Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
Beetle01 Wrote:We spend 1.4 trillion a year on military activities. Waging pointless war after pointless war. Yet providing proper healthcare for the children of our country is what gets people all up in arms? Talk about messed up priorities.

Yes the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were a big waste of time and lives. No this does not mean I don't support the troops as Im sure the Neo Cons on the site will try to paint me as a soldier hating hippy. I support our troops as much as anyone, which is why I don't believe they should be over there putting their lives on the line for Oil fields, Poppy fields, and minerals.

I know plenty of soldiers who oppose/opposed both wars, they still went because they had no choice. We have no need for such a large standing army. No country or group of countries could ever threaten us if we just had a small (by comparison) 250-500k active/reserve force. The 2 most powerful countries besides the US is Russia and China, neither country has the capability to maintain a force beyond their borders for more than a couple of months, I don't care how many times you watch Red Dawn, that is a fact.

Pre WW2, America always had a small standing force, and we did not get into countless wars all around the globe. When necessary, men and women would volunteer in defense of their nation. This gave us the advantage over all other enemies. Since the start of this nation, our generals and those around the world marveled at the ability of Americans to rise up and fight against "regular" forces. There's a really good book called America's Victories. It talks about how and why America won its wars. I recommend it to you all.

Getting OT, but I'll continue anyways.

Since the beginning of this nation our great leaders, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Eisenhower, and many others fought and warned us about 2 things that could and would lead to the fall of this nation. Those 2 things were Banks gaining control of our money and economic system, and the rise of the Military Industrial Complex.

This last speech by Eisenhower talks about the threat of the MIC.

Of course the MIC rose up anyways, and now we have war after war for nothing but money.

Here is a good quote from Thomas Jefferson.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Of course now we have the Fed Reserve, a group of world bankers who control the printing of our money, inflation, and interest rates.

We have failed ourselves.

Been reading TV Guide again I see.:eyeroll:

Yeah, and that cost us almost the entire Pacific fleet, and over 2 thousand lives at Pearl Harbor, plus the lives of hundreds of thousands of U.S. soldiers throughout the war, by the U.S. being unprepared for what lurked out there.

You're an idiot Beetle, and you solidify that more and more with every post you make.

Honestly, I have more confidence in people locked up in rubber rooms than I do with you.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by Bob Seger - 07-15-2012, 07:56 AM