Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
TheRealThing Wrote:I know you'll never be able to let this alone but, campaign finance and reform is not the biggest problem we deal with these days. Same old libertarian song and dance routine. Personally I don't care how much business, or the AFLCIO spend on the campaigns, as long as at least one side tells the truth. That is the unfortunate nature of our problem these days. One side is lying their head off about their own actions and intentions. While misrepresenting the actions and intentions of their cohorts across the aisle. The dems are the ones doing all the lying and the republicans find themselves on their heels a lot because of a lack of direction and occassionally committment on their own part. I'd say you lean toward supporting this administation and the dems in general.

As to your question, I know enough doc's to formulate an oppinion, and if it's all the same to you, when it comes to "where I get my news" I'll take news from anywhere other than you :please:

One last point. As to your assertion, "If everyone had insurance, the overall cost of the HC at the provider level would decrease rapidly over a matter of a couple of years, if not sooner." Well, everyone may HAVE insurance under this plan. The problem is, everyone will not PAY for insurance under this plan. They will still be sluggardly drains on the system, such as it is, and folks that are accustomed to paying for their family and the sluggards will still pay for their family and the sluggards. Governmental intrusion considered, the medical system will be the worse for said intrusion. The end result being this, people who pay now will pay then, people who don't pay now won't pay then. Therefore nothing has changed except the bureaucratic meddling of Ozombie administration. And, of course, the skyrocketing medical costs and insurance premiums.

" I'd say you lean toward supporting this administation and the dems in general."

-Wrong, I have never voted Democrat, and won't this fall. I agree with the Republican stance on most things. There are some things where I agree with the Democrats on, but not much. There are some things I disagree with both parties on.

-TRT- Do you believe health care is a human right?

"The problem is, everyone will not PAY for insurance under this plan. They will still be sluggardly drains on the system, such as it is, and folks that are accustomed to paying for their family and the sluggards will still pay for their family and the sluggards."

-True, there are sluggards out there, however, 38 million workers and their families were uninsured in 2006. 4 out of every 5 of the uninsured in this country live in a family where atleast 1 adult works full time. So this whole focus on the "sluggards" is just an excuse to address the problem.

"And, of course, the skyrocketing medical costs and insurance premiums."

-Why are medical costs and insurance premiums going to continue to rise? Medical costs have gone up due to hospitals having to cover the costs of the uninsured. If they no longer do that, costs will go down. Premiums have gone up to reflect that increase in cost. Also, lets not forget in the last 10 years, as I have stated before, Insurance companies have tripled their profit in the last 10 years.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by Beetle01 - 07-03-2012, 09:07 PM