Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
TheRealThing Wrote:My appologies for associating you with the dems
Do I believe health care is a human right?--- NO, where do you guys come up with this stuff? But since you know dozens of docs I'll remind you of something you no doubt already are familiar with. The doctors of this land have cared for the so-called self payers now for decades. The irony of the term "self payers" is that they never pay. The doctors said fine, we know we'll wind up treating folks who don't pay anyway, so why don't we make a deal. Make it illegal for folks who don't pay, to sue the very doctors who wind up giving them free services. The politicians of this land, lawyers all, answered a resounding NO!

Again, all we're going to accomplish by giving the 38 million who presently recieve free health care right now, is to give them the dignity of having health insurance. Plus the right to go to the head of the line, like I said before, very likely in front of you. But, the point you tried to address unsuccessfully was this, the 38 million uninsured who didn't pay for their health care before, aren't going to pay for their health care under ObamaCare. The working class will pay for it in the form of taxes, whether by insurance premiums, or by being taxed on their own health insurance which they pay for if they opt out of the single payer plan Obama wants to set up, or the myriad of hidden taxes embedded in the Affordable Care Act. How many ways do I have to explain that to you? You can't just force the insurance companies to add 38 million folks to their rolls and expect health care to remain at the level at which it exists presently. So, the level of services will go down, and those of us that pay insurance premiums now will take on more of the responsibility of funding ObamaCare by helping to pay for the 38 million added to the insurance rolls.

Any way you slice it, it's still just a gigantic welfare system. You can give it any name you want. Free health care, universal health care, health insurance or whatever. It will still be free for at least 38 million. BTW, illegals will be among those getting free care. Now, since King Obama decreed that every latino in the land between the ages of 16 and 30 were home free, we will see a tidal wave of illegals in that age group.

Finally, if premiums have gone up to reflect "that increase in cost" you mention above, what makes you think adding 38 million folks and counting won't cause an exponential rise in insurance premiums for those who actually pay? If I'm one of the lucky ones, and I'm not, but as for those folks, why would they care is it costs Americans $500 dollars a month per person insured or even more? Like I said THEY DON'T PAY ANYTHING. One way or another they will be paid for by someone. And if you're imagining the health insurance company's will be absorbing all this expense just because the Obama admin tells them to, you are dellusional.

Well we likely will not ever come to an agreement. You don't view healthcare as a human right, I do. Even if not a human right, I see it as our responsibility as a nation, person, and Christian to take care of our sick and injured. Of the 38million folks you mentioned, 25% of those are children who are uninsured. Of course we shouldn't help out our children in your view.

It seems like your POV, and many who are siding with you is that all 38million of these people are jobless, freeloading, drug addicts. That is not the truth. Most work full time jobs, are children, or are underemployed or jobless due to the recent recession and Free Trade Acts that have shipped millions of jobs outside of our borders.

As for the increase in premiums by insurance companies, because you state they will not eat those losses. Even if we didn't add the 38million to insurance (BTW thats 38million premiums they will receive.) They will still see a loss in profits from other regulations in the bill. Coverage of pre-existing conditions, limits on price gouging (How else do you think they tripled their profits?), and their inability to now drop someone because they get sick. All of that is going to lead to a loss in profits, and they won't be able to raise premiums. Since Health Insurance coverage is no longer a free market, and is ran by oligopoly, I have no problem with restricting them.

This Oligopolistic practice which affects most of our major industries, Oil, Food, HC, and others. Is basically a monopoly being carried out by a handful of individual entities. This has resulted in collusion and market sharing to help drive up prices and profits.

This is not how our market or country is intended be ran. So if we are not going to go in and break up these companies, than obviously some other form of regulation has to be instituted.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by Beetle01 - 07-04-2012, 04:54 PM