issues, instead of going to the ER every week or couple of weeks.
90% of the patients I saw were chronic pain or similar issues, that the only thing they could do was come to the ER. In the ER we are forced to do all kinds of tests to assure that it is just something chronic, MD's, NP's, and PA's are not going to risk their license by just writing them some pain meds without making sure that chronic migraine isn't a brain bleed. These patients would be able to follow up with their MD every 3 to 6 months and get RX's and control their issues.

Also, 4 out of 5 people w/o insurance in this country lives in a family where at least one member of the family works full time hours. To act like everyone out there is just some bum who doesn't work is just foolish. That is not the truth. Many of the patients I have seen work full time, and do what they can just to get by. They aren't the smartest or best this country has to offer, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get proper medical care.

The real cost in this country is from illegal immigration. We have to put a stop the them being able to obtain jobs and not deporting them. Illegal immigrants make approx 401 billion under the table untaxed income. Not to mentions the 250billion they cost us expenses for education, jail, healthcare, and so on.

That money would be more than enough to pay for this bill, and start paying off our debt.

California, a state that is in huge financial crisis, would have a 8billion dollar budget surplus if all illegal immigrants left today.

Edit: Wanted to clarify, that i felt like all illegals should be deported when caught.

Nope, you're the one in the dark. The law will elevate those going to the ER for health care to the same, or likely better status, as those with the cadillac care plans have right now, even though the level of overall care given will be much lower. I guess you must have missed the part where a large percentage of the docs in business right now intend to leave the medical profession as the direct result of this massive government invasion into their practice. The way I heard it stated on the news went like this, people will be getting 1950's style health care for 2012 level premiums. I'll tell you something else. The illegal immigrants you are raving about, will be standing right beside YOU in line to get medical attention or more likely in front of YOU. Illegals are going nowhere except to the head of the entitlements line. You really can't tap into the gist here? What do you think the word universal in health care stands for?

You act like it will be a case of bringing the so-called poor up to the cadillac status of the better health insurance policies when in fact it is a social reckoning. That is the outcome social justice necessarily dictates. Taking away the priviledge of the fortunate among the middle class is one of the mandates of social justice. Therefore, they will find their status lowered to whatever the base level bottoms out to. Heck, for all we know, ER style care may look far superior to the actual level of care folks recieve with the inception of ObamaCare. As to your assertion, while pointing out the obvious fact that the ER crowd doesn't pay for or have health insurance, don't forget, most of the 30 million people the left wanted to add to the medicare rolls STILL were not expected to pay for their insurance. So, the ones that already pay for their own health insurance, under the ACA will pay a much steeper premium for their insurance and some (at least 30 million to start) will pay little or nothing. Reality is like the account "the other guy" just gave us. The promises of ObamaCare will dissolve away into that reality. He already showed his hand on the campaign trail during his run up to the white house when he said, "Americans use 67% of the world's energy, it isn't right, and we cannot continue our energy usage at that level" Folks aren't able to see that their freedoms and privilege are erroding away. It's incredible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by TheRealThing - 07-02-2012, 05:26 PM