Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
Beetle01 Wrote:1.) In what possible scenario could we have a sword to our throat that having a 5 million man military would prevent? You speak of a plane loaded to the hilt, in what scenario would we not know that thing took off and is headed our way that having more men and women on the ground holding guns would prevent? We would still have satellites, radar, interceptor pilots, and air defense weaponry. Our chances of stopping that attack are the exact same.

No potential enemy has close to the Navy Japan had in WW2, nor could they even get close enough to launch an attack. That would still be the same with less men on the ground holding guns.

Any type of all out war scenario that you seem to fear, is still going to require millions of civilians to be trained. By millions, I mean tens of millions. Having an already extremely large standing army is not going to change the outcome of that war.

The only other option is to have mandatory 2-3 year service within 6 years of being out of high school. This would help prevent your scenario, and would also prevent situations like Iraq and Afghanistan. Currently our Army is a volunteer service. Those people chose that profession, they know the risks. This whole hoorah of we keep you safe and defend freedom is complete BS. I am less safe and less free than I was on 9/12/2001.

2.) The Union of defense contractors and military leaders exists, it is exactly what Eisenhower warned us about. Your comparison to communist states and dictatorships is flawed. The MIC has a huge impact on all facets of out military including intelligence and policy decisions.

I'm sorry, my initial asssesment of your level of understanding was a little hasty. Make that dellusional, shallow and uniformed. My post went competely over your head as your response demonstrates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by TheRealThing - 07-15-2012, 04:58 PM