Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
TheRealThing Wrote:Happy 4th Vector, I'm responding to the post, not the identity. If anybody needs to pull the wool over folks eyes to get their vote it would be Obama. There is a term referring to an attitude, which applies to a lot of people these days, often used to describe a particular state, that of 'wilful igorance'. Those who are wilfully ignorant refuse to accept the truth. Inwardly, they know they're being hardheaded, and they are wrong about much of what they say. But, they continue to push forward down a path they know is going to be painful because of the contempt and rebellion that boils within them. In their mind, the pain will be acceptable 'collateral damage' to finally see the conservative right wing utterly defeated. Very similar to the story of Captain Ahab and Moby Dick. Ahab's desire to see the demise of the whale was so great Melville wrote; "If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it"

People are bent on their own destruction, and that flame burns hotter these days. George H Bush called for a "kinder gentler nation." I hope a renewed love of country and thankfulness for what we have will unite enough Americans to celebrate the blessings of this day, remembering the great sacrifices that have given us our liberty and nation.

Romney for president!

Personally TRT, I do not feel that anything that vector posts is worthy of a response from any member of BGR. After what I consider to be the lowest form of insult that he directed at Vundy the other day, I will refuse to acknowlege any of his posts from now on. It's one thing to go at one another on here, get nasty, or whatever else, but there was absolutely no excuse for that one. As you may notice there has never an apology nor has he shown any other form of remorse for his comment. Vundy is no different than any of the rest of us on here, we all say things that we probably really shouldn't, and I am as guilty as anyone, but the honest truth is, IMO he is an American hero for putting his life on the line for this country. I imagine that Vundy is probably a Purple Heart recipitant as well. You dont have to agree with anything Vundy says, but most definately deserves more respect than he was shown. So in essence, to me at this point, that one is totally inexcusable and unforgivable.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by Bob Seger - 07-04-2012, 02:37 PM