Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
TheRealThing Wrote:Nope, you're the one in the dark. The law will elevate those going to the ER for health care to the same, or likely better status, as those with the cadillac care plans have right now, even though the level of overall care given will be much lower. I guess you must have missed the part where a large percentage of the docs in business right now intend to leave the medical profession as the direct result of this massive government invasion into their practice. The way I heard it stated on the news went like this, people will be getting 1950's style health care for 2012 level premiums. I'll tell you something else. The illegal immigrants you are raving about, will be standing right beside YOU in line to get medical attention or more likely in front of YOU. Illegals are going nowhere except to the head of the entitlements line. You really can't tap into the gist here? What do you think the word universal in health care stands for?

You act like it will be a case of bringing the so-called poor up to the cadillac status of the better health insurance policies when in fact it is a social reckoning. That is the outcome social justice necessarily dictates. Taking away the priviledge of the fortunate among the middle class is one of the mandates of social justice. Therefore, they will find their status lowered to whatever the base level bottoms out to. Heck, for all we know, ER style care may look far superior to the actual level of care folks recieve with the inception of ObamaCare. As to your assertion, while pointing out the obvious fact that the ER crowd doesn't pay for or have health insurance, don't forget, most of the 30 million people the left wanted to add to the medicare rolls STILL were not expected to pay for their insurance. So, the ones that already pay for their own health insurance, under the ACA will pay a much steeper premium for their insurance and some (at least 30 million to start) will pay little or nothing. Reality is like the account "the other guy" just gave us. The promises of ObamaCare will dissolve away into that reality. He already showed his hand on the campaign trail during his run up to the white house when he said, "Americans use 67% of the world's energy, it isn't right, and we cannot continue our energy usage at that level" Folks aren't able to see that their freedoms and privilege are erroding away. It's incredible.

Im not sure how many MD's you know, but I know dozens, and work with dozens, and we discuss these things. Most seem to like the idea. I can't think of one who said they didn't like it. Although, Im sure there are a few who may not say so. Not one has even mentioned quitting. I don't know where you heard that or what BS news coverage told you that shit. You are a fool if you believe that.

Im not sure why you think there is going to be this massive influx to the Doctor's office. More people are not going to get sick or injured. Sure you may see a small rise in overall visits, as people get checkups and get better preventative care. However, more people are not going to get cancer, heart disease, CHF, traumatic injuries, serious infections, or other critical situations.

If everyone had insurance, the overall cost of the HC at the provider level would decrease rapidly over a matter of a couple of years, if not sooner. That is because when hospitals stop having to pass on the cost of the uninsured over the insured. Treatment costs will drop, and significantly. roughly 30-35% of the cost of your treatment is inflated for this reason. And more in places where there is a denser population of the uninsured.

Premiums are not going to sky rocket. Health Insurance companies will be restricted on price gouging. Therefore they can't offer you a plan for 3 times the cost they gave someone who used a voucher to buy their Insurance.

The only people who are really losing in this bill is the insurance companies, and to that I applaud. Any companies that destroy lives for profit by denying coverage to an eligible person, who then can not receive treatment, are getting what they deserve.

Don't worry they will still make billions a year. Many of these CEO's and board members deserve nothing less than a bullet in their cranium. Im against the death penalty though, so life in prison would have to do.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by Beetle01 - 07-02-2012, 08:43 PM