Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia Hype - Rising Again.
So rumor has it there is a few boys coming from Jersey to the promise land at Cordia.

There is also a boy by the name of Chad Whitaker that is working out with me. He will be a force in the 14th come play time. Watch out for him.
Never heard of this kid,where's he from? Don't see alot of tranfers coming to Cordia,but I could be wrong.Heard the same stuff last year and that didn't pan out.
ah boys...
Need horses not donkey's to win the KY Derby, Once you get a horse you need a Jockey and a Trainer. They may get the horses at Cordia, but the Jockey and Trainer is suspect?????
There should be a lot less pressure this year...
Everyone and their brother was ready to crown them the kings last year before we knew if their players were any good (they had one decent one) and if the coach was legit (still remains to be seen).

They made improvements from the prior season - and if that continues then this year they should pull a couple of upsets.

Let's see what happens.
Exactly whatZaga said, let's see what happens?

Will not know anything until first game.
Were they better than a year ago? From some of the scores, they were more competitive the year before.
This will be same thing year in and year out as long as Rhodes is their hes done more damage than good he lost a couple of playes and an assistant coach in his first year and all the Hype in the world can come out of lotts creek but the bottom line is Cordia will be Cordia. Rhodes is in over his head and cant beat the Knott,Cent,Perry,Cent,Hazard or Letcher,Cent,Breathitt,Co of the region. someone answer this question if he was a good coach or recruiter why Cordia??? Why not Warrwn,Cent he interviewed their or a Louisville or Lexington school? does he have a teaching degree? any one know or is he taking the Lions on a fairy tale???
I look at it like this.
I'm not entirely sure on the record that Cordia had before Rhodes, but I know it was better this year.
Chris Hudson is a good player and will be a good prospect to watch for another 2 years.
Whose to say he can't add some people in with the big fella'? Cordia really hasn't seen a player of this caliber in many years. I'm not ready to just throw in the towel on Cordia just yet but they are doing better than they was IMO.
Ballers Wrote:I look at it like this.
I'm not entirely sure on the record that Cordia had before Rhodes, but I know it was better this year.
Chris Hudson is a good player and will be a good prospect to watch for another 2 years.
Whose to say he can't add some people in with the big fella'? Cordia really hasn't seen a player of this caliber in many years. I'm not ready to just throw in the towel on Cordia just yet but they are doing better than they was IMO.

A few years back Cordia was in the mountain top 10 and upsetting some big teams around the region...
Hudson is athletic and young with the capability of being a big name player at Cordia - but even with him and the kids that started out at Cordia last year they were closer to the bottom of the region than they were the middle.

They improved a LITTLE last year and now they have an entire year in Rhodes' system - if they don't beat some more teams this year I'm ready to throw in the towel
Hudson has improved tremendously over the summer. Finishing at #2 in top recruiting for aau ball this summer and has had scouts for Murray State and Tennessee Tech come speak to him personally. The rumor of new players coming in this summer are true(not mentioning any names until its official). Hudson has developed a post game, and been working hard on his legs. He has couple decent players around him(Owens and Combs), but just not enough to take down the powerhouses in this region. Rhodes knows what has to be done and imo will eventually get there. This year will be a better year for Cordia imo due to Rhodes not having to deal with 3 or 4 seniors calling him a n***** when pt isn't going their way. But we'll see what happens, camp starts for the boys come the 10th. Then i can get a visual aspect on what the teams gonna look like.
A lot of teams lost a lot this year except Breathitt.
Cordia could just sneak in this year, we"ll just have to see.
Cordia will have to beat either Knott or Letcher to make it out of the district...
Two teams that totally outclassed Cordia on both ends of the court last year.
I know it's early - but I think it's another full year before they can contend.
^who all did Letcher lose?
Ballers Wrote:So rumor has it there is a few boys coming from Jersey to the promise land at Cordia.

There is also a boy by the name of Chad Whitaker that is working out with me. He will be a force in the 14th come play time. Watch out for him.

I know of this Whitaker boy, below average player. He won't help them, lucky to help Riverside
Ballers Wrote:I look at it like this.

They had a better record last year then Denny Fugate's team because they had a very easy schedule compared to they year before. Last year's team was no better then the year before

I do see Cordia in Region with Letcher losing what they lost, still Knott/Perry/Breathitt will be to much for them. People better be watching Austin Combs, he won MVP of the All-Star game at Blue Chip Camp, he is for real. Nobody in this region is out working this soon to be 8th grader.

Zaga is also right, just 4 or 5 years ago Cordia had probably the 2nd if not best team they ever had, 2nd best team in the region and in the Mountain top ten. Made it all they way to 4 or 5 in the top ten as well.
I went with all the hype before I even saw the team play last year. I have seen a few things on a few players but I am saying nothing.

I will say this, the team is still a few years away from competing with the big boys of the 14th. I would argue that Hudson is the best Junior in the 14th.
Good grief, will Cordia even have a team? They didn't have enough players to play summer ball. I believe Owens played with Wesley Christian this summer.
Crazy Horse Wrote:They had a better record last year then Denny Fugate's team because they had a very easy schedule compared to they year before. Last year's team was no better then the year before

I do see Cordia in Region with Letcher losing what they lost, still Knott/Perry/Breathitt will be to much for them. People better be watching Austin Combs, he won MVP of the All-Star game at Blue Chip Camp, he is for real. Nobody in this region is out working this soon to be 8th grader.

Zaga is also right, just 4 or 5 years ago Cordia had probably the 2nd if not best team they ever had, 2nd best team in the region and in the Mountain top ten. Made it all they way to 4 or 5 in the top ten as well.

Letcher beat Cordia 133-49 last year. I don't see Cordia making up that much ground without some major changes. I'm guessing Letcher's second unit played closer than that in practice.
Last season Cordia finished 11th or 12th best team in the 14th region. Look for them to be around the same coming into this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Good grief, will Cordia even have a team? They didn't have enough players to play summer ball. I believe Owens played with Wesley Christian this summer.

Amount of players was not the issue, nobody on the team could tell me why they didn't play summer ball, not one single player. I believe it was because Hudson. He traveled with one of the best aau teams in the state I believe in Lexington or something like that, Rhodes apparently told them to do their own thing. Austin Combs even played with Breathitt County this summer, not having a summer team was a big mistake
ekff Wrote:Last season Cordia finished 11th or 12th best team in the 14th region. Look for them to be around the same coming into this season.

k coach!
Crazy Horse Wrote:They had a better record last year then Denny Fugate's team because they had a very easy schedule compared to they year before. Last year's team was no better then the year before

Why don't you go back and check the records and ranking from 1991-1995, the only district championship ever at the school in 1993. Only trip to the wymt in 1993 where they lost to Sheldon Clark in triple overtime 117-116. Cordia has not seen a player close to the caliber Tad Brewer or Jimmy Keith nor has a Cordia team played the type of schedule they played.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Amount of players was not the issue, nobody on the team could tell me why they didn't play summer ball, not one single player. I believe it was because Hudson. He traveled with one of the best aau teams in the state I believe in Lexington or something like that, Rhodes apparently told them to do their own thing. Austin Combs even played with Breathitt County this summer, not having a summer team was a big mistake

Pretty sure aau takes June off so players can have some time to play with their High School team.
Outsidelookin are you kidding me with the Tad Brewer and Jimmy Keith post. U mean neither one of those boys are Chris Hudsons league. Tad and Jimmy couldnt of jumped off of each others backs and dunked. They were selfish ball hogs as well. Cordia never won nothing with them two up there. Cordia is better now trying to play as a team.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Why don't you go back and check the records and ranking from 1991-1995, the only district championship ever at the school in 1993. Only trip to the wymt in 1993 where they lost to Sheldon Clark in triple overtime 117-116. Cordia has not seen a player close to the caliber Tad Brewer or Jimmy Keith nor has a Cordia team played the type of schedule they played.

I doubt he was alive then, bro.

Cordia's best year in this century was 2008.
Ballers Wrote:So rumor has it there is a few boys coming from Jersey to the promise land at Cordia.

I'll make sure to quote this when the season starts.
The_Rock Wrote:Outsidelookin are you kidding me with the Tad Brewer and Jimmy Keith post. U mean neither one of those boys are Chris Hudsons league. Tad and Jimmy couldnt of jumped off of each others backs and dunked. They were selfish ball hogs as well. Cordia never won nothing with them two up there. Cordia is better now trying to play as a team.
Never knew dunking the ball made you a player, unless you are just a fan. Brewer only drop 2000+ points in his career a district championship, two district runnerups and 2 14th region semi finals. What about 2008?? Numbers don't lie opinions stink. Did they win the district?? Lets see what numbers Hudson puts up!!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Never knew dunking the ball made you a player, unless you are just a fan. Brewer only drop 2000+ points in his career a district championship, two district runnerups and 2 14th region semi finals. What about 2008?? Numbers don't lie opinions stink. Did they win the district?? Lets see what numbers Hudson puts up!!

Not disagreeing with you when it comes to tad and jimmy Keith, but Hudson was playing a position he never played before last year. Originally a 2 guard back home he had to adjust when coming here to play. He had a huge triple double last year against sf(36pt, 20rb, 10dimes). I know its just south floyd but thats hard to get even if you play jackson city. And lead Cordia with 34 and 15 with a win over East Ridge. Hudson will be one of the best players to ever come out of Cordia. Guarantee he goes somewhere more prestigious then any other player out of Cordia.