Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
Beetle01 Wrote:Well we likely will not ever come to an agreement. You don't view healthcare as a human right, I do. Even if not a human right, I see it as our responsibility as a nation, person, and Christian to take care of our sick and injured. Of the 38million folks you mentioned, 25% of those are children who are uninsured. Of course we shouldn't help out our children in your view.

It seems like your POV, and many who are siding with you is that all 38million of these people are jobless, freeloading, drug addicts. That is not the truth. Most work full time jobs, are children, or are underemployed or jobless due to the recent recession and Free Trade Acts that have shipped millions of jobs outside of our borders.

As for the increase in premiums by insurance companies, because you state they will not eat those losses. Even if we didn't add the 38million to insurance (BTW thats 38million premiums they will receive.) They will still see a loss in profits from other regulations in the bill. Coverage of pre-existing conditions, limits on price gouging (How else do you think they tripled their profits?), and their inability to now drop someone because they get sick. All of that is going to lead to a loss in profits, and they won't be able to raise premiums. Since Health Insurance coverage is no longer a free market, and is ran by oligopoly, I have no problem with restricting them.

This Oligopolistic practice which affects most of our major industries, Oil, Food, HC, and others. Is basically a monopoly being carried out by a handful of individual entities. This has resulted in collusion and market sharing to help drive up prices and profits.

This is not how our market or country is intended be ran. So if we are not going to go in and break up these companies, than obviously some other form of regulation has to be instituted.

I see you and tvtimeout are vying for the 'most indoctrinated of the year' award. So unless and until, you actually get out in the real world and factually learn how things really work, you probably should post less and read more. That's not to say you can't repeat your favorite libertarian talking points. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by TheRealThing - 07-04-2012, 05:47 PM