Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compare Them
Skip has compared Anthony Davis to Tim Duncan. Personally I don't see it....

Who would you compare some of the 2012 Draft Class to?

IMO: This is my list of players that I think are going to have good careers and who I would compare them to.

Anthony Davis = Kevin Garnett (Mid-range shooter with pretty good D. Not comparing AD to TD because TD is more of a back to the basket player. Which means I'm thinking Davis is going to have a great career.)

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist = Scotty Pippen/Luol Deng (IF HE WORKS ON SHOOTING = pippen. I know some people won't agree with me on this one but I see a lot of Pippen in MKG. Great all-around player. I believe MKG is going to have the best career in this class. IF MKG DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER AT SHOOTING THEN I'LL COMPARE HIM TO LUOL DENG.)

Austin Rivers = Stephen Curry (Good scorer but size will be a problem. Listed 6'5" but looks 6'3".)

Dion Waiters = Rodney Stuckey (Not a true point or 2, but pretty good player.)

Terence Jones = Kenyon Martin (Solid all-around player but more of a face up PF.)

Damian Lillard = Jason Terry (Good scorer, I could see him been a very good 6th man for along time.)

John Jenkins = Ray Allan (IMO: Steal of the draft.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good list. I disagree with some of it but I gotta give you props for taking the time to make it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I had a friend i was watching the draft with try to compare Davis with Duncan also. My opinion is you can not compare Davis to any one player period. He is to versatile. I think in years to come players will be compared to Davis instead of him being compared to someone else. He will be something special.
The thing is...
you can't listen to anything that comes out of Skip's mouth
I think Lillard passes too well to be compared to Jason Terry..
I see him as more of a Goran Dragic type of player - but a little more athletic.

and I think Austin Rivers is legit 6' 5" - he is just thin and plays small, but that's a problem in its own right.

I agree with everything else - especially the Pippen/MKG. I think he is more of the Pippen that D'd up everyone and dunked on people, which I'm sure that's what you were getting at.

I dunno if I would call Jenkins a Ray Allen - but the kid is lights out.
I wouldnt compare anyone to Ray Allen really till they actually do it.
You have people like JJ Reddick, Jimmer Fredette, people like this that was shooting from the hashmark, and now you don't even hear their name mentioned hardly.
They may have a big game every now and then, but I could see Jenkins falling into that type of whole - whether he's lights out in college or not.
Ballers Wrote:I wouldnt compare anyone to Ray Allen really till they actually do it.
You have people like JJ Reddick, Jimmer Fredette, people like this that was shooting from the hashmark, and now you don't even hear their name mentioned hardly.
They may have a big game every now and then, but I could see Jenkins falling into that type of whole - whether he's lights out in college or not.

What makes Ray Allan and Jenkins different from Jimmer and JJ is their release, that's everything in the NBA, can't be slow getting the ball out of ur hand in the NBA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As far as Kenyon Martin and Terrence Jones - I agree but their personalities are nothing alike.
I was honestly thinking Jenkins would be more like Jason Terry.
ekff Wrote:What makes Ray Allan and Jenkins different from Jimmer and JJ is their release, that's everything in the NBA, can't be slow getting the ball out of ur hand in the NBA.

Jenkins is Jeff Hornacek - I think that's fair lol
Pretty good list Ekff.

I know I'll probably catch hell for this but I'm actually an Austin Rivers fan, not a fan of the Pukies tho
Strikeout King Wrote:Pretty good list Ekff.

I know I'll probably catch hell for this but I'm actually an Austin Rivers fan, not a fan of the Pukies tho

Not from me.
I'm a Kyrie Irving fan, not a Duke fan.